PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v Swansea City - 26/08/23 - KO:3pm - Championship

If we had offloaded Brady during the summer instead of giving him a two-year extension then yes a left wing-back would be a priority, But with Best, Brady and until the New Year at least Cunningham we are actually covered there. It is upfront where we are at the moment tissue-thin. But even one signing there added to Keane, a returning Riis and finally Stewart would give us a decent-looking strikeforce. Whether we will see Evans again is another matter.

Quite a game when it’s hard to choose MOTM? A good sign when maligned players such as Potts and Browne ( guilty on both counts) and Hughes are all pushing for best on ground all at once. Add Mads and Mac and now Holmes and it’s great situation to be in where players are actually vying with each other to be their best. Their was a bad Preston player on the park yesterday in what was a real gutsy team effort ..p.s. how could I forget Keane ..super super signing

If we had offloaded Brady during the summer instead of giving him a two-year extension then yes a left wing-back would be a priority, But with Best, Brady and until the New Year at least Cunningham we are actually covered there. It is upfront where we are at the moment tissue-thin. But even one signing there added to Keane, a returning Riis and finally Stewart would give us a decent-looking strikeforce. Whether we will see Evans again is another matter.

Cunningham doesn't have the stamina to play there as a starter.
Best isn't good enough.
Brady is crocked.

It did eventually flower.

Notice (once again) you only comment once we are losing the match and not when we are winning.

Bit pathetic really.
It was a good win.

First 60 minutes was turgid long ball. Even you must have seen that flower.

You always seem to reply to all my posts. Bit pathetic really.

They always refer to him as an ex Blackpool striker and never his time at PNE.
Doesn’t bother me but just an observation
Brett seems a nice enough guy, but his punditry is akin to asking a bloke in the pub, three pints down. 🙄

Don’t get me started on the presenter and her inane giggly questions, let alone why in a post-match show she rarely asks about the matches. 🤯

Instead, she asks such nonsense as: ‘Colin, how long does it take for players to settle at clubs?’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Still, it’s the BBC, well known as a place where representation counts for more than ability.

And to be fair, Hendry and Steve Eyre are pretty good in their analysis - on the rare occasions they get to talk about the games they’ve just watched.

In a 60-minute show yesterday, they also failed to read out a single comment/msg/Tweet from a North End fan.

All in all, a frustrating listen. 😕

Brett seems a nice enough guy, but his punditry is akin to asking a bloke in the pub, three pints down. 🙄

Don’t get me started on the presenter and her inane giggly questions, let alone why in a post-match show she rarely asks about the matches. 🤯

Instead, she asks such nonsense as: ‘Colin, how long does it take for players to settle at clubs?’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Still, it’s the BBC, well known as a place where representation counts for more than ability.

And to be fair, Hendry and Steve Eyre are pretty good in their analysis - on the rare occasions they get to talk about the games they’ve just watched.

In a 60-minute show yesterday, they also failed to read out a single comment/msg/Tweet from a North End fan.

All in all, a frustrating listen. 😕
As a player I loved Brett, as a pundit, he was one of the reasons I unsubscribed from iFollow, the other was the shit service. Surely those that employ pundits must be a bit more selective, nothing worse than listening to utter crap, some people are not able to do the job. Yesterday I had to turn off 5 live because, (don't know who it was), the presenters spent half an hour just laughing at each other's crap jokes, nothing else just inane laughing at their own unfunny jokes.

Brady isn’t a LWB, Best is inexperienced and Cunningham is past it. I don’t call that covered although Ridsdale won’t see it like that.

Early days but Whatmough is an improvement on Diaby, Keane on Delap, Frokjaer on Parrot and Holmes on DJ.

Weaker at LWB and upfront with no Fernandez and Cannon but get a couple new players in this week and the injured players back in the squad and better season ahead

Plus, Browney looks like he has a new lease of life, maybe he doesn't need a move to refresh himself.

Another 3 points gained by determination and hard work. Some very good individual efforts . Yesterday showed we need a striker and lwb. We run the risk of grinding Keane and Best into the ground. Keane really works his socks off and I am truly converted fan of his having called him a showpony during his previous spell with us, apart from one afternoon at turd moor.

Another 3 points gained by determination and hard work. Some very good individual efforts . Yesterday showed we need a striker and lwb. We run the risk of grinding Keane and Best into the ground. Keane really works his socks off and I am truly converted fan of his having called him a showpony during his previous spell with us, apart from one afternoon at turd moor.
If we haven’t got cover in those positions by next weekend it will be extremely disappointing.
Think a striker more likely than a lwb.

Had visions of Keane pulling up with a hammy tear in those last few minutes as he chased down every lost cause

If we haven’t got cover in those positions by next weekend it will be extremely disappointing.
Think a striker more likely than a lwb.
Players would prefer to play in a complete team, not having to do double the work because the team isn't complete, or they are having to do more work because no subs to give them a break when they have put a hard shift in. I agree with you, a striker is needed rapid, Keane must be getting pissed off with not having the right support, and at the moment he is the only recognised striker we are using, it's all down to him.

Cunningham doesn't have the stamina to play there as a starter.
Best isn't good enough.
Brady is crocked.
Cunningham would be just a stopgap though at the moment he is back-up for Hughes. As for Brady I would have released him at the end of last season but since we retained him then we need to see if he can make a contribution. I think it is possible that Brady and Best between them can give us what we need at left wing-back and I don't want us to waste resources bringing in a further player we might not really need. A striker possibly two remains the absolute priority.