PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE's Peter Ridsdale emerges as lead candidate for key EFL Board role

No it doesn't. Do you think he would take the same approach if he wasn't "advising" TH? What about if he was advising a club that a big spenders?

Whilst employed by TH, PR only implements ideas that line up with his boss. I don't care if PR was head of the FA or FIFA. Same will apply.
I've never even suggested anything of the like.

Of course he wouldn't be advocating FFP if he was attached to a free spending club, but the fact is, he's here and as such, for once the TH approach is a positive one in this sense.

Scholes and Gray will always stand out in my mind as those that brought us forward... Shame they left and we went into stagnation.. Did great at Stoke for years but recently it all went tits up. Maybe he just got old... Ridsdale is just Trevs mouthpiece. I'd give both a wide berth now. :)

Just spoke to Tony on the phone, he's obviously denying that he's on the verge of joining the EFL board but he's always done that!

The last couple of years have seen a transition of power at stoke, where the coaching set up do have more of a say when it comes to transfers.

Michael O'Neill gives the board a list of names he wants then usually spits his dummy out when the board say no to 3 or 4 then buy the shit lot afterwards...

Just spoke to Tony on the phone, he's obviously denying that he's on the verge of joining the EFL board but he's always done that!

The last couple of years have seen a transition of power at stoke, where the coaching set up do have more of a say when it comes to transfers.

Michael O'Neill gives the board a list of names he wants then usually spits his dummy out when the board say no to 3 or 4 then buy the shit lot afterwards...

Sounds like our lot although we aren't in the habit of paying silly fees or wages. :)

Ridsdale doesn't have many fans amongst our support for various reasons, but, he'd be the ideal man for this role in terms of what he wants to implement.

Would love to see a more financially sound, frugal outlook across football, a more level playing field for all clubs can only be a good thing.

Are we really talking about the same Peter Ridsdale?šŸ˜²

Financially soundšŸ˜²

FrugalšŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²

It is a sign of our times that he has a hide thick enough to even think of putting himself forward

Come to think of it, he will fit right in at the EFL, and at least their office fish tanks will be nicely stocked!

Well that makes a complete mockery of the title 'advisor' then doesn't it

Maybe your post is 100% true, and even if it is, probs makes things even more miserable for a man who cannot persuade the owner to take an alternative approach
Last time I checked the club details in the programme, he was shown as the owner's representative, not advisor, which is quite different.

I've never even suggested anything of the like.

Of course he wouldn't be advocating FFP if he was attached to a free spending club, but the fact is, he's here and as such, for once the TH approach is a positive one in this sense.
I never said you did, it's a question. A man shouldn't change his thoughts based by what clubs he's attached to or what boss he has. That's my view anyway.

I hate yes men. I accept people's views may change, but it's ridiculous to think they change like the weather based on who they have to answer to.

You may think it's a good thing, I don't. .

It's not a full-time job, but it'll be PR spreading himself even more thinly, and he was doing a pretty poor job as it was IMO when he was just The Adviser, before he promoted himself to Head of Recruitment.

I don't think another new EFL hat for him to wear is going to make the quality of his work for PNE any better.

It's not a full-time job, but it'll be PR spreading himself even more thinly, and he was doing a pretty poor job as it was IMO when he was just The Adviser, before he promoted himself to Head of Recruitment.

I don't think another new EFL hat for him to wear is going to make the quality of his work for PNE any better.
Don't think that will bother him. He's more interested in himself and how he is seen than in PNE.