PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Kop Surfer Flag - The Final (VOTE OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay
Post #76
It’s all about opinions
Which must be respected
Ah, the prawn sandwich! 😂
We seriously couldn't do any photos, nothing wrong with your idea about the montage but the graphics guys themselves say for a larger flag photos wouldn't work. I can image getting someone to turn all the photos into graphics images would be a huge task. Also, time wasn't on our side.

Regarding the imagery on the flags as @LostinSpace mentions they will be sent through to the professinals for thier input.

I personally agree about the 1880 flag and think the text does need to be bolder.

Ah, the prawn sandwich! 😂
We seriously couldn't do any photos, nothing wrong with your idea about the montage but the graphics guys themselves say for a larger flag photos wouldn't work. I can image getting someone to turn all the photos into graphics images would be a huge task. Also, time wasn't on our side.
Fair point
And idea doesn’t always transmit to be a practical option
What I do like a lot about all three is the resistance to use players and managers which will always be moments in time

Will admit I'm disappointed with the options myself.

We had an opportunity here to do something really different and a unique, there were a few good designs put forward that didn't really gain traction with the fanbase.

I've gone with option 1, with a few tweaks it'll have a decent visual impact.

All that said I'm still incredibly proud that we've pulled this off, brilliant effort all round.

When I knocked up the first 1880 flag it was a quick 2 min proof of concept - think the yellow and blue borders added in make it much stronger. I think you could also change the font / give the 1880 more of a stylised/weathered look (I went for the first font I had to hand). Placement of the badge leading into the 1880 was intentional to tie it all together, but would be interested to see what it would look like with the spacing.

Could also play with a stylised crest, bring out the PP more.

Not precious about the design, so all the comments on it fair game! Especially if a pro designer can elevate it.

I would have liked Deepdale to be at the centre of the skyline for design 2 so just on that design one edged it for me.

Gone for option 2, as I think that's the best design. However, it would be better as a huge 100ft by 40ft one that covers most of the Town End - but we'll get that one next season.

Will admit I'm disappointed with the options myself.

We had an opportunity here to do something really different and a unique, there were a few good designs put forward that didn't really gain traction with the fanbase.

I've gone with option 1, with a few tweaks it'll have a decent visual impact.

All that said I'm still incredibly proud that we've pulled this off, brilliant effort all round.

I guess that collectively PNE fans are a conservative bunch with tradition at heart. 😊

Aka a bit boring.
I liked the idea of an ultra inspired design but I couldn't think of anything to beat your skull design. The problem we have is that lambs and aggression don't exactly go hand in hand. :)

When obsession starts to get worrying.....this is a bloke who dresses as a bear every other Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.