PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Sunderland - 08/05/23 - KO:15:00 - Championship

I stuck around and can't recall a more half-arsed walkabout (very fitting, given our second half) and presentation.

The ever-alert PA played 'Can't Help Falling In Love...' as the players came back out - to the delight of the Sunderland fans who drowned out the few Nobbers left in the rain.

The trophies were presented from a shitty cardboard box (I kid you not), the announcer looked scruffy as hell, Ben Rhodes stood around with his hands in his pockets and the whole thing had a Sunday League air about it.

As tinpot as tinpot gets, but nobody pitchside seemed to either notice or give a shit.

Embarrassing. :mad:
Very poor show by the sounds of it…….

I couldn’t hang around because I didn’t want to miss the shuttle bus back to Leyland but it sounds like a very amateur affair..

Those players receiving awards deserved better than that..

I also left with 15 mins remaining.. absolutely hacked off with the score, performance, seeing other fans celebrating at our ground, Lowe's depressed face on the big screen summed it up..the club's fucked and if they think I'm buying a season ticket then they are crazy. Supported since 70s but I truly feel that I've lost interest now, I can't be alone in this. Not a shit fan..but a fan who's been shit on.

I very rarely leave before the end of any game but I went with 5 minutes to go.

Didn't see the point in hanging round for the "lap of honour" or to see Sunderland celebrate.

For no good reason I can think of I will renew but I'm rapidly getting to the end of my patience with pretty much everything associated with the Club.

Didn't see the point in hanging round for the "lap of honour" or to see Sunderland celebrate.

For no good reason I can think of I will renew but I'm rapidly getting to the end of my patience with pretty much everything associated with the Club.
They need to come out with some positive vibes over the next few weeks about all aspects of the club….

Boro fans still better for me, that loud despite being 4-1 down last year

Sunderland were a little subdued before the goal but then took the roof off the place for the rest of the half
Defo agree James Sunderland fans 2nd half was brilliant but Boro last season was incredible tbh not expected that but 4-1 and still having a top day not many fans would do that.

I left as well I could of stayed but could not be arsed plus I needed the toilet as well 😂

I thought we gave it a really good go in the first half and should have been in the lead as we created the best chances. Bringing on Pritchard in the second half tipped the balance in midfield and their opening goal was out of the blue, but what a strike it was. It deflated us and with news of the Millwall score their fans really urged them on. Like Burnley they had pace to burn on the wings with dynamism we can only dream about. Roberts on the right and Clarke on the left went past defenders at will. The second goal by Pritchard was in slow motion as he gave Woodman the eyes to shoot to the right and curled the ball into the left corner. Clarke wrapped up the scoring with a precise finish and the Sunderland fans were in dreamland. Sunderland’s passing and movement was great to see and such was their domination that they only committed 1 foul to our 18 which is a staggering statistic imo.
Any goalkeeper worth his salt knows that trick. When I faced penalties I just looked at his eyes and that told me all I needed to know. Saved more than I conceded

Yes let’s settle for mediocre players , just because they are less shit than others . Potts not a RWB but honestly what position is he good at , Storey not even average most games League 1 at best, Bauer very limited footballer no pace and can’t bring the ball out of defence, Cunningham gives 100% when on the pitch but fuck all when he’s injured which is to often . The only problem I see is if we let them go will we replace them with better players , I very much doubt it .
Storey made more interceptions than any other championship defender in 22/23

Not the first time Tony Mowbray has done a job on Preston ? , being beaten at Deepdale 4-1 by Rovers in April '22 . Made Sam Gallagher look like Didier Drogba .
A scathing and brutal but correct summary from the LEP.

Says that we are "under spending", oh for the joy when the day comes that we actually "evenly spend", let alone ever ever "over spend"!

The time is almost up with our Owners, when the local media are collectively starting to prod awkward questions in your IoM direction, then your shoddy game is about to be exposed.

Says that we are "under spending", oh for the joy when the day comes that we actually "evenly spend", let alone ever ever "over spend"!

The time is almost up with our Owners, when the local media are collectively starting to prod awkward questions in your IoM direction, then your shoddy game is about to be exposed.
Says it all when Sandells (who is usually very on the fence or biased towards the club) is coming out with this.

And the last bit as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509_160525_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509_160525_Samsung Internet.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 48
Honestly thought we were by far the better team in the first half and dominated what I thought was a very poor Sunderland, Genuinely should've smashed them but couldn't/didn't. Very poor in reflection. A good strike for their first goal but it was all far too easy couldn't get near them and that was that, capitulation.