PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Ipswich Town - 19/07/23 - KO:7PM - Friendly

Just watched the highlights, God help us.
To be fair I didn’t watch the game but saw the highlights and we had the goal, Felipe had one blocked off the line and so did Browne and Lindsay. Woodburn had a great effort saved and Felipe had a goal disallowed.

It didn’t look as bad as made out on here.

To be fair I didn’t watch the game but saw the highlights and we had the goal, Felipe had one blocked off the line and so did Browne and Lindsay. Woodburn had a great effort saved and Felipe had a goal disallowed.

As someone that watched it from start to finish, it was quite literally as bad as everyone said

I think it was very bad, the bloody tide turns quicker than Lyndsey. And anyone defending that defence and midfield know nothing about football.

The highlights take away the huge amount of domination Ipswich had before our substitutions. We couldn’t keep the ball

Why are players called 10's and 8's wing backs etc? What is wrong with inside left/right, fullback, wingers and centre forward?

Because full backs aren’t wing backs and centre forwards aren’t number 10’s, 8’s fair enough.

Same reason a toilet isn’t a brick shit house, they’ve changed.

First half was awful to watch, Ipswich totally outplayed us, frighteningly poor up front with nothing much to bring on, fair play to the kids again who really made a fist of it and were unlucky not to have got us a draw.
Big shout to Mawene who worked his socks off and for me was our best player on the night. Great corners from Best who looks to have a pearler of a left foot on him. I Left the ground genuinely concerned about the forthcoming season with such a poor performance from the seniors.

Sounds like my decision to not get involved with the club this season is a wise one.
Just not up to sitting through shite on the pitch then trudging back to the car, listening to radio lancs and how well other teams have done then the wife asking "did they lose again?" Then the weekend ruined cos of a football result...nah...had enough of it. I am surely not alone in my dispondensy.