PNE youth team thread: 2019-20 season.

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
I don't think the 1st team management take anywhere near enough interest in the scholars.
I think they realise the gulf between u18 and 1st team is too big a gap to fill and don't want to waste time on them.
It's been said on here hardly anyone goes on to do well who leave Preston at u18 and they are probably right, I can't recall any in fairness.
It's just a shame we can't develop them between 18 and 21 instead of putting them on the scrap heap
I dont know if thats true or not re 1st team management.....because I do know some of them have been down at Springies on' occasions' and most of the released lads have appeared in bounce games and Lancashire Cup games.... I guess its unfair, but a reality, that they have to make those appearances really count...even more then the senior pro's getting a run out..... and maybe they didnt.

I think Jimmy has been down for keeper training and obviously Tyler was nearly on the bench v Norwich in the Cup.

I think what is true is the gap....not just between Youth Team and Championship but between youth team and 'top 6' Championship were we the fans 'expect a promotion push'.... Its a brave manager who risks young kids with those pressures and even Bellingham plays for a mid table team....

I think we currently have 5 ex youth team in the 1st team 'squad' with Brownhill and Wright having come through and made careers in the past decade. The only one I can think of who has left in the time since Nick & Fenners took over and is still playing league football is Nick Anderton @ Carlisle.

Lairdinho

Manager
I have got to agree especially Dolan. I feel not keeping here will prove a costly error of judgement. A degree of patience would not have gone amiss here.He is very young and will probably not yet realise what it takes to become a full pro. He would in my opinion have grown up quickly once he had realized what was required
North Ends loss but some other club will have definitely gained.He is a tremendously gifted natural player who WILL go far.Please PNE reconsider. I don't see any other youngsters in the pipeline who can get near this kid(Ethan included). I presume the powers that be don't read this forum or they would have realized the strength of feeling amongst the fans.Unless they do have someone lined up to come in!!
I've read from a few people that Dolan will be heading to the under-23 squad of another Championship club. Imagine that's either Wigan or Blackburn - he had a good game against the latter in the FA Youth Cup.

Think he's going to be the one that got away personally...

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
I've read from a few people that Dolan will be heading to the under-23 squad of another Championship club. Imagine that's either Wigan or Blackburn - he had a good game against the latter in the FA Youth Cup.

Think he's going to be the one that got away personally...
probably wouldnt be a surprise if Ryan Kidd took him to Ewood, it would be a surprise if he went to Wigan, mainly because their youth team players are usually 3 times the size of Ty......

His biggest drawbacks will always be his size (hence why City released him) and his tendency to be greedy in possession....

but time will tell and he certainly deserves a chance at U23 level - which remains a shame we cant offer that.

OP
L

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
And yet we waste £250k on a transfer fee plus 3 years of wages on the likes of Burke and before him, the "free transfer" and 3 year Pringle deal.

Shocking!
I think most of us would prefer to give one or two of our promising youngsters a chance rather than some of the fees we’ve spent. Let’s take Bayliss as an example. He may turn out to be a brilliant signing but at the moment it makes you wonder why a club like ours has invested so much on an unknown quantity. How many young lads could we have brought through the youth system for what we’ve forked out on Bayliss. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not having a go at Bayliss, I’ve merely used him as an example. I really hope he turns out to be a great signing.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
@llanroc

You need to update you sig regards their ages and also remove Robinson, Burke and Simpson.

Replace with Walker, O'Reilly and Baxter.

OP
L

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
@llanroc

You need to update you sig regards their ages and also remove Robinson, Burke and Simpson.

Replace with Walker, O'Reilly and Baxter.
I‘ve asked you and others how to update it, but no one seems to know how to. I can’t even see my signature. It used to be easy to do, but I don’t know if it’s the new software but I don’t seem to be able to access the signature let alone amend it.

Help required.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
I‘ve asked you and others how to update it, but no one seems to know how to. I can’t even see my signature. It used to be easy to do, but I don’t know if it’s the new software but I don’t seem to be able to access the signature let alone amend it.

Help required.
I haven't tried it myself, but on a PC it seems to be: click your avatar at the top, then Account Details then Signature (in the left sidebar)?

In Account Details>Preferences you can turn signature visibility on and off.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron

Help required.
Click on your name. You might need to click it a 2nd time.

You should then see the word "About" on your profile.

Click on that and edit away. I am doing this via a PC though.

Ahh, that just takes me to the sig on my page, I need to look and find the actual Edit Button. Bear with me.

BenPearsonIsGod

Advisor to the Owner
If you’re on a mobile it’s very similar, click the icon at the top right of the page with the first initial of your username, then select account details and there’s a box halfway down called “about you”, I think that’s where you do it

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
If you’re on a mobile it’s very similar, click the icon at the top right of the page with the first initial of your username, then select account details and there’s a box halfway down called “about you”, I think that’s where you do it
That's just your bio.

I don't actually think there is a link on this software to change your sig, I cannot find it on my page.

@jakehake

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
I think we have all forgotten about Meulenstein (if that's how you spell his name) gone on to be a CB at a good level in Holland
I've got to say I wasnt surprised when Melle was released.....and would never have seen him as a CB.

He 'could' play very well but imo only when there was a crowd or a big match..... i.e. @ Deepdale.

he often strolled through matches I saw and didnt really put the workrate in - never very strong in the tackle - hence the surprise at him being a CB.

I could see him being a 'footballing' sweeper type CB but not a English head and tackle type..

Of the recent lads I'd like to see Jack Baxter tried in the Pearo role in 'bounce / cup games'....

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Hmm so I have a signature myself when I look but no idea where to now change it but I definitely did on here once before!