Podcast

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
They certainly have them on the SofaScore app.

WhoScored also has heat maps too and touch maps and pass maps. Probably a bit more in depth.

Worth noting that some heat maps are based off average touch position and some are based off average position without the ball, too.
Perfect got exactly what I wanted

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Need some mdt stats paddy, like an emotions heat map
Its dead interesting, download the app and look at the Birmingham game for example.

The average positions of Stockley and Darnell and then the average positions of Rafferty and Riis who replaced them, Rafferty 20 yards deeper than Fisher and Riis 5 yards further forward than Stockley.

Dead easy to see how much deeper teams that come to Deepdale are sitting than the teams we are travelling to.

Variations are often slight and there are exceptions but the overall picture shows why we are struggling more at home, especially without Fisher on the pitch

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron
Its dead interesting, download the app and look at the Birmingham game for example.

The average positions of Stockley and Darnell and then the average positions of Rafferty and Riis who replaced them, Rafferty 20 yards deeper than Fisher and Riis 5 yards further forward than Stockley.

Dead easy to see how much deeper teams that come to Deepdale are sitting than the teams we are travelling to.

Variations are often slight and there are exceptions but the overall picture shows why we are struggling more at home, especially without Fisher on the pitch
Could you please pass on your findings for the home games to Mr Neil, paddy 😉

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I always liked Chris Brown.... he never quite hit his full potential at Deepdale, but always came across as a nice guy

OP
FTF

FTF

First Team
A Spot of Rother...

We were joined by Chris Brown this week as we discussed the Rotherham defeat, a few other bits and bobs and also discussed his podcast with Jon Parkin, Undr the Cosh, and the brilliant work that Mark Crossley is doing with his Walking and Talking Charity Hikes (WATCH). Enjoy!

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Good chat as ever I enjoyed it.

I've reflected on the game and thought 2e would eventually ride out their pressure and overcome it as we just have too much quality in the final third to not damage them, shame it never turned out like that though!

OP
FTF

FTF

First Team
From the Finney Meets... Richard Cresswell.

Our chat with North End’s former number 25 is available now. Let us know your thoughts.

PNEJack

First Team
From the Finney Meets... Richard Cresswell.

Our chat with North End’s former number 25 is available now. Let us know your thoughts.

Great pod, glad he enjoyed his time at Preston the most out of all clubs and seems like a genuinely nice and funny chap. Would've liked to hear more specifically about his time with Nugent and Fuller given they are two of my favourite players and they had such a good time playing together, specifically his partnership with Fuller.