PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Ipswich Town - 19/07/23 - KO:7PM - Friendly

First time we ever played Bournemouth in the league - 28 September 1974 - won 5-2 and I think Bournemouth were reduced to 9 men.
i was there but not sure I remember too much.... would have guessed score at 4-2. but remember singing on the cop...'in the Bournemouth slums....'
not sure how many of us had actually been to bournemouth?

He mentioned him in the Lancs.Live write-up:

"Robbie had a tight calf, so we left him out as a precaution. We will check that out and see where he's at."

Last time Brady had a tight calf was Xmas. Lowe was quoted on Dec 23rd saying "Robbie (Brady) has had a tight calf in the last few weeks." Brady missed all the games between Dec 10th and Jan 7th.

I did and I'm sure i remember us playing at home in the red and black striped shirt when Bobby was playing.
Here's some footage of Bobby Charlton in the red and black stripes, away at Huddersfield. What does Morley think he’s doing, running forward with the ball, committing defenders? Take note RL, present day PNE.

Brad Potts look alike ( no disrespect)to her not to him ) just scored for New Zealand .. absolutely fantastic .. had to put that out because the bias against football in Australia and Nee Zealand is maddening . Wilkinson is a star !!

The rational for most contract extensions seems to be if we got rid of a Brady or Cunningham etc etc we'd only afford replacements who are also crocks. So may as well sign the crocks we know.

Thing is though, as squad rotation players, they're experienced and cheap so I've no problem with them re-signing. The issue is not signing the 6 or 7 first team players we need to be regular starters

Here's some footage of Bobby Charlton in the red and black stripes, away at Huddersfield. What does Morley think he’s doing, running forward with the ball, committing defenders? Take note RL, present day PNE.

Thanks for the footage . At the end it lead me to 15 minutes of this classic from the Tommy Doc era .Not the best watch... But some great memories & some moments of Brucey magic

First time we ever played Bournemouth in the league - 28 September 1974 - won 5-2 and I think Bournemouth were reduced to 9 men.
If I remember correctly, we were losing 1-2 and were given a penalty. One of their players disputed the referee’s decision and was sent off. After we scored from the penalty another Bournemouth player argued with the referee and was also sent off. We finished 5-2.

Wasn't that more to do with Alvaro's form than any lack of fitness?
Yeah, alongside the niggling injuries there was also the crapness.

His contribution to the run-in was replacing Fernandez v Millwall because Lowe was worried he might get kicked (instead we did), and 45 minutes v Swansea where he gifted them the clinching goal.

After that it was over-and-out from Robbie, nowhere to be seen for the last 3 games.

Well worth 2 more years.

Rob Kelly in charge by end of Sept ??

We play Rovers at Ewood on November 11.

Doubt Ridsdale will sack him before then (as he loves a human shield) and Lowe will be using the Ched/Riis injuries as cover for the first part of the season.

But 5,000 Nobbers making their feelings known will probably push even the dinosaur into action ahead of the international break.

Hope I'm wrong and that we're pushing for the play-offs, but after nearly 50 years behind the PNE flag, you get a gut feeling about relegation seasons.

And this reeks of one. :(