PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE youth team thread: 2019-20 season.

Didn't particularly rate him from what i saw. Really hope he goes on to prove me wrong and has a successful football career whatever his level

Gutted for them all but this finally confirms the rumours.
Any young lad getting released will do well to get a club in this environment, I feel for them.

What a shame for some of the lads like Corcoran who've moved away from home only to find themselves clubless in such an environment.

I'm sure they'll all find new clubs, Dolan I would be very surprised to see not go pro and maybe Corcoran going pro back in Ireland (maybe Burke or O'Connor could put a word in?) and maybe a few others find U21 squads to slot into.

Baxter and O’Reilly are second year scholars aren’t they? So they’re still around too?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I thought they had very high hopes for Corcoran etc? I thought they hoped he may one day become no.1 here? Is it simply the financial climate that has brought this decision about or was I mistaken about the quality of some of the lads?

As others have said Beno is only 16 and about to start as a scholar.
Jacob is only a 1st year and has another year in the youth team before decisions are made.

Jimmy Corcoran.? In my opinion he never grew or progressed to a required level.

his decision making was iffy, his lack of height meant he was very suspect on high balls or top corner shots.

He is a fairly good shot stopper and a confident keeper, talks well etc - but had more weaknesses than strengths.

As others have said Beno is only 16 and about to start as a scholar.
Jacob is only a 1st year and has another year in the youth team before decisions are made.

Jimmy Corcoran.? In my opinion he never grew or progressed to a required level.

his decision making was iffy, his lack of height meant he was very suspect on high balls or top corner shots.

He is a fairly good shot stopper and a confident keeper, talks well etc - but had more weaknesses than strengths.

Thanks sports rehab, I thought Jacob Holland-Wilkinson was a first year scholar. I would have been gutted if we’d lost Jacob as well as Ty.

Dolan and Holland-Wilkinson both impressed me when I saw them. What about Aaron Bennett, has he been released?
I have got to agree especially Dolan. I feel not keeping here will prove a costly error of judgement. A degree of patience would not have gone amiss here.He is very young and will probably not yet realise what it takes to become a full pro. He would in my opinion have grown up quickly once he had realized what was required
North Ends loss but some other club will have definitely gained.He is a tremendously gifted natural player who WILL go far.Please PNE reconsider. I don't see any other youngsters in the pipeline who can get near this kid(Ethan included). I presume the powers that be don't read this forum or they would have realized the strength of feeling amongst the fans.Unless they do have someone lined up to come in!!

I don't think the 1st team management take anywhere near enough interest in the scholars.
I think they realise the gulf between u18 and 1st team is too big a gap to fill and don't want to waste time on them.
It's been said on here hardly anyone goes on to do well who leave Preston at u18 and they are probably right, I can't recall any in fairness.
It's just a shame we can't develop them between 18 and 21 instead of putting them on the scrap heap

Some lads just need a chance, but it’s up to them to grasp it should that chance come along. Other clubs do it, and had they not, they would never have known what talent they had on their own doorstep. The ones that spring to mind are Jude Bellingham at Birmingham & the lad Sibley at Derby. We won’t know how good O’Reilly, Walker and Baxter are until they‘re given a run in the first team. I don’t think O’Reilly would let us down and could be a revelation, given the opportunity.