PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE Youth Team: 2020/21 season

87’ So close! Holland-Wilkinson finds himself with time to shoot in the box but a Shrewsbury defender is back to clear his shot off the line.

Been told by a mate down who goes to Lancaster at home games that Jacob Holland Wilkinson is one of the best he’s seen down there in a few years, so hopefully he can get a good loan in January to maybe a National League side.

Does seem hopeful the next batch of attacking players, especially JHW and Aaron Bennett.

Been told by a mate down who goes to Lancaster at home games that Jacob Holland Wilkinson is one of the best he’s seen down there in a few years, so hopefully he can get a good loan in January to maybe a National League side.

Does seem hopeful the next batch of attacking players, especially JHW and Aaron Bennett.
Just want to confirm he follows North End too - so might be slightly biased.😂

I think Jacob will be the first one out of the three to get a contract but I suspect Bennett has a higher ceiling
I think we have to be realistic though.

We have Walker, Baxter and O'Reilly who don't get near the 1st team and with AN probably won't for 2 to 3 years!

Will we honestly offer another 3 knowing there is no gateway for them, you have to add Coulton as well.

Baxter went to Chorley never kicked a ball.
OReilly at Brig....
Armer played week in week out for Lancaster last season hasn't kicked a ball for Carlisle...
Walker got bloody injured but realistically has the best chance because he's different...
It's not easy until you get into your early twenties

Match day. I must admit I’m a bit surprised with this as I thought the youth team games would be suspended.

PNE V Shrewsbury, kick off 11am.
it changes day to day
oneday this week only u18can play

then govt say all academies can play

then friday only u16 above can play

good to see Coulton back

we are clearly trying something different this season with 2nd years going out on loan early
Beno is only 16 so maybe next season for him.....

with bounce games banned they cant get game time with the 1st squad...

Are bounce games banned? I thought they were looking to organise a game during the international break. Also, second year going out on loan is something they tried a few years back with Stead, Howard etc going out on loan.

Just to add, great to see Mike Howard score the pen to see Marine Fc through to the next round of the FA cup.

Glad you pointed this out, Flash Scores had somebody else taking the last penalty so I thought he hadn‘t taken one. He’s been unlucky over the last couple of years, so it‘s great to see him enjoying football - I understand he’s doing community work as well.

we are clearly trying something different this season with 2nd years going out on loan early
Beno is only 16 so maybe next season for him.....

with bounce games banned they cant get game time with the 1st squad...

I’m told that 16 year olds can’t go out on loan or work experience but I can’t find any reference to that in the regs.

What is the difference between a loan and work experience? What can a player do as part of one but not the other? Wondered this for a while...

What is the difference between a loan and work experience? What can a player do as part of one but not the other? Wondered this for a while...
just a guess but i think they can still train and play for our YT when on W E if we want them too.

I know Tom Stead and Mikey Howard played for us in Lancs Senior Cup games but thought they went out on loan as 1st year pro,s ?

did you see Scott Leather head one off the line from Garner late on, a chance set up by Ollie Cranshaw all ex PNE

Trophy

Preston North End U18s will face a trip to Oldham Athletic or Lincoln City in the third round of the FA Youth Cup.

Rightwards arrow

https://pnefc.net/news/2020/november/youth-team-to-face-oldham-athletic-or-lincoln-city-in-fa-youth-cup/… #PNEU18 #pnefc