PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Coventry City - 04/11/23 - KO:3PM - Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter JK
  • Start date Start date
Dear Ryan .
I know our team has had a woeful track record against Preston in the last few years, it I think I know a good way to keep your record….

Please play your 2nd eleven as you have recently.
The tenacious but ineffective Ryan Ledson would be a good test for my side short on confidence. He does have a commanding presence in midfield and excellent set piece play. Those floated passes into the box are a treat to behold.
And if the game stays tight please bring on Brady (if he hasn’t already started) and Ben Woodburn. I know they have been clamouring for a place - but they really can be quite influential in turning games around. Trust me in this.

Best
Mark Robins.

Definitely the lowest home crowd of the season (so far) today. Still loads of green showing when usually it's just the end blocks of the Finney by matchday. I really hope we kickstart the season with a win today. I want Lowe to succeed, I love his passion and attempts to connect with fans, but I cannot watch many more games like the last 7 (Southampton excepted). It looks like the walk ons have already lost faith.

Dear Mark,
Many thanks for the message. Brady and Woodburn are obviously on my shortlist for today as they have been excellent in recent matches. As we are the home team I will set up defensively as it is important that we stop our recent run of results. My initial thoughts are of a 5-4-1 formation with a recognised striker coming on for the last half hour. Hope this helps.
Good luck
Ryan

Millar and Best up against Van Ewijk and Sakamoto has the potential to be a tough watch

My thoughts exactly, we need a win desperately and I don’t care how we get it.
We'll get it by playing, free, fast, attacking football, always looking to get on the front foot, playing the high press and no sitting off and utilising our more flair players 🤐🤐🤐

Hughes at the left of the defence, either Whiteman or Ledson in central midfield but not both, a strike partnership of Osmajic and ideally Keane upfront - those are key things we need.