Podcast

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I've also found the recent ones to be too "Alex Neil Friendly" with little or no criticism whne in my view, it is more than merited. The production is good though, and in better circumstances a good listen. Not objective enough for me though. Being honest i haven't listened to the Rovers podcast for fear of throwing my phone against the wall 🤣

Joanpne

Forum Patron
Patron
I think some of the comments are a little unfair. One of them is tactician geek, one is a passionate northender personally known to me (and Billymac) and the other I have found to be somewhere in the middle of the two of them and his views are fair. I really like the onion analogy because it’s true. You can’t expect to cut things with precision when you are supplied with continuous blunt instruments. No disrespect to Nugent but he has taken up a fair chunk of the wage budget and AN never even thought of him as his chosen striker. How much did we pay for our entire defence? How much have we spent in recent transfer windows compared to others? In my view AN is a good manager and given first or second choice players I believe we would be in a total different scenario. AN is good but he isn’t a damned miracle worker. I don’t think thats a sycophantic view it’s a flippin fact. So far as Baylis is concerned how do we know who chose him? Maybe AN did and maybe he didn’t we will never know but not one manager anywhere has got every signing right. As for Dolan, the owner refused to pay for the younger ones is what I understood and in all honesty I think he is a just a flash in the pan. Let’s see where he is in a year or two. Anyway, the gist is just because the 3 lads see things differently doesn’t make them wrong or sycophantic, it’s makes them 3 lads just like us wanting the best for the club.