PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Sunderland - 08/05/23 - KO:15:00 - Championship

I'm hoping for some entertaining football. I love it when the cop is full, it feels like a proper match then.

Can't even decide what I want the team to be today! Options include:

a - "best" 11
b - give the youth players some minutes
c - put in the shop window players we want to get rid of
d - farewell DJ
e - please stay DJ
f - farewell loanees
g - please come back loanees
h - don't risk any injuries

I guess there are many other considerations today too, as well as combining what I outlined above

My heart says play our best 11 and finish on a high, but my head says it's more complicated....

Well I agree with Raefil feels like the season has gone by so quick last chance for few pints up town and meet up with few friends before game. Hopefully we do something like we did last home game v Boro last season. I do think Sunderland will win this one but let's see. Then big summer ahead 🙄🍺 let's just get today over with Hopefully Plastics don't get top 6 either Up The Millwall & COYW

This season seems to have gone so quickly

Probably because we've spent all season wishing it away. This time last year we were looking forward to "a frenzy of activity." Then when the season started in July we were told to wait until September, then wait until the International month off, then January before we could judge the team. At which point we were told the team nearing our worst EVER home record was overachieving and had the two best players in the League in the same RWB position we've been trying to fill, and used eleven different players* in for the past 2 seasons... And then to wait for the Summer...

*Potts, Browne, Bambo, Brady, Olosunde, Leigh, McCann, Sinclair, Barkhuizen, Van Den Berg, Rafferty, Any I've forgotten?

We’re gonna lose, so we might as well see whether any of the youngsters can look semi competent. Wouldn’t throw in any of the defenders, because Diallo and Clarke will give them the “Campbell-Ryce vs Ben Davies” treatment

But someone like Lewis Leigh or Noah Mawene (at least we’d have something to chant) to see how out of place they look against a young but experienced midfield

We’re gonna lose, so we might as well see whether any of the youngsters can look semi competent. Wouldn’t throw in any of the defenders, because Diallo and Clarke will give them the “Campbell-Ryce vs Ben Davies” treatment

But someone like Lewis Leigh or Noah Mawene (at least we’d have something to chant) to see how out of place they look against a young but experienced midfield

I hope Kitt Nelson gets 10-15mins off the bench, I do like the look of the tiny number 10. While FCA and FRG get most of the goals and headlines for the u19s, he creates most of the chances for them...

And he's named after Knight Rider.

Just another alright season, nothing to shout about at all. For me though the Evans injury is what killed this seasons hopes.

Can't even decide what I want the team to be today! Options include:

a - "best" 11
b - give the youth players some minutes
c - put in the shop window players we want to get rid of
d - farewell DJ
e - please stay DJ
f - farewell loanees
g - please come back loanees
h - don't risk any injuries

I guess there are many other considerations today too, as well as combining what I outlined above

My heart says play our best 11 and finish on a high, but my head says it's more complicated....
Your over complicating it Alpine!
Just stick your best 11 out ffs!!
I know it will stop Bastard Rovers if they beat us but I really don't fancy the potential of witnessing another huge amount of fans celebrating an achievement while we just contemplate whether to stay for the lap of honour or not!

Hopefully we can go out with a win & performance at a packed Deepdale.

Good Luck to Millwall, get that plastic recycled.