PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Reading - 10/04/23 - KO:15:00 - Championship

He was at the game watching if I remember correctly? Didn't their manager get potted immediately after the game and it transpired that Ince was there?

Paunovic was the guy before Ince. Wasn't he canned the day before the game against us but agreed to oversee the game and prepare the team?

off the back of the last 2 games, Onomah needs to be given a longer contract, hopefully theres some sort of agreement that we get first option before other clubs come in and try to take him
Well seeing as how we have got him fit and playing I guess he owes us a year.

Just a thought but when a long throw is coming into the area shouldn't we have someone on the back post precisely to deal with the sort of near post flick-on they got today.
Plus we should be having a go in their half? We seem to wait until they are well into our half before we make any sort of challenge, but hey what do I know? I’m the most excited I’ve been all season.

He was at the game watching if I remember correctly? Didn't their manager get potted immediately after the game and it transpired that Ince was there?
He was. Everyone just thought he was watching his son and Garry Monk was taking over because he was there too

Credit where credit is due, thought we thoroughly deserved to win the game yesterday.

Still can't quite believe where we are TBH but it's game on now for the Play Offs.

All games are important obviously but the away games will be pivotal.

Credit where credit is due, thought we thoroughly deserved to win the game yesterday.

Still can't quite believe where we are TBH but it's game on now for the Play Offs.

All games are important obviously but the away games will be pivotal.
As @California_PNE said we have to fear no one. Aye Millwall away Swansea Sheff United will be difficult but if you want to make top 6 you are having to get 6 points from few of these. Nice just to be within a chance of getting up there than 11th place doing nothing until end of season.

Inces interview after the game was an abomination even by his low standards. Threw the whole team under the bus while blowing his own trumpet. Hate jazz
Any link to it? Can’t believe he actually went out there to do the interview whilst the Town End was still half full.

Did anyone else hear the Lasher message on post match Radio Lancs.
Lasher: just need 6 points to catch Reading.
Presenter: You actually have to catch Cardiff.
Or words to that effect.
Thick or what?

Yeah well thick.

Think the lasher said ‘next weekend we have Wigan and reading have Burnley so will probably only need 4 points to catch reading’ until the presenter mentioned that reading are in the relegation zone.

What the lasher also seemed to forget was that Blackpool only picked up winning draws v Huddersfield and Rotherham and got battered v Cardiff. Hopefully Wigan smash them so they finish bottom.

Did anyone else hear the Lasher message on post match Radio Lancs.
Lasher: just need 6 points to catch Reading.
Presenter: You actually have to catch Cardiff.
Or words to that effect.
Thick or what?
I heard that. It was also commented on how easy it was for Blackpool fans to just say 'beat Wigan and then get a run going and we're safe' despite them winning 2 games since October.

Thinking about the Reading sub who actively tried to interfere with the match by impeding a throw-in by us he should not have been booked he should have been red-carded.

But even though it is only just gone 6.00pm I have got a glass of red wine in front of me - a Chilean Syrah before anyone asks - though it is as much nerve-calming as celebratory.

Now onto the next match just up the road from where I live and yes I will be there.
Ernest, I work at a tapas/wine bar in Brockley called L’Oculto. They have a huge selection of reds, all imported from Spain. I know you’re a South London boy so you should drop in sometime- the food is top notch too!