PNE's Peter Ridsdale emerges as lead candidate for key EFL Board role

Many Clouds

Forum Patron
Patron

Wasn't sure if there was an ongoing Riddler thread, so thought I'd create one. If he gets the role he could have a big influence and in essence become the saviour of football, which as it stands is up s***s creek without a paddle.

I for one hope he gets it, unlike the Stoke chap who clearly wants more of the same.

Baldygit

Forum Patron
Patron
Peter Ridsdale and Tony Scholes going head to head for a seat on the EFL Board after departure of Mark Ashton. Should be interesting to see the various club voting preferences as Peter is for restrictions on cash spending and Tony for more freedom for clubs to spend regardless of where obtained
Another seat may come available if Derby CE is removed as some clubs say currently a "Conflict of interests" means he should go

Meldrew's Ghost

Advisor to the Owner

Wasn't sure if there was an ongoing Riddler thread, so thought I'd create one. If he gets the role he could have a big influence and in essence become the saviour of football, which as it stands is up s***s creek without a paddle.

I for one hope he gets it, unlike the Stoke chap who clearly wants more of the same.

That EFL Board is a proper rogues gallery. Jez Moxey was always a scrote when at Wolves. Trevor Birch was the unofficial advisor who brokered Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson's catastrophic takeover at Bolton - and he's the new EFL CEO. Derby's CEO. Parry. It's no wonder the EFL's in such a state.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Scholes and Gray will always stand out in my mind as those that brought us forward... Shame they left and we went into stagnation.. Did great at Stoke for years but recently it all went tits up. Maybe he just got old... Ridsdale is just Trevs mouthpiece. I'd give both a wide berth now. :)

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
That EFL Board is a proper rogues gallery. Jez Moxey was always a scrote when at Wolves. Trevor Birch was the unofficial advisor who brokered Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson's catastrophic takeover at Bolton - and he's the new EFL CEO. Derby's CEO. Parry. It's no wonder the EFL's in such a state.
Who better than Peter Ridsdale to clean it up... :oops:

Hopefully if he gets it, PR will feel duty-bound to devote all his time to this very important governance role.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
Ridsdale doesn't have many fans amongst our support for various reasons, but, he'd be the ideal man for this role in terms of what he wants to implement.

Would love to see a more financially sound, frugal outlook across football, a more level playing field for all clubs can only be a good thing.

Meldrew's Ghost

Advisor to the Owner
Scholes and Gray will always stand out in my mind as those that brought us forward... Shame they left and we went into stagnation.. Did great at Stoke for years but recently it all went tits up. Maybe he just got old... Ridsdale is just Trevs mouthpiece. I'd give both a wide berth now. :)

At least Ridsdale is a voice for those who want a proper application of FFP.

Pne_Gaz

Forum Patron
Patron

Article came out 1 hour after a Stoke paper put out that their man was the lead candidate, and some people say you can still trust the news eh 😂

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Mixed feelings. I am no fan but just as Westley was the right man to axe half our squad and bring in some effort, Ridsdale is perhaps the right person to bring some sanity to a league that doesn't just live beyond it's means, it is like a suicidal freight train wobbling on the tracks.

SlaminSam

Forum Patron
Patron
Ridsdale doesn't have many fans amongst our support for various reasons, but, he'd be the ideal man for this role in terms of what he wants to implement.

Would love to see a more financially sound, frugal outlook across football, a more level playing field for all clubs can only be a good thing.
He only implements what TH tells him to.

SlaminSam

Forum Patron
Patron
If he's on the board of the EFL and tries to implement financial parity, does it matter if it's his plan or that of TH?
No it doesn't. Do you think he would take the same approach if he wasn't "advising" TH? What about if he was advising a club that a big spenders?

Whilst employed by TH, PR only implements ideas that line up with his boss. I don't care if PR was head of the FA or FIFA. Same will apply.