PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v The Plastics - 22/04/23 - KO:17:30 - Championship

So..waited till now for my thoughts.
For a neutral it was a pretty good game with all manner of incidents to entertain.
From the off Lowe seemed subdued but was glad of his reception, the team was as good as we could hope for and Bauer whilst rusty was ok in my opinion. Onomah wasn't at his best but I still think he is well worth keeping.dj was himself but did tire and his substitution was correct. Potts was ok but along with others needs to just be a bit more clinical with passes. Parrot was the usual Parrott and needs confidence. Cannon was always around and about and will progress nicely. Alvaro was a pleasure yesterday..deserved motm. The handball goal was scandalous and the way he looked bemused as it was chalked off was criminal. Senses they would score as we invited pressure, got pissed off with their flicks n backheels...do we not try these ?
Went behind and to a well taken goal tbf
Lowe then threw on everyone and it worked..not how he expected but delap putting a fast cross in did the trick..good lad. Even woodburn looked better.
So all in all I enjoyed the day and it's just a real shame those draws early on have bitten us on the arse come May.

If Woodburn gets a contract extension there’s only one way we are going next season and it isn’t up! He was getting some big abuse from the invincibles

He was by far our best player v Reading and Millwall.

He looked tired today but he wasn’t on his own.
And he only played a couple of minutes on Wednesday, so you'd have expected him to be fresher than most of the others.

He's clearly a quality player, rarely gives the ball away, gets into good positions and for me, is an upgrade on Browne. But the truth is, he just doesn't look fit. What on earth had he been doing all season at Fulham? Contrast him to Bauer, who has hardly featured all season and yet was able to come in yesterday and give a good account of himself.

So..waited till now for my thoughts.
For a neutral it was a pretty good game with all manner of incidents to entertain.
From the off Lowe seemed subdued but was glad of his reception, the team was as good as we could hope for and Bauer whilst rusty was ok in my opinion. Onomah wasn't at his best but I still think he is well worth keeping.dj was himself but did tire and his substitution was correct. Potts was ok but along with others needs to just be a bit more clinical with passes. Parrot was the usual Parrott and needs confidence. Cannon was always around and about and will progress nicely. Alvaro was a pleasure yesterday..deserved motm. The handball goal was scandalous and the way he looked bemused as it was chalked off was criminal. Senses they would score as we invited pressure, got pissed off with their flicks n backheels...do we not try these ?
Went behind and to a well taken goal tbf
Lowe then threw on everyone and it worked..not how he expected but delap putting a fast cross in did the trick..good lad. Even woodburn looked better.
So all in all I enjoyed the day and it's just a real shame those draws early on have bitten us on the arse come May.
I thought it was pretty even first half both teams played quite well. Second half the plastics were the better team, Onomah just wasn’t in the mindset at all, the passing at times was awful, we faffed about in and around the box yet again. In the end it was a fair result not because we deserved anything but the plastics didn’t deserve to win either for cheating and then acting totally wounded because they got caught!

If Woodburn gets a contract extension there’s only one way we are going next season and it isn’t up! He was getting some big abuse from the invincibles
Another odd substitution by Lowe. Bauer had looked fine and in general the defence had coped with what was thrown at them. Yes, Rovers were in the ascendancy so the midfield probably needed stiffening, but not with Woodburn and not at the expense of Bauer. Four minutes after the substitution, they scored, while the defence was still adjusting to the revised set up and had left a yawning gap for Szmodics to exploit.

This bloke was walking down the middle of Deepdale Road with his missus (who looked like something out of Little Britain) & a kid or 2 with Rovers shirts on singing "Blue army".

If someone had gone for him the kid would've been right in the middle of it & then the North Ender would've probably got crtisised for having a pop at someone with a little kid but the bloke was quite clearly looking for aggro.

Some folk shouldn't be allowed to breed.

I do think that letting both sets of fans out to intermingle on Deepdale Road is asking for trouble.
Especially after a game like yesterday. I suppose because it is a game that usually goes off without much trouble, the police thought it would be ok to let us all out at the same time.

Never heard less enthusiasm for a player being subbed on than I heard yesterday. Practically no applause once Bauer had left the pitch

I really hope we do not waste money on a contract extension for Woodburn in the probably vain hope that he comes good.
I’ve zero confidence that it won’t happen though as his demands will probably be relatively modest.

I'm not sure we have bottled the last three games,for the majority of the season we have not been good enough,consistent enough and have put in some dour ,awful performances especially at Deepdale.
We put a mini run of games together and got within touching distance of top six,but we then came across, better sides, within the top six or like ourselves just outside,against the better sides we then struggled and could not match them, we also had a squad short of depth with the many injuries and could not match better teams.
Nothing wrong with celebrating taking four points out of six from your nearest rival and for a good few, if you live in the South Ribble and surrounding areas our main rival,especially being live on Sky with a last minute equaliser in the fashion we did
They have been celebrating their return to the prem for most of the season and to put a huge dent in that is worth shouting about,if only for the next week 👍😀

Never heard less enthusiasm for a player being subbed on than I heard yesterday. Practically no applause once Bauer had left the pitch
It’s so depressing seeing him getting ready to come on.
That said, Lowe didn’t really have many other options for attacking players did he.

Reactions: OB1
Woodburn lost his man in midfield which is why that ball was able to reach their player, dont know how many times it needs to be said but Woodburn is a massive liability.
He didn’t lose his man . He was never in the right position to get anywhere near. Was the complete wrong side of him . Blackburn player had a free run Awful player .

Another odd substitution by Lowe. Bauer had looked fine and in general the defence had coped with what was thrown at them. Yes, Rovers were in the ascendancy so the midfield probably needed stiffening, but not with Woodburn and not at the expense of Bauer. Four minutes after the substitution, they scored, while the defence was still adjusting to the revised set up and had left a yawning gap for Szmodics to exploit.
Around me people were saying they weren't suprised they scored - Bauer simply wasn't there .

Woodburn: please let him go.