PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED PNE Supporters Meeting Minutes - 16/11/22 (Response to open letter).

Well I've only read a bit of it and it seems that PR and CH are effectively saying that RL was happy and all decisions are ok by him... Will read tonight after work.

Appreciate everyone's efforts to conduct the meeting but these minutes just highlight the lack of vision the club has.

A football club owner should be willing to spend money on infrastructure whether it be a top quality academy or a fan zone for fans. If they aren't willing to invest in improvements that don't affect FFP, then they simply shouldn't own a championship football club imho.

Blackburn's Category One academy currently costs them £2m a year with grants on top. (Supposedly rising to 2.15m in 23/24 and 2.4m in 24/25) So, I'm interested to know why a Category Two academy would somehow cost us £2m according to the minutes. I assume north end are combining owner investment and grants to get to that sum.

The ongoing saga about the fanzone is quite laughable but very apt. We aspire for a fanzone. We aspire for a Cat 2 academy. We aspire for promotion to the premiership. But the billionaire family will NOT do any investment to make those a reality anytime soon.

Appreciate everyone's efforts to conduct the meeting but these minutes just highlight the lack of vision the club has.

A football club owner should be willing to spend money on infrastructure whether it be a top quality academy or a fan zone for fans. If they aren't willing to invest in improvements that don't affect FFP, then they simply shouldn't own a championship football club imho.

Blackburn's Category One academy currently costs them £2m a year with grants on top. (Supposedly rising to 2.15m in 23/24 and 2.4m in 24/25) So, I'm interested to know why a Category Two academy would somehow cost us £2m according to the minutes. I assume north end are combining owner investment and grants to get to that sum.

The ongoing saga about the fanzone is quite laughable but very apt. We aspire for a fanzone. We aspire for a Cat 2 academy. We aspire for promotion to the premiership. But the billionaire family will NOT do any investment to make those a reality anytime soon.
Spot on. There are contradictions in the clubs strategy. They want to do lots of things without actually producing them. There is a culture within the club that is resistant to ideas that benefit the club, particularly from the fans prospective. Many of us feel we are banging our head against a brick wall

A lot of excuses and "empathy" not much tangible actions that club will take forward from that I suspect - something more radical is needed from the club's administration in how they conduct themselves.

Hats off to those who attended this meeting, but pinning Peter Ridsdale down is like nailing jelly to a wall.

There's very little (if any) acknowledgement that they're doing anything wrong and no indication that they plan to do anything differently.

Not only is there no new strategy outlined, there's no coherent existing strategy either; just more fumbling around in the dark.

For a bloke who revels in being 'in charge', he's not keen on accepting responsibility.

Instead it's 'the manager/ the former manager/ the EFL/ FFB/ the council/ Uncle Trev/ Covid/ the caterers/ lower league managers/ anybody else but not me, Guv.'

As expected, he's got an answer for everything and it's laugh-out-loud funny how many times his comments are quoted in the minutes as 'PR explained, PR reiterated, etc' like he was making statements of unquestionable truth. :rolleyes:

They think patronising words and disingenuous 'explaining' are enough to fob the fans off; 'no further action required.'

They'll even try to twist this meeting as part of their fan communication requirements, so they don't have to face 'the plebs' again anytime soon.

In a sane world, the next steps would be get the club to agree a set of measureable outcomes within a set timeframe.

In such a sane world, the club would act on suggestions from supporters who are trying to help them revive a failing business that is costing them millions to keep afloat.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

And yet here we are. 'Peter' knows best. Nothing to see here. Move along. :sneaky:

Good effort by all involved on the fans' side, but a predictably depressing outcome. :(

Ridsdale out.

Well done to all involved, it is certainly a step forward. One thing I notice is there wasn't much discussion about the Hemmings family long term plans for ownership. Based on a lot of comments on here, I thought this would have been a key topic.

Nothing has changed in that regard.

The club is open to offers (as all clubs are) and should the right people, with the relevant funds to move us on a level they will look at it.

I don't see the ownership changing any time soon.

The club is open to offers (as all clubs are) and should the right people, with the relevant funds to move us on a level they will look at it.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess it's reassuring to know they don't seem desperate to sell.

To add to what JK is saying. They are quite happy with everything that is going on and as you can read, don’t see a need for a change in direction on many issues.
Time will ultimately be the judge.

Thank you for this.

It looks like you gave it a real go and tried to get somewhere.

However, the lack of vision and strategy is still obvious and one of the reasons you put the letter in

Looks like they still don't "get it" about Ingol - this myth they are peddling about the housing being built first is strange.

It's almost like they have re written history.

Also if its true that Alex Neil wanted to extend Josh Harrops contract... well.

The comment from Craig Hemmings re the academy that 'where is the money coming from' suppose sums up their lack of vision.

Strikes me that they just hope to "do a Blackpool" and fluke it one season.

Would be nice to also have one with RL there. Felt a lot like PR passing the buck onto Ryan Lowe in terms of long term contracts, signings etc.

Would have also been nice to have RL's opinion on whether short term signings like Woodburn, Brady (great signing but not longer term planning), expiring contributions were completely down to him and if he was completely in charge of transfers then what future proofing is being done.

I'm sure the Captain of the Titanic was pleased with how things were going, right up to the second he ploughed into an iceberg.

Having read that, it's apparent to me that the club don't share the fans concerns. Worse still, instead of holding their hands up and saying "look, we dropped a bollock here, and we're working to put it right" they blame:

1. The current manager;
2. The former manager;
3. The current caterer (despite food having been shite on the concourse for as long as I can remember);
4. The council;
5. COVID (despite the rot having set in well before March 2020);
6. League funding;
7. There only being one right back available to us in the whole wide world (who was, unfortunately, injured);
8. The pricing of season tickets and how we didn't make any extra cash.

There are probably some others but I lost the will to live. I appreciate everyone who gave up their time to give the club a chance to do the decent / honest thing for once.

Sounds like “ we know where we can improve but we wound like the next owners to pay for it “

We’ll just steady the ship until such time