PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Salford City - 08/08/23 - KO:7:45 PM - EFL Cup

Really couldn't give a monkeys chuff about tonight's game..rather stick pins in my eyes

Shame it’s not being shown - would’ve really liked to see Whatmough’s debut! Strange commercial decision by Carabao not insisting on TV coverage

Shame it’s not being shown - would’ve really liked to see Whatmough’s debut! Strange commercial decision by Carabao not insisting on TV coverage
It's not up to the sponsors, it's down to the terms of the existing contract for live streaming rights.

From next season, all the Carabao Cup games will be broadcast/streamed live as part of the new EFL/Sky TV deal that will come in then.

going tonight to get my first glimpse of some of our new players and youngsters hopefully. not bothered about the result.

Doubt there will be more than 3/4000 on tonight - Salford will probably only bring a couple of hundred

It's not up to the sponsors, it's down to the terms of the existing contract for live streaming rights.

From next season, all the Carabao Cup games will be broadcast/streamed live as part of the new EFL/Sky TV deal that will come in then.
The full details of which are here for anyone interested.

In summary more games will be available to stream but kick-off times will be all over the place (albeit more notice than now will be given but still not ideal really).

Probably bothersome for match-day attendees but good for exiles like me who watch most games I see on TV.

Going tonight cos I’m away on Saturday. Still don’t have the option to load the ticket onto my season card, absolutely bizarre

Going tonight cos I’m away on Saturday. Still don’t have the option to load the ticket onto my season card, absolutely bizarre
They've only just repaired the Town end roof, we'll be waiting at least another 5 years before they upgrade the ticketing system

I might even go tonight, hopefully we play a strong team and progress. Sick of not taking these games seriously and getting knocked out in the early rounds.
We usually get through the 1st round of this competition to be fair. Hardly a towering achievement I know.
FA Cup record however is appalling

This is a competitive match in a serious competition (I admit I was never quite able to say that about the Johnstone's Paint Trophy - that is a competition I never want to see us in again). It is worth winning for reasons of morale and pride and the chance to progress maybe to meet a Premiership team and even to get to Wembley. I certainly want us to win and will be keeping tabs on things. I want us to put out a strong side but hopefully also find the opportunity to give one or two of the youngsters (maybe Mawene and Rodriguez-Gentile) some time on the pitch. If I weren't 250 miles away I would certainly go along to watch.

No pictures on iFollow tonight, I think.
I’ve subscribed in Australia to : Kayo ( no more EFL) Paramount + FA cup only .. BEIN sports .. caraboa Cup . Selected matches , just not ours.. and Ifollow .. who knows .. definitely not tonight .. I’m spending a lot of money chasing shadows 😉😯