PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Salford City - 08/08/23 - KO:7:45 PM - EFL Cup

Apols if already posted. Not had time to look back

@Ron Burgundy

In an earlier post today, you said that Bauer blocked the view of Whatmough when the video in this link shows quite clearly his view (JW) was clear as day, there was nobody blocking him as he made that awful pass.

Not after an argument, just stating a fact as the eye test in the video shows.

@Ron Burgundy

In an earlier post today, you said that Bauer blocked the view of Whatmough when the video in this link shows quite clearly his view (JW) was clear as day, there was nobody blocking him as he made that awful pass.

Watching it back again... what the fuck was he thinking? It wasn't even close to the keeper. Bauer stepped out to try and give him another option and instead he just puts it right into the striker's path.

I once rated Ledson but his performance's over the last year have been poor.
the point i would make is 20/21 season he got player of the season with a lot more talented players in the squad than we have now.
the talent doesn't just disappear overnight, the constant diagonal balls seem to make me think hes been told to do this.
Tough tackling, simple passing and linking the midfield together is what he seems to be have missing recently.

The one thing i don't like is how every season why we always have to have someone we hate on, this year i feel like Ledson will become the victim....
Potts & DJ been the most recent that have suffered this fate.
Never rated Ledson. Would love him to prove me wrong

@Ron Burgundy

He was trying ( very badly ) to give it back to the geezer ( number 5 ) that passed it to him...... Certainly was not attempting to pass it back to the Keeper....

He was trying ( very badly ) to give it back to the geezer ( number 5 ) that passed it to him...... Certainly was not attempting to pass it back to the Keeper....

I think you're right? Which is both terrible judgment (even if Bauer hadn't been stepping out, he had a striker right on top of him), and terrible execution.

Other option would be that he was trying to play it all the way over to the unmarked Storey, but not sure there was enough zip on it to assume that?

The club's highlights are on YouTube:

excited woot woot GIF

I think you're right? Which is both terrible judgment (even if Bauer hadn't been stepping out, he had a striker right on top of him), and terrible execution.

Other option would be that he was trying to play it all the way over to the unmarked Storey, but not sure there was enough zip on it to assume that?

Another explanation Hunter; saw a red kit & had a brain fart? 🙈

IMG_1775.jpeg

Whilst defeat last night is not a total disaster, a win should have been achievable with rotating the squad and resting players
A win would have boosted moral for both the team and supporters alike,with the opportunity of a reasonable draw or a winnable game in the next round.
A decent cup run could have worked well for the team,supporters and a decent draw in round 3 or 4 could have brought in a good amount and it would seem much needed revenue.
We are left with being knocked out by a team two divisions lower, yes we can now concentrate on the league.
Let's hope team selection,formation and the way we play, allows us to play on the front foot, attacking, taking the game to Sunderland, a performance the fans can enjoy with a positive winning result.
The Caraboa cup defeat would then be pushed into the lost property cupboard,not to be reopened.👍
Always nice to make progress in cup competitions but they're not the be all and end all for me. Wins bring kudos and some cash and that's ok. And we should really have put last night's game to bed in the second half but it's gone now and I'm not losing any sleep over it. To me the leagues's the thing we need to concentrate on this season so I'm happy we gave the youngsters some valuable pitch time last night ( Best looks really promising and I think we'll be seeing quite a bit of him). And I'm happy we came through without any injuries ahead of Saturday which is going to be a tough game for us. 3 points on Saturday will help banish any disappointment lingering from last night.

@Ron Burgundy

Yes on reflection it doesn’t look quite that way.

winning breeds winning a winning mentality, to deliberately send a side out knowing it wasnt your best starting 11 is on lowe, fans can say oh only the cup but sorry that 11 up to 60 mins looked like strangers after saturdays decent display last night starting 11 was a shambles & an insult to the 8k who went. we are newcastle under ashley bollocks to the cups for a distraction its all about staying in the league