PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE youth team thread for 2018/19 season

beat two higher cat teams but cant beat 2 teams from our level - Wigan and Bury......

on the brighter side this is a young team and 7 of the starting X1 can play next season too.....so great experience.
Maybe our 'senior players' didnt match Bury's senior ones ??

Good luck to Kiddo against L'Pool or Wigan..... lets try to beat Wigan in the other Final on Easter Saturday.

Bury's tactics were spot on. They nullified Walker's threat by doubling up on him. Their 2 central defenders were excellent, seemed much bigger than our boys, and their substitute was such a handful that we couldn't cope with his trickery as we were tiring. Adam O"Reilly still looks such a good prospect to me, as does young Colton.

That was dismaying but they were a bigger stronger side and that told as the match went on - we just couldn't impose ourselves. Dolan frenetic but lacking in awareness. Walker a bit reticent maybe still feeling that injury a bit. The player who impressed me tonight was Earl - he looks like a cross between Storey and Davies.

Got to disagree about Earl whilst he may have reasonable defensive qualities his distribution is on a par with Huntingdon's. Having said that not too many of the lads were able to find the right pass often gifting the ball to Bury. On the whole Bury were comfortable throughout and PNE did well to hang in there as long as they did before conceding.

Very poor at the back tonight and without doubt no leader on the pitch. Baxter was my pick but played too deep and couldn't impose himself on the game.
Again we have come unstuck against a more physical side with none of our lads really putting a foot in.
Armer was a big miss tonight from what I have seen of the youth team in recent years.
Let's hope it's a blip and the boys finish the season strongly

A poor performance tonight but all credit to Bury who were stronger and technically better.Tactically they seemed to target Coulson at left back,i couldnt understand why we didnt adapt our formation to provide him more cover possibly going to five at the back with the central defender of the three centre backs stepping out when we were in possesion.There's a long way to go for some of these youngsters but in my opinion only Walker and possibly Corcoran show any kind of potential.

A poor performance tonight but all credit to Bury who were stronger and technically better.Tactically they seemed to target Coulson at left back,i couldnt understand why we didnt adapt our formation to provide him more cover possibly going to five at the back with the central defender of the three centre backs stepping out when we were in possesion.There's a long way to go for some of these youngsters but in my opinion only Walker and possibly Corcoran show any kind of potential.
Agree wholeheartedly on the Coulson issue. Once he had been easily beaten by their right winger he seemed to go to pieces and was then jittery throughout.

Agree wholeheartedly on the Coulson issue. Once he had been easily beaten by their right winger he seemed to go to pieces and was then jittery throughout.
[/QUOTE]

Looks like Tom Stead has gone out to Kendal Town on loan. I think he’s still on our books?

Regarding Tom Stead, looking for information. Only found this brief report so far :

"And to make the on-the-road success all the more remarkable, the Mintcakes - fielding 11 debutants - came from 2-0 down for the win."

Rumours that Town appointed Graham Westley as boss on Tuesday last week have been denied by the club.

Do we know if the youth team have a game this Saturday? On the original schedule it says they haven't but wondered if the recent cup run affected that?