PNE Community and Education Trust and From the Finney - Fan Engagement Survey

FTF

Forum Patron
Patron
Following a very constructive meeting with PNE Community and Education Trust earlier this week about plans for a fan zone and how the matchday experience could be improved, we're keen to hear your thoughts on both aforementioned topics.

The club and PNECET want to make Deepdale a more inclusive place for all fans to go when we're (hopefully) allowed back from next season. If you could spare a minute or two to fill out the survey by clicking the link below, that would be a huge help to inform decisions moving forward.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Done but ive basically left the inside stadium bit blank. I couldnt care less about half time entertainment as its at that time a group of us discuss the first half events.

As for food and drink ive no need to comment on that too as I dont and never will pay ultra inflated prices within the stadium. Thats not just a criticism of PNE but its true of any venue i go to. I wont play their game.

pneducky

First Team
Done, we really need somewhere for young familys to go and enjoy the match, atmosphere and feel part of the club. As a season ticket holder on the family stand it really needs improving.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Done but ive basically left the inside stadium bit blank. I couldnt care less about half time entertainment as its at that time a group of us discuss the first half events.

As for food and drink ive no need to comment on that too as I dont and never will pay ultra inflated prices within the stadium. Thats not just a criticism of PNE but its true of any venue i go to. I wont play their game.

Jacob Marley :)

JK

Head Honcho
Staff member
Patron
I don't see the point of it myself, it's 15mins.
Just let the school kids play penalties if they want to fill up the time.

You mean you don't want to see North End players trying to kick a ball in a shed again?

Seriously though this is an opertunity to let the club know what fans would want at Deepdale, in terms if a fanzone... although we have been down this route before and where promised one.

This is being done by the education Trust so not sure how much money would.be available bit either way its a chance to tell the club directly just how poor their currently match day engagement with fans actually is.

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron
You mean you don't want to see North End players trying to kick a ball in a shed again?

Seriously though this is an opertunity to let the club know what fans would want at Deepdale, in terms if a fanzone... although we have been down this route before and where promised one.

This is being done by the education Trust so not sure how much money would.be available bit either way its a chance to tell the club directly just how poor their currently match day engagement with fans actually is.
Whatever happened to the Foxy Girls? This was pre-Steve Jackson and the 10's lasses.

Seriously though, crossbar challenge is a classic. On Me Shed Son was funny. Need something like that to keep things interesting. Doesn't take too long and gives time for people to chat about the first half etc. No offence, but I really don't care about the kids doing penalties at the side - don't get me wrong, absolutely keep that going but have something else as well.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
A way for the CET to provide some additional entertainment, for next to no money whilst utilising the local community could be a dance troupe/cheerleaders. Partner with a local dance school, most dancers would jump at the chance to perform in front of thousands of people, a short routine in the centre circle at the start of half time and possibly even welcome the team out at the start of the game too.

Many moons a go I knew a couple of girls who were Wigan Warriors cheerleaders, they had their role on a match day but also they used to perform at other local events. It could be a way of North End to have a presence at the Xmas lights switch on, egg rolling and other events in the city away from football if the PNE dancers were at these events too.

CET gets to promote fitness and exercise in the form of dance and forge community links.
Young dancers get an opportunity to perform in front of crowds.
The club opens up new avenues to get their name out there at events outside of football.

Win-win-win.

york white

Advisor to the Owner
I remember family fun night on a Monday for the reserves. Crowds in the 000s for reserve footy. One night shortly after they relaid the pitch, they had a local dance troupe who, how can I put this politely, had a couple of sturdy lasses in their ranks. The going was on the soft side of good that night and for the rest of the season the patch of pitch in front of the dug out was absolutely ruined.

Keeper1

Forum Patron
Patron
PNE Community and Education Trust & From the Finney - Fan Engagement Survey
Your response has been recorded.

Done, hopefully they take notice. I have commented that getting a fan zone right is crucial, doing it half hearted will only allow people to complain and compare to others.

Get a decent variety of food and ale, face painting for the kids. Not sure what square meterage they could commit to it but get some games in there, penalty taking, life size table football, turn it into a laugh for the young and old pre/match.

Get people around the ground from 12 o’clock and start to build a bit of a buzz. Time will tell whether it achieves anything but we really need to make Deepdale a better all round experience.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Just completed it. I don't rally see how a fan zone would fit in tbh. If it was a different experience in or near the concourse though, it might persuade me to turn up an hour or so before KO.