• Please support our latest project if you can. Flags for Deepdale - Sea of blue and white. https://www.gofundme.com/f/Deepdaleflags

Podcast

Libertine

Forum Patron
Patron
i dont think our geography is a drawback i actually think its the total opposite

we're on the boarder of some of the biggest clubs in the world, with global scouting systems, churning out must be 100s of players a year which we could be a home for if there are players who just dont make the grade, u23 maybe shite, but we could exploit our geography much better than we do

Nah. The geography has always been a problem.

Libertine

Forum Patron
Patron
Ha
Thanks
Why? Cause if you exploit the cast offs, which is basically taking advantage of a scouting network which we could never have, then we could only benefit

But cheers for the detailed response 👍🏻
It’s been the case for years. Everyone involved with amateur football who sees how kids are scouted knows it. But yeah you’re probably right ourselves and the other “smaller” local clubs probably just never thought of picking up the big Liverpool and Manchester teams cast offs. Maybe write to the club and ask them to consider it.

By Tor

Manager
Just listened to podcast and impressed with Peter Ridsdale and some of the background information about the work the club goes into to get some of the transfers over the line.

Also interesting to hear we may be in a better position to attract players in the summer as wages will have to drop to our level in the championship due to Co vid/No crowd income. Also PR made an comment that 10 or so clubs were in trouble with HMRC this current season. Should make for an interesting summer .

California_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
It’s been the case for years. Everyone involved with amateur football who sees how kids are scouted knows it. But yeah you’re probably right ourselves and the other “smaller” local clubs probably just never thought of picking up the big Liverpool and Manchester teams cast offs. Maybe write to the club and ask them to consider it.
I will, and I'll make sure I say I ran it passed you first, and that you think it's a really good idea too 👍🏻

djwoody

Advisor to the Owner
Good pod with Ridsdale. He was much less antagonistic than he has sometimes been recently. Shame you didn't persuade him to send the Fleetwood one back.

I have to say a big congrats and thank you, FTF guys, for your continued efforts with the pod. It’s great to have and I think you all do a great job at it.

Having listened to the recent episode with PR, I do think you could have pushed him further especially on the two Ben situations and you totally missed Fisher.

For those that say PR speaks well, yes he does, but he wouldn’t be the Advisor to Trev or have had his past jobs if he wasn’t polished, able to manage interviews in a certain way etc. He pretty much controlled the narrative on the episode, but perhaps you don’t want to push him too hard in order to maintain some form of decent relationship, that I could understand.

This summer is massive for us, let’s see how it goes, but I don’t agree with some of his points around other clubs & their financial abilities come summer. Feels a tad pie in the sky.

It would be great to get PR back on after the summer, to address whatever activity we end up doung

California_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
ridsdale talked about the process which identified ben whiteman as a target. seems to me he was hinting that the player was identified based on analytics, and if i understood right an external company supported north end in this?

anyone know anything more about this process, how it works? and how the fuck ched fell through this complex super-rock-solid process? :)

baysidepne

Living the dream
seems to me he was hinting that the player was identified based on analytics, and if i understood right an external company supported north end in this?
The chap he mentions on the podcast is a PNE employee, Head of Technical Recruitment I think his job title is. Don't think they're using outside agencies apart from data sources such as Wyscout.

The analysts/scouts sit under him, looking at his profile on LinkedIn he's got good experience with Brentford and Rovers both on his CV.

Having listened to the recent episode with PR, I do think you could have pushed him further especially on the two Ben situations and you totally missed Fisher.
It was tough as we were limited with time to a degree and its my fault re: Fisher. Completely forgot to add it in to my questions.

California_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
cheers for the update on the scouting

on the bens, i understand totally what he was saying but it still looks like mismanagement from the outside. not being ignorant to the fact its always complex and you have to be tactful, but it was allowed to get to the point it did thats the issue i think, sell at peak value or manage your talent better.

i was also surprised that the comments by pearson were even mentioned by ridsdale, springies isnt as good as new facilities, its quite clear, no need to even acknowledge it imo

his comment on iversen was also very interesting, observing an injury to rudd and immediately sprung into action and secured a really good talent in iversen; sounds easy doesnt it :) you've got to be looking at getting him and molumby in again next season, be class additions to the squad to have them for a full season.

good debate and listen lads (y)

lilywhitetel

Forum Patron
Patron
Had a podcast catch up day. Well done to the guys for all your work in the past week, you are a really good addition to the PNE communication lines. Enjoyed the PR discussion and it illustrates just how much work goes into targets. Shows the importance of maintaining cordial relations but not backing away from those important questions and thought he came across well. Still think PR dropped the ball as regards contracts but can't believe we will make the same mistake again and I have a bit more confidence about summer recruitment which will be the most important window in recent years.

Broad Sword

Forum Patron
Patron
Last two pods in particular have been very, very good.
Just listened to the latest one...my first...and I thought it was excellent. Good questions and I thought PR was very open in his responses. It’s actually made me feel more optimistic about the future particularly the summer window. Thanks gents.

pne_monster

Advisor to the Owner
Good episode - really good that PR is willing to have this sort of dialogue. Major issue though - what are you doing @baysidepne subjecting your 2 year old child to PNE? That’s cruelty!