PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Kop Surfer Flag - The Final (VOTE OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the sheep's skull design in the first vote, I think some people want us to develop some sort of "ultras" image, despite us not really having the culture to go with it.

Ultras flags like to use skulls and other shock/macho imagery - fists and blokes in hoodies and masks (not Covid) looking mean and moody - and to repurpose pop and comic art with football slogans. A minefield for copyvios, and the imagery can get a bit fascistic in some countries too.

But to me it would be a bit forced and inauthentic for us to go down that route with a fan-funded flag, when our underlying fan culture is more about beer tents and parched peas.

I liked the #TeamsLikePreston and piss-take butter pie designs in the first round because they at least had humour, and they said "PNE" more to me than some skull or cartoon with "PNE" written on it.
Thank you for that. The skull was of a ram with more connections to Derby County than us, I really don’t understand it. The only ultras I see are the ultra stupid we are a football club following a sport, if it’s aggression they need, join the flippin armed forces.

i agree about the teams like Preston I liked that too, and the butter pie one as well I see the connection with those and I would rather go down the humour route than the one that brings back the dark days of fighting at every game. Life has been hard enough over the past couple of years and then with the Russia and Ukraine sagas we need to be lightening up not going darker.

UPDATE

Across all platforms Design 2 - Proud Preston is slightly ahead of Design 1 - 1880 with Design 3 trailing behind.

2 Hours to go to vote for your winner.

I fear the graphics on flag 2, the mock Preston Skyline will not be very clear when viewed from across the ground.

I fear the graphics on flag 2, the mock Preston Skyline will not be very clear when viewed from across the ground.

Should this design win we will work with the professionals at our manufacturer to make sure it has the best possible impact.

Totally agree and the lashers will have a field day saying that we pinched it from their shirt sponsors

Didn't know that visit Blackpool had the rights over skyline images... besides who really gives a toss what they think.

They have a flag of a grim reaper over a lamb 😅

Totally agree and the lashers will have a field day saying that we pinched it from their shirt sponsors
Who cares what those empty headed, orange wearing fools think. Who would want to pinch anything remotely connected with them, bloody hell the only thing they are expert at is flattering themselves. If only they could see themselves as others see them, they would express no opinion and hope people would forget all about them AGAIN,

With an hour to go we have had over 700 votes across all platforms.

Keep them coming.

As mentioned above forum users can exclusively change thier vote if they wish.

I have voted for the 1880 flag

** But please can you change the font used for the digits (numbers)

While the poll on here is quite close, the Twitter one has over 500 votes and Design #2 is currently out in front:

not keen on the skyline design so just changed my vote also from my prefered design which is way behind now.

What I would suggest is blocking any Lasher twat on Twitter who insists on replying to all the PNE Online tweets with their inane shite.

Voting closed.. thanks to everyone who has taken part.

The votes across all platforms will be totted up and results announced later.

Like the sheep's skull design in the first vote, I think some people want us to develop some sort of "ultras" image, despite us not really having the culture to go with it.

Ultras flags like to use skulls and other shock/macho imagery - fists and blokes in hoodies and masks (not Covid) looking mean and moody - and to repurpose pop and comic art with football slogans. A minefield for copyvios, and the imagery can get a bit fascistic in some countries too.

But to me it would be a bit forced and inauthentic for us to go down that route with a fan-funded flag, when our underlying fan culture is more about beer tents and parched peas.

I liked the #TeamsLikePreston and piss-take butter pie designs in the first round because they at least had humour, and they said "PNE" more to me than some skull or cartoon with "PNE" written on it.
Agree with that. I voted for #TeamsLikePreston in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.