PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

Just compare the performance tonight with the one we had a few years back against Arsenal.

I know we lost both, but the football on show was so so much better and we genuinely scared Arsenal for 90 minutes.

I’m not having a pop at the players as they simply aren’t good enough, but we’ve regressed so much. Really sad to see.

(FWIW, I absolutely didn’t expect anything tonight. It’s just so crap to see how bad we are. We offer nothing at all).
Exactly what I said to my lad on the way off. The Arsenal game was chalk and cheese. We had 21000 fans and killed the atmosphere stone dead with a passive, soulless display from the off. Our only player who actually believed they should be on the same pitch was Ched.

I can’t remember a PNE team with less basic football ability. It’s horrible to see.

And if someone wants to pay 5m for Whiteman, be my guest. What was his problem. Strolled around like he didn’t care.

Standard PNE cup performance and zero to cheer about. Evans put up some resistance. Browne is fucking shite
The criticism of Browne is way over the top. He was one of our better players along with Evans, Woodman and Ledson who also is unfairly criticised.
We were set up not to concede without a number 10 and with no creativity in midfield. The strikers had no service as a consequence but Cannon looks very inexperienced. Whiteman’s shot was the only one.
We defended well generally but we were undone by 3 moments of class.
Overall though we are light years behind Spurs In ability.

I doubt the two Spurs fans sat behind me on the IPS will read this but if you do, yes, I did tell you to shut the fuck up and yes I would've leathered you both. Just lucky I had taken my daughter on with me else I'd be in the cell now. Unfortunately for my daughter however you spent all game making snide remarks about her every time she cheered.

On another night I could've got myself in to a hell of a lot of trouble.

Still fuming. Pair of bellends.
Did well. I wouldn’tve held back.

I doubt the two Spurs fans sat behind me on the IPS will read this but if you do, yes, I did tell you to shut the fuck up and yes I would've leathered you both. Just lucky I had taken my daughter on with me else I'd be in the cell now. Unfortunately for my daughter however you spent all game making snide remarks about her every time she cheered.

On another night I could've got myself in to a hell of a lot of trouble.

Still fuming. Pair of bellends.
Average fans of an average team, Son and Kane apart Spuds are shite.

Exactly what I said to my lad on the way off. The Arsenal game was chalk and cheese. We had 21000 fans and killed the atmosphere stone dead with a passive, soulless display from the off. Our only player who actually believed they should be on the same pitch was Ched.

I can’t remember a PNE team with less basic football ability. It’s horrible to see.

And if someone wants to pay 5m for Whiteman, be my guest. What was his problem. Strolled around like he didn’t care.
It took me 10 minutes to realise he was on the pitch, when he can’t play his little 5 yard sideways and backwards passes he disappears. That story about Fulham must be a wind up because no top scout is going to look at him and say I’ll have some of that.

all we want is some f**King fight and effort, if we lose to what is a much better team but lets come of the pitch having the other 10 players tried as hard as Ched and the manager setting us up to have a go at least.
losing to Spurs is okay, its the manner in which we lost.

To sum the game up, Spurs did not get out of 2nd gear,we sat back,let them have possession,played a back five from the off and made very little attempt to get forward.
Son looked class, great strike for 1st goal, good turn and finish for the 2nd.
We created nothing, attempted to defend from the off but never looked anywhere near a team that could grab a goal,did we have a single shot,let alone pull off a giant killing.
The supporters again came out in great numbers, those who came just because it was Spurs not likely to be back at Deepdale for a long while.🤔

That was absolutely crap. Spineless performance

You could tell from minute 1 that the result was only going one way. Players had decided they weren’t good enough before the game even kicked off (right about something). Didn’t even make Spurs work defensively, did we even have a shot on target?

Browne was superb defensively, neither of their LWBs got anything out of him, but he offers as much offensively as Potts does. Evans MOTM which says a lot about the state of this club. Midfield was woeful, Ledson was the best of the 3 but showed Son way too much respect

Conte didn’t even bother sending his subs out at halftime. Son is one of my favourite players in the game

Was never gonna be anything but what it was. Cup games seem like a dreary procession these days. We just really like belief and ability to even make a proper goal scoring chance. Whether it's spurs or some EFL dross. Even our pitch invaders seem of the tinpot variety.
Switched off. I’ve taped it though. Must watch that for the highlights tomorrow 👍🏻

I’ll tell you what’s really eating away at me. This team has no fucking HEART. Like, none at all.

We’ve all seen lower league and even non league teams give it a real good go and even occasionally win against premier league opposition… teams who have much less quality in their squad, but a shit load of passion and determination,

Watching North End, we just look like a bunch of wimps and it really pisses me off. It pisses me off even more that every one of them is a fucking millionaire off the back of playing football, they ponce around like they’re superstars but at the end of the day, they’re shite.

@MrHodgeheg123 correct me.if I'm wrong but wasn't Lowe a striker himself. If he doesn't know how to get the best out of strikers then coaching clearly isn't the profession for him. The issue also isn't the quality of the strikers, it's the utter lack of service they receive. There's not an ounce of creativity in that team.