Podcast

baysidepne

Living the dream
Patron
Morning all,

Know some of you don't listen in to the podcast but we've released a big Christmas quiz this morning if you're interested. Not all questions are PNE related so a bit of a mixed bag.

It's a 25 minute listen but might kill some time for the last days in work / at home over Christmas etc. 50 points on offer

There's a form to fill your answers in below and a decent hamper prize on offer with books, fanzines and North End goodies for the winner, big thanks to Invincible Books, Nose Bag Fanzine and PNE themselves for their kind donations.

One rule, NO CHEATING. ❌

Answers will be out after Christmas but fill in the form and I'll let you know how you get on 👍

Answers link here... the questions on the form are abbreviated:

Link to the podcast here:
linktr.ee/fromthefinney

Lee Trundle

Advisor to the Owner
Morning all,

Know some of you don't listen in to the podcast but we've released a big Christmas quiz this morning if you're interested. Not all questions are PNE related so a bit of a mixed bag.

It's a 25 minute listen but might kill some time for the last days in work / at home over Christmas etc. 50 points on offer

There's a form to fill your answers in below and a decent hamper prize on offer with books, fanzines and North End goodies for the winner, big thanks to Invincible Books, Nose Bag Fanzine and PNE themselves for their kind donations.

One rule, NO CHEATING. ❌

Answers will be out after Christmas but fill in the form and I'll let you know how you get on 👍

Answers link here... the questions on the form are abbreviated:

Link to the podcast here:
linktr.ee/fromthefinney

Did you put the Calvert Lewin question in there to see who was googling? Surely no one is getting that?

Good quiz though, plenty of tough questions

OP
FTF

FTF

Forum Patron
Patron
Recording our 2020 year review episode tomorrow. We want to know your:
  • Moment of the year.
  • Worst moment of the year.
  • Game of the year.
  • Goal of the year.
  • Player of the year.
Also, any questions for us? We'll be doing a transfer episode sometime next week as a one-off episode so if you've any transfer-related questions for us, that's when you can expect to hear an answer.

All the best for 2021, forum members. Thanks for the debate this year, it's been fun.

djwoody

Manager
Recording our 2020 year review episode tomorrow. We want to know your:
  • Moment of the year.
  • Worst moment of the year.
  • Game of the year.
  • Goal of the year.
  • Player of the year.
Also, any questions for us? We'll be doing a transfer episode sometime next week as a one-off episode so if you've any transfer-related questions for us, that's when you can expect to hear an answer.

All the best for 2021, forum members. Thanks for the debate this year, it's been fun.
Moment - Harrop's equaliser at Rovers in Jan. Love the feeling of being in that away end going crazy!
Worst moment - 0-3 v Rovers
Game - Brentford 4-2 away
Goal - Sinclair v Bournemouth away
Player - Ledson. Best player since restart and we were very poor from Jan to lockdown!

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Best moment- Brentford huddle
Worst moment- draw against Luton at the restart. Was when I realised we were going to miss out on the playoffs
Game- Brentford 4-2
Goal- Sinclair vs Bournemouth
Player- Ledson

OP
FTF

FTF

Forum Patron
Patron
Final episode of 2020 is available to stream now. Thanks for all the support, debate, advice, grief etc etc this year. It’s been fun. Football’s just a game of opinions, after all. Here’s to a better 2021! 🍻

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
Miles behind so just catching up with the Scott Laird episode. Seems like a thoroughly likeable guy.

Didn't know about his Rangers allegiances which holds him in even higher esteem in my book.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Classy lads, well done, that message was unequivocal, take my hat off to you.

If pne sign this cunt, as a dad of two daughters who know I adore Preston North End football club I cannot for a second consider supporting the club with a single penny more of my cash and your pod dealt with this issue so well imo, on every fucking single level this is a total disgrace to be even considering it, every credit to you all.

OP
FTF

FTF

Forum Patron
Patron
Classy lads, well done, that message was unequivocal, take my hat off to you.

If pne sign this cunt, as a dad of two daughters who know I adore Preston North End football club I cannot for a second consider supporting the club with a single penny more of my cash and your pod dealt with this issue so well imo, on every fucking single level this is a total disgrace to be even considering it, every credit to you all.
Thanks for the kind words, Cali. Always a very tough subject to talk about.

Mr. M

Manager
Gave today's episode a listen - interesting to hear about our change in approach in games as a result of no Pearson and Bauer but it seems we are destined for midtable if we continue our current form this season.

On the whole Ched Evans farcical - it was well handled on the podcast. Clear and powerful message and very kind of you to encourage donations to charity which supports those affected by such acts of sexual assault and violence.

For a club which prides itself on the work it does with its community and has won awards for it - they should know better than to even negotiate with someone of the ilk of Ched Evans in both footballing and PR circumstances. He doesn't improve the starting XI so why on earth sign him?

The whole point of a transfer window is to strengthen your squad and to sign players to help you improve your standing in the table and with your fanbase to show the club is trying to progress in the right direction. This proposed move does neither.

White Horse 44

Advisor to the Owner
Not sure how much we get for an FA Cup victory but 3 young lads say 'oh we dont need it' unreal. A good podcast but the total disrespect disregard for the cup was poor. Very poor finish.
Nice musical ending however.
Next week Margie please

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Not sure how much we get for an FA Cup victory but 3 young lads say 'oh we dont need it' unreal. A good podcast but the total disrespect disregard for the cup was poor. Very poor finish.
Nice musical ending however.
Next week Margie please
Probably costs us more to play the game than you get for winning.

Given the fact we have played 14 games in 42 days the last thing we need is a cup game.

Barack

First Team
Its £61,500 for a third round win, another £90,000 if you manage to win the 4th round. I too was a tad annoyed at this comment, on one hand saying the Evans loan wages significant and on the next dismissing the cup. Given as a 51 year old I've spent most of my PNE life praying we got through the first two rounds to reach the 3rd round draw the comments came across as very arrogant and dismissive, something I always hated being in other teams supporters.

White Horse 44

Advisor to the Owner
Its £61,500 for a third round win, another £90,000 if you manage to win the 4th round. I too was a tad annoyed at this comment, on one hand saying the Evans loan wages significant and on the next dismissing the cup. Given as a 51 year old I've spent most of my PNE life praying we got through the first two rounds to reach the 3rd round draw the comments came across as very arrogant and dismissive, something I always hated being in other teams supporters.
100%

baysidepne

Living the dream
Patron
Fair comments chaps @White Horse 44 & @Barack about the FA Cup and in usual circumstances I'd absolutely agree, the FA Cup is an institution and something that I think every fan looks forward to each year.

But this year is different. The FA Cup without fans will lose its magic for me personally. It's a distraction we probably don't need after the intense schedule so far, and with a game on average every 4-5 days until the end of the season in May, I don't think it's a welcome distraction for the players. Imagine if we pull out United or Arsenal in the next round, and it's played in front of an empty stadium. We don't get the money that you'd usually get from a big FA Cup tie as there's no gate receipts. Just another game in an already packed fixture schedule.

In my head personally, I've written it off this year and then next year when we are all hopefully back, can give it the love and affection it deserves again.

The music at the end by the way is by a band involving a couple of big North End fans called Rhys E. Wise Man the song is called, hopefully we got those Saturdays the song speaks of back sooner rather than later.