PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED PNE Supporters Meeting Minutes - 16/11/22 (Response to open letter).

Fair play to all those involved in the meeting.

I honestly couldn't be bothered to sit there & hear the same old stuff from PR & co.

Basically they are happy, everything is fine so pay your money, sit down & shut up.

The only thing missing in all of that is the reminder we've paid the taxman.

In terms of the redisitrubtion of Premier League money.

Estimates are it would increase to about £22 million for a club like ours and then a team coming down from the Premier League would get about £30 million.

The fans told them we will be believe it when we see it.
Even if it happened, the fact every other team would also get it means it doesn't really benefit us surely. It would just drive player prices and wages up and we'd be in the same situation? Even with controls in place, I don't see how it makes us more competitive?

They where adamant that there is a strategy and was challenged to explain it on several occasions.

I didn't leave that meeting convinced that is the case.
I must admit I thought the main point of the meeting was to hear what the strategy actually is, so was quite surprised to see nothing of note in the minutes.

It’s all laughable, but that line about 6 youngsters making their debut proper made me chortle, they’ve played 5 minutes of football combined yet he’s describing it as if it’s a positive for our academy

Can’t be many clubs with less youngster in the squad than us
Thought exactly the same. Talk about spinning numbers to sound positive.

Name one breakthrough youngster in the last 10/15 years. Brownhill - did we even get a fee?

If this is what our strategy is based on, as it was alluded to. PR, my man, I think we may need a rethink.

In terms of the redisitrubtion of Premier League money.

Estimates are it would increase to about £22 million for a club like ours and then a team coming down from the Premier League would get about £30 million.

The fans told them we will be believe it when we see it.
Surely that’s not £22m per annum? Looks more like the number that would be expected over three years, I know that another championship club is working in the basis of an extra £2m-£3m per annum in terms of EPL funding (which would amount to roughly £22m over three years in total given the current funding of circa £4.8m per annum).

If anyone believes that the club will suddenly be receiving £22m p.a from the EPL they are going to be very disappointed. Any increase will be irrelevant anyway if we are in League One.

Thought exactly the same. Talk about spinning numbers to sound positive.

Name one breakthrough youngster in the last 10/15 years. Brownhill - did we even get a fee?

If this is what our strategy is based on, as it was alluded to. PR, my man, I think we may need a rethink.
@Dreyfuss has a full list

Wonder if Ridders has read all these comments yet and seen how little this exercise has satisfied the fans (not that the club gives a shit obviously).
Kudos to all involved from the fans side who attended, thanks for your efforts.
As for the club...

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Why the absence of RL?

He's quoted by PR & CH as being "happy" with certain situations (i.e. RWB) so if he is we should hear it from the horses mouth & if that is the case he should be questioned by the fans on his sanity.

@Dreyfuss has a full list
I sure do. :) Youth players who have started at least one league game. This list should have been handed to Hemmings and Riddler.

Absolute disgrace they can suggest our youth development strategy is working. The only one to start in last nine seasons, we paid off to leave.

2022/23
2021/22
2020/21
2019/20
2018/19
2017/18 Josh Earl
2016/17
2015/16
2014/15
2013/14 Browne, Brownhill
2012/13 Davies
2011/12 Wright, Proctor, Hayhurst, Clark, Middleton
2010/11 McLaughlin, Devine, Leather, Miller
2009/10 Mayor, Barton

I sure do. :) Youth players who have started at least one league game. This list should have been handed to Hemmings and Riddler.

Absolute disgrace they can suggest our youth development strategy is working. The only one to start in last nine seasons, we paid off to leave.

2022/23
2021/22
2020/21
2019/20
2018/19
2017/18 Josh Earl
2016/17
2015/16
2014/15
2012/13 Davies
2009/10 Mayor, Barton

It's a great pity that wasn't available to the fans at the meeting & put to PR to see what spin he would put on it.

Depressing reading.

So basically, "There is no chance of us putting more money in, or finding outside investment, and in any case, due to FFP, neither of those could happen anyway".

But am I right in thinking that funds invested in youth development don't count towards FFP?

Why the absence of RL?

He's quoted by PR & CH as being "happy" with certain situations (i.e. RWB) so if he is we should hear it from the horses mouth & if that is the case he should be questioned by the fans on his sanity.

He was in Dubai

2022/23
2021/22
2020/21
2019/20
2018/19
2017/18 Josh Earl
2016/17
2015/16
2014/15
2012/13 Davies
2009/10 Mayor, Barton
Wow what an utter disgrace.

When you, who are (I think) close to the club feel this way, it really is depressing. Next season's sales of season cards is going to be very VERY interesting.
They will probably spin it as having only FULL price season cards with new Ambassador deals. Only striker likely to be from RMT or NUS. Can't see them getting more than 7/8k sold.