Podcast

Hitch 22

Forum Patron
Patron
He comes across very level headed and well suited to football. Not on social media which is a rarity but very honest with his views. Its interesting his relationship with AN deteriorated and yet people try and scapegoat PR for tensions.

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
He comes across very level headed and well suited to football. Not on social media which is a rarity but very honest with his views. Its interesting his relationship with AN deteriorated and yet people try and scapegoat PR for tensions.

Well it's the ownership who didn't offer him a deal when he might have actually signed it. Things got bad by the time he was already leaving, so he was being left out, but that doesn't really matter, right?

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
I can't believe some of the posts on here today, I shouldn't be shocked I suppose.

It's the club's job to manage their talent, be it sell at the right time, extend or not at the right time, and do what is best for the club. To put it all on the player misses the point, of course the player can make it work to their own advantage but first and foremost the club have to take responsibility for their own players

Randall Flagg

Forum Patron
Patron
Pearo came across very well. Likeable guy that speaks a lot of sense. Maybe a touch naive in terms of how football finance works but the sentiment is right. I think he probably regrets the wording used in his Bournemouth interview, he pretty much alluded to that himself so glad he's had a chance to provide some context. Great pod 👏

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Pearo came across very well. Likeable guy that speaks a lot of sense. Maybe a touch naive in terms of how football finance works but the sentiment is right. I think he probably regrets the wording used in his Bournemouth interview, he pretty much alluded to that himself so glad he's had a chance to provide some context. Great pod 👏
I've no issue whatsoever with his Bournemouth interview, I mean, I don't know what the fuss is about the truth, but he spoke so we'll during his ftf discussion, shame we didn't hear more from him whilst playin for us.

kitman99

Cleaner of Boots
Patron
Was excellent. A great listen again.

Sounds like AN fell out with Darnell in the end as well by the sounds. Fuming with the contract situation? Can't offer him a deal at all, surely PR knew how much he was rated (unless his agent kept it from him). Shows as well the need to entice new fans in and fill the seats, rather than just relying on the old guard.

Talks well, honest, shame it had to end.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
Was excellent. A great listen again.

Sounds like AN fell out with Darnell in the end as well by the sounds. Fuming with the contract situation? Can't offer him a deal at all, surely PR knew how much he was rated (unless his agent kept it from him). Shows as well the need to entice new fans in and fill the seats, rather than just relying on the old guard.

Talks well, honest, shame it had to end.
Agreed, I thought what he said about the home atmosphere was quite powerful, must've sent a message to the club. Great timing for that to be said in terms of what this fans group are trying to achieve too.

pne_monster

Advisor to the Owner
If in can offer a tiny piece of constructive criticism Jake, and this is from my experience of interviewing people for research purposes, is to let them talk. You tend to cut people off and not let them finish their sentences. You can always go back to what they are saying, but it would make the interview flow a lot better,

OP
FTF

FTF

Forum Patron
Patron
If in can offer a tiny piece of constructive criticism Jake, and this is from my experience of interviewing people for research purposes, is to let them talk. You tend to cut people off and not let them finish their sentences. You can always go back to what they are saying, but it would make the interview flow a lot better,
Cheers for the feedback. I feel I’m a lot better now than 12 months ago. However, I’m well aware that I’m not perfect, I do try my best. I’m just a fella in my kitchen with an idea, a microphone and a pissed off wife.

pne_monster

Advisor to the Owner
Cheers for the feedback. I feel I’m a lot better now than 12 months ago. However, I’m well aware that I’m not perfect, I do try my best. I’m just a fella in my kitchen with an idea, a microphone and a pissed off wife.
Absolutely not a criticism Jake - as I said it’s quite a skill so just listen back and reflect. Doing a great job pal.

Ron Burgundy

Advisor to the Owner
Really good podcast but it wasn't quite as open mouth gasping due to shock as I was expecting.

Ben confirmed what a lot of us know and think when it comes to how the club is being run.

The contract fiasco though is pure gross negligence and I actually didn't think they had fucked it up so spectacularly.

The way Ben was treated towards the end was disgraceful, whether it was AN, PR or TH I don't really care. We're PNE and we're the gentry and footballers are human beings at the end of the day and for his service to us he should never be treated like that.