PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Kop Surfer Flag - The Final (VOTE OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFulwoodEnd

Patron
Aka a bit boring.

I get those who want to follow a simple and traditional design.

I also understand those that wouldnhave gone for a more ultra style flag. Although you could argue that unless a ultra style atmosphere goes alongside it will look a bit silly.

I like the fact you gave the power over to the fans, I like the fact we will have two fantastic flags to show the lashers who it is done.

One thing you can say which ever wins it is far more classier than that pathetic "guess whose back" tea towell they had at Bloomfield Road.

Yourself and the rest of the team deserve huge credit for what you have achieved so far.

Well done.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
When obsession starts to get worrying.....this is a bloke who dresses as a bear every other Saturday.

They really are a bunch of small time clowns !!

Did they not see their own 4 foot by 2 foot flag that said “ Guess who’s back “ - what a complete joke …

I’m sure that Bamber Bridge could do better than that ( no disrespect to Bamber Bridge )
It was embarrassing…..

deepdaledreamer

Patron
So, the 1880 flag has taken an early lead.
Personally, I don't like it all, this is 2022 not 1880 and other clubs, especially the Lashers, already take the piss because we are supposedly always harping on about past glories from over 130 years ago.

I really like the skyline one but on reflection I'm not sure it'd work as a surfer flag.
Agree, went for 3.
Whilst it is obviously important to be proud of our past, however, i think the last 60 years of relative failure have meant we have harked back too much to a time that is part of out heritage but not too relevant - and in some respects is holding us back- to our future.

MBcha

Peter Ridsdale's mobile phone
Staff member
Patron
Agree, went for 3.
Whilst it is obviously important to be proud of our past, however, i think the last 60 years of relative failure have meant we have harked back too much to a time that is part of out heritage but not too relevant - and in some respects is holding us back- to our future.
We look to the past too much so to counter that you've voted for the flag featuring our first ever club crest!? 🤣

deepdaledreamer

Patron
We look to the past too much so to counter that you've voted for the flag featuring our first ever club crest!? 🤣
Not sure that any of our rivals would know that though, whilst they might just think that we live in the past with 1880 emblazoned across it!!
Good with 2 though if its not 3.

Last edited:

Oh Hughie Costello

Club Legend
Maybe we should go for a final vote between the 2 highest, because i think 2 and 3 are splitting the vote!!!
Voting worked well for the Finney flag because people agreed on the concept, just not the finer details. With this, we're almost voting on a concept and then would need to vote on the finer details. The 1880 is too big on number 1. Number 2 needs to be massive to work, with perhaps "Proud Preston" where the badge is, badge removed and the cityscape made bigger. Number 3 needs "Pride of Lancashire" to be the same size as "Preston North End".

Just my opinion but I'm sure that JK and others involved will listen to feedback and the final flag will be decent.

Out of interest how did we get down to these 3 as there were plenty of offerings, maybe I missed something

deepdaledreamer

Patron
Voting worked well for the Finney flag because people agreed on the concept, just not the finer details. With this, we're almost voting on a concept and then would need to vote on the finer details. The 1880 is too big on number 1. Number 2 needs to be massive to work, with perhaps "Proud Preston" where the badge is, badge removed and the cityscape made bigger. Number 3 needs "Pride of Lancashire" to be the same size as "Preston North End".

Just my opinion but I'm sure that JK and others involved will listen to feedback and the final flag will be decent.
Re - Last sentence.
I'm sure it will.

Dreyfuss

Patron
Out of interest how did we get down to these 3 as there were plenty of offerings, maybe I missed something
It's pretty simple actually.

There was gonna be five choices to vote on, all with different themes. Selected by the mods as far as I can gather.

That then became eight choices including three seperate "skyline" iterations for some reason, which were all to be voted on to get a final four.

During that penultimate vote the "team / finney splash" design was leading and it was deemed not suitable for printing; so it got the boot.

Then the idea of a final four was ditched, and it became a final three instead. This eliminated the "#teamslikepreston" design which was in fourth place at the time.

So, we end up with three designs in the current poll. Quick summary version: Vote for Skyline. It's a winner.

its been emotional.

Regardless

-
Patron
Huge respect to the people who've pulled this together.

Honestly, I don't really like any of them... but not don't have anything better to offer.

I went for the skyline... I think it's just a bit different.

Will admit I'm disappointed with the options myself.

We had an opportunity here to do something really different and a unique, there were a few good designs put forward that didn't really gain traction with the fanbase.

I've gone with option 1, with a few tweaks it'll have a decent visual impact.

All that said I'm still incredibly proud that we've pulled this off, brilliant effort all round.
Different how though? I’m not sure how many different variations on a club you can have.

I am asking genuinely I don’t know what different is that doesn’t ask questions as to what the connection to PNEFC is.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Different how though? I’m not sure how many different variations on a club you can have.

I am asking genuinely I don’t know what different is that doesn’t ask questions as to what the connection to PNEFC is.
Like the sheep's skull design in the first vote, I think some people want us to develop some sort of "ultras" image, despite us not really having the culture to go with it.

Ultras flags like to use skulls and other shock/macho imagery - fists and blokes in hoodies and masks (not Covid) looking mean and moody - and to repurpose pop and comic art with football slogans. A minefield for copyvios, and the imagery can get a bit fascistic in some countries too.

But to me it would be a bit forced and inauthentic for us to go down that route with a fan-funded flag, when our underlying fan culture is more about beer tents and parched peas.

I liked the #TeamsLikePreston and piss-take butter pie designs in the first round because they at least had humour, and they said "PNE" more to me than some skull or cartoon with "PNE" written on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.