PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Ipswich Town - 19/07/23 - KO:7PM - Friendly

If I remember correctly, we were losing 1-2 and were given a penalty. One of their players disputed the referee’s decision and was sent off. After we scored from the penalty another Bournemouth player argued with the referee and was also sent off. We finished 5-2.
Pretty sure I was there. Can’t remember much about it. Bobby Charlton scored the penalty.

Last time Brady had a tight calf was Xmas. Lowe was quoted on Dec 23rd saying "Robbie (Brady) has had a tight calf in the last few weeks." Brady missed all the games between Dec 10th and Jan 7th.

So he likes Christmas off and isn't too keen on pre-season at his age. :sneaky:

In a sane world, how he got that two-year deal would be a total mystery.

With the current half-wits in charge, it's par for the course. :(

I despair for anyone coming to North End to try and play the number 10 role.

It’s the same reason Johnson was so inconsistent, hard to be a number 10 when the ball is sent flying over your head 8/10 times, or having to be picked up by dispossessing players in your own half.
Why are players called 10's and 8's wing backs etc? What is wrong with inside left/right, fullback, wingers and centre forward?

Why are players called 10's and 8's wing backs etc? What is wrong with inside left/right, fullback, wingers and centre forward?

It's not 1876, nobody knows what an inside left is.

Serious answer, roles and positions change over time, and people want to use terminology that is more accurate and differentiates better?

Reactions: OB1
We play Rovers at Ewood on November 11.

Doubt Ridsdale will sack him before then (as he loves a human shield) and Lowe will be using the Ched/Riis injuries as cover for the first part of the season.

But 5,000 Nobbers making their feelings known will probably push even the dinosaur into action ahead of the international break.

Hope I'm wrong and that we're pushing for the play-offs, but after nearly 50 years behind the PNE flag, you get a gut feeling about relegation seasons.

And this reeks of one. :(

Just a shame no one can push Craig into action to push the dinosaur.

Doesn't change the position though. A centre forward is a centre forward.

But a wingback is neither a winger nor a fullback, that's the point. And a 4, 6, 8 or a 10 more accurately describes the role someone plays in midfield than 'centre midfielder'. Be it a Pirlo, a Makelele, a Gerrard or a Ronaldinho.

And then even with a 'centre forward', you have variations in the role they're playing. People like accurate descriptors, not vague ones, ultimately.

Reactions: OB1
But a wingback is neither a winger nor a fullback, that's the point. And a 4, 6, 8 or a 10 more accurately describes the role someone plays in midfield than 'centre midfielder'. Be it a Pirlo, a Makelele, a Gerrard or a Ronaldinho.

And then even with a 'centre forward', you have variations in the role they're playing. People like accurate descriptors, not vague ones, ultimately.
So in Celsea, Man City case what is a 307?

Serious answer, roles and positions change over time, and people want to use terminology that is more accurate and differentiates better?
I was about to say the same haha...some people need to get with the times

As an Ipswich fan we played 2 youths at cb in last 10 mins midfielders at lb and Rb I’d be more surprised if he hadn’t !!! I think it was 4 or 5 of our youths debuts for the first team today not a bad game though
Not when Felipe scored you didn’t 😉

If you want to play the “out of position” and “youth players” game I think we’ve got you beat there…

yes football evolves whatever happened to the old christmas tree formation that el tel loved, soon went out of vogue