PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE-Online and Mental Health

Just an update people, had, well.. Still having a bit of a shed collapse and the other week was in a frightening and scary world, had lots of support on here and messages which helped enormously. Best thing was i told people at home and work etc and went to doctors. Felt so much better getting it off my chest. Have been on citalopram for about two weeks now, think they are kicking in as feel a tad better. Basically I'm saying that if you are feeling down, not just fed up, theres a distinct difference, please tell someone rather than hold it in. Thanks again to you all. 👍
Citalopram take a minimum of six weeks to properly get in your system. The higher dose age you take the more they effect you when you stop taking them, so don’t just stop taking them suddenly 😁

I’m on them at the moment, very low dose. In the past I’ve been in three or four times the dose. Nothing to be ashamed of all the best people take them 😉

Just an update people, had, well.. Still having a bit of a shed collapse and the other week was in a frightening and scary world, had lots of support on here and messages which helped enormously. Best thing was i told people at home and work etc and went to doctors. Felt so much better getting it off my chest. Have been on citalopram for about two weeks now, think they are kicking in as feel a tad better. Basically I'm saying that if you are feeling down, not just fed up, theres a distinct difference, please tell someone rather than hold it in. Thanks again to you all. 👍
I've taken Citalopram on and off for years, it helps in my experience but I'd also advise taking breaks. Hope you're keeping well.

Is he a grandad yet?
Yeah he posted just before disappearing so think it’s hopefully a combination of both things keeping him, occupied. Cheers @Ando60 for the update also, glad to hear as I’d asked after him the other day so glad he is ok

Quick one before i go to work. Had a massive relapse yesterday afternoon, basically its the weather that does me and it pissed it down, our roofs leaked for ages and we spent a lot of money having it sorted. Went in loft yesterday and its stil leaking in.... Queue meltdown.... I went to pieces. Bloody stupid i know, rang roofer and he said he would come today. Not his fault, must be a tricky issue.
I spent last night writing pages in my diary which was quite cathartic then started reading a book on Anxiety and how to deal with it.
Not really slept as feel on edge.
So just off to work now and its bloody raining 😩😩😩
This is getting ridiculous.

Quick one before i go to work. Had a massive relapse yesterday afternoon, basically its the weather that does me and it pissed it down, our roofs leaked for ages and we spent a lot of money having it sorted. Went in loft yesterday and its stil leaking in.... Queue meltdown.... I went to pieces. Bloody stupid i know, rang roofer and he said he would come today. Not his fault, must be a tricky issue.
I spent last night writing pages in my diary which was quite cathartic then started reading a book on Anxiety and how to deal with it.
Look after yourself. You'll get on top of this. You did what you needed to do so that's a good start

You've already overcome the most difficult part pal, which is simply opening up and talking, so make sure you keep doing so.

You sound like you're now on top of the leak, in terms of getting it fixed, so give yourself credit for that also.

Even though we all bicker and disagree at times (I'm as guilty as anyone on that), it really is true that we don't know what folk are going through, behind the screens and closed doors.

Great thread this, and adding some real value (y).

I felt like a proper charlie going to the chemists to pick them up, but now I'm ok about it, they are for all manner of emotional traumas like bereavement and loss etc not just people in my position.
I know i will be on them a while but thats how they work and if they help thats fine.
Can see how people take to alcohol etc or just panic and self harm, bloody scary out of nowhere situation i was in. Imagine being scared of roller-coasters and you fall asleep and someone kidnaps you, you wake up tied into the front carriage of the big one as it leaves the station to go up the big hill.... That panic was how i was... Horrible.. Not the best analogy but you get the idea.
Hi Beagle, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I've suffered clinical depression & major OCD for 48 years, but through the doctors & then psychiatrists I was put on various Ssri's & Central nervous system depressant medications, this has helped me manage my condition over the years. There's been lots of excellent new medications over the last 25 years, they are totally safe (with the odd minor side effects).
I strongly recommend anyone who is struggling atm seeing their doctor, it is a bit of a taboo subject, but it is an illness, and also a disability if severe enough, but mental health problems are treatable, they are also Normal. Many, many people suffer mental health problems but seem to just live with them. Talking to anyone willing to listen also helps (it's a kind of psychotherapy), but if the problem impacts on everyday life, then help should be sought. This forum & other ones are excellent therapy & probably are a lifeline to some fighting it themselves. Help is on hand and available, phoning your GP will start the ball rolling.
I'm just glad that I made that first step all those years ago. COYW 👍.

Hi Beagle, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I've suffered clinical depression & major OCD for 48 years, but through the doctors & then psychiatrists I was put on various Ssri's & Central nervous system depressant medications, this has helped me manage my condition over the years. There's been lots of excellent new medications over the last 25 years, they are totally safe (with the odd minor side effects).
I strongly recommend anyone who is struggling atm seeing their doctor, it is a bit of a taboo subject, but it is an illness, and also a disability if severe enough, but mental health problems are treatable, they are also Normal. Many, many people suffer mental health problems but seem to just live with them. Talking to anyone willing to listen also helps (it's a kind of psychotherapy), but if the problem impacts on everyday life, then help should be sought. This forum & other ones are excellent therapy & probably are a lifeline to some fighting it themselves. Help is on hand and available, phoning your GP will start the ball rolling.
I'm just glad that I made that first step all those years ago. COYW 👍.
Hey... Sorry for late reply.
I got a book Free yourself from Anxiety.
Its a bloody eye opener... Full of stuff thats me down to a t.
Citalopram is up to 20mg per day but apparently thats a low dose.
When I'm fine you would have no idea of my issues, genuinely I'm perfectly ok.
This winter time, dark nights, bad weather just crushes me, i long for feb / march when the lighter nights start, its like a switch being turned off.... April to sept i am fine..... I dread the clocks going back... Its absolutely stupid i know but i never asked for this, anyway.. Cheers for taking an interest. Hope you are ok too.

Hey... Sorry for late reply.
I got a book Free yourself from Anxiety.
Its a bloody eye opener... Full of stuff thats me down to a t.
Citalopram is up to 20mg per day but apparently thats a low dose.
When I'm fine you would have no idea of my issues, genuinely I'm perfectly ok.
This winter time, dark nights, bad weather just crushes me, i long for feb / march when the lighter nights start, its like a switch being turned off.... April to sept i am fine..... I dread the clocks going back... Its absolutely stupid i know but i never asked for this, anyway.. Cheers for taking an interest. Hope you are ok too.
Yes, 20mg is low. If issues persist, you can go higher. Seasonal depression is real and terrifying. I don't get it myself but do feel better in the summer of course, but I've witnessed it first hand.

That's exactly how depression works, and why it's key to take it seriously. One trigger is all it takes to set it off, and seasonal depression makes it so much worse. However, the winter solstice is coming, and after that it gets better.

Good luck with your battle against depression, you'll win.

Apparently I have anxiety... But it bloody depresses me!
Never ever bothered me till last few years then boom.... Hit me like a train, wish i was scared of snakes or spiders instead, this is just shite and so difficult to explain or justify to people. Its a stomach churning nightmare from morning till night, if you were bullied at school and you bumped into the bully, its that blind stomach cramping panic that kicks in... Bloody hate it. I hope to get better asap... Will do better with all your support and messages of good will. Cheers pal.