PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v The Plastics - 22/04/23 - KO:17:30 - Championship

@222Mark 😂
night dancing GIF
Meet Joe Gurn😮

Thought it was a great atmosphere on Saturday I watched a video posted by a Rovers fan from the Kop and the Townend looked great as the teams walked out before the game. Congrats and thanks to all the flag wavers. Thought a point each was fair but we are really scrapping the bottom of our very small barrel with the recent injuries' and suspensions. Cant see us nicking a place in the play offs now though will happy to be proved wrong

From this morning's Times. Henry Winter

Shameless Szmodics handled himself badly

The referee Robert Jones spotted that Blackburn Rovers' Sammie Szmodics had used his left hand to steer the ball into the Preston net. There is an argument for bringing in a double yellow here for sustained simulation: first the handball and then the The sooner a ten-minute cooling-off sin-bin gets brought in for dissent the better. Sadly, such behaviour scars most games and this highlighted what officials are up against. Jones was calm and decisive, his handling more impressive than Szmodics'

shamelessness in pleading innocence. It's cheating. Szmodics' team-mates even had the nerve to join in.

Blackburn are a terrific club, and Jon Dahl Tomasson a good head coach, but these antics were beneath them.

The referee Robert Jones spotted that Blackburn Rovers' Sammie Szmodics had used his left hand to steer the ball into the Preston net. There is an argument for bringing in a double yellow here for sustained simulation: first the handball and then the The sooner a ten-minute cooling-off sin-bin gets brought in for dissent the better. Sadly, such behaviour scars most games and this highlighted what officials are up against. Jones was calm and decisive, his handling more impressive than Szmodics'

shamelessness in pleading innocence. It's cheating. Szmodics' team-mates even had the nerve to join in.

Blackburn are a terrific club, and Jon Dahl Tomasson a good head coach, but these antics were beneath them.
Shouldn’t that hand ball been a straight red?

Very good - except for the last line.

Absolute bollocks. You can not rate him technically (I don't really either) but to say he's slow and unfit is just a lie. He is by far the fittest player in our squad.
Absolutely.
Agree.
I've no idea whether statistically he is THE fittest at the Club but anyone who watches them regularly can see that he is right up there as being one of the fittest.
You cant play wingback without being very fit, and he gets up and down the flank all match long.
Its a matter of opinion to question his effectiveness (i think he's decent, not great but certainly not poor either) but he always puts a shift in.

You cant play wingback without being very fit, and he gets up and down the flank all match long.
Its a matter of opinion to question his effectiveness (i think he's decent, not great but certainly not poor either) but he always puts a shift in.

Potts' defensive work is exemplary - he gets back and makes interceptions and clearances all the time. His attacking contribution, though, is at best episodic - he lacks both pace and inventiveness and his crossing is rarely more than ordinary at best though sometimes he puts a good ball in but he will hassle and as we know just occasionally he chips in with a crucial goal.

Potts' defensive work is exemplary - he gets back and makes interceptions and clearances all the time. His attacking contribution, though, is at best episodic - he lacks both pace and inventiveness and his crossing is rarely more than ordinary at best though sometimes he puts a good ball in but he will hassle and as we know just occasionally he chips in with a crucial goal.
Mostly fair points except the bit about pace.
TBF watching on the box does not give as fair an impression as seeing them in the flesh.

He can certainly put a spurt on for sure and is certainly no plodder in the speed stakes.
If you mean he doesn't have blistering pace - then i agree (not that many have)

Reactions: SF
watching on the box does not give as fair an impression as seeing them in the flesh.
He can certainly put a spurt on for sure and is certainly no plodder in the speed stakes.
If you mean he doesn't have blistering pace - then i agree (not that many have)

Potts can run after a through-ball but he cannot get away from a defender with the ball at his feet. I remember thinking that at Watford, when a quick throw from Woodman gave him the chance to run behind their defence. It was equally evident at Millwall. I was present at both matches.

Absolute bollocks. You can not rate him technically (I don't really either) but to say he's slow and unfit is just a lie. He is by far the fittest player in our squad.
Yeah.
He was still charging into the box when Delap crossed for the equaliser.

Just watched the 20 minute highlights on Sky and they have excelled themselves once again. Showed two Rovers shots which went about 15 yards wide but missed out Whitemans free kick and McCanns shot well saved near the end. I’m sure they leave the editing to a work experience kid.