PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Ipswich Town - 19/07/23 - KO:7PM - Friendly

Imagine us being able to tweet this after a friendly... What I wouldn't give for us just to have five strikers right now!

Is it just me that finds playing a friendly against a team in the same division a bit odd?

Logically it makes sense given they're ''at our level'' for the forthcoming campaign, but it just never seems like the done thing.

Is it just me that finds playing a friendly against a team in the same division a bit odd?

Logically it makes sense given they're ''at our level'' for the forthcoming campaign, but it just never seems like the done thing.
Boro are playing Rotherham today

I think it’ll be more common as more prem teams go on these stupid competitions in China, Saudi, USA etc, because it’ll be harder to organise friendlies against them for championship club so you’ve got to play the highest quality you can get

Nope.

It is a very odd for it to be played as a fan attended paid fixture.

Did anyone work out if Ipswich where passing through for another fixture/tour match.

Surely they are not travelling up just to play us?

Nope.

It is a very odd for it to be played as a fan attended paid fixture.

Did anyone work out if Ipswich where passing through for another fixture/tour match.

Surely they are not travelling up just to play us?

I had a look at that, they've been away to Austria for a training camp prior to this, then they're heading back more to their neck of the woods for friendlies with Cambridge & Stevenage at the weekend after they've got this game out of the way.

Very odd inclusion for them coming up to us.

Boro are playing Rotherham today

I think it’ll be more common as more prem teams go on these stupid competitions in China, Saudi, USA etc, because it’ll be harder to organise friendlies against them for championship club so you’ve got to play the highest quality you can get

Good point that.

Like you say, may become more normalised as the Premiership chases more and more money.

If you can't see a problem with dicking a team 27-0 then I can't really help you.
We don't even let children's teams do that to each other.
Ribbleton Avenue Youth 1. Ribbleton Meths 36 Churches League Div 2 1967.. half time 18:nil.. venue Grange Park . Conditions : mud, mud and more mud … I was in goals for the first half ..we had ten people ( couldnt really call us players it was our first season ) I blame my performance ( woeful) on being bitten by a dog on Ribbleton Hall Drive on the way to the game , an incident in which I also lost my football boots and socks. I played the entire game in a pair of suede shoes . That seasons results ..played 22. Lost 21 ..drew one … next season finished mid table season after did the double League two Champs and Timmons Cup .. only difference between the seasons ..we got a goalkeeper…

They have a training camp there. Go on explain who the 27-0 drubbing helped please.
Its a friendly match with a Bavarian lower league football club that happens every so often. As I said, it's akin to us playing Bamber bridge. Why the fuck are you so excited about it? 😂