PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

My feedback is I listened to the Mells and the book interview and both were absolutely brilliant. You asked all the right questions to get more insight to times we remember on the pitch, plus the management behind the scenes. Loved Mell's sense of involvement and pride in his time here. The book dude was superb too, great passion. Maybe you can introduce a light hearted feature to break it up, like a quiz - Wings n Beer or Plau, Town End or Invincibles etc.

Thanks for your feedback, Bogie.

Do you mean to introduce a quiz in the interviews with the former players or whoever we get on?

Thanks for your feedback, Bogie.

Do you mean to introduce a quiz in the interviews with the former players or whoever we get on?
Yeh was just an idea to learn even more about them. Mells and Sedge both seemed fun types.

NB Have you done one with Graham Alexander yet? I couldn't find it.

Yeh was just an idea to learn even more about them. Mells and Sedge both seemed fun types.

NB Have you done one with Graham Alexander yet? I couldn't find it.

Aye that's a good idea. Could maybe do quickfire questions on players they played with or something like that?

Yup, recorded with Graham in October. Have over 3 hours of audio to edit and planning on publishing it as a two-part episode in December depending on whether or not some other guests come off in that time. One in particular that I think all fans will be keen to listen to but, we are still waiting on confirmation on that one so won't say too much at the moment.

Part 1 of our chat with Graham Alexander is available to listen to now! It's on our web player, just click here.

Appreciate any feedback/thoughts etc.

Part 1 of our chat with Graham Alexander is available to listen to now! It's on our web player, just click here.

Appreciate any feedback/thoughts etc.

Listening to it at the moment. Brilliant! Goosebumps listening to him talk about the Birmingham game!

Keep up the good work!

I do really like these pods - I drive about an hour each way to work and back so they're a great listen on the way. Thanks for making them & keep up the good work, lads.

As promised, albeit delayed, here is my feedback. I really do enjoy listening to this podcast more so now than I did at first. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy them, but I found they have got better over the last few months.

I do enjoy the guests the most, Sedge and Mellor were brilliant. It's been great to hear their thoughts on those moments that you remember as a supporter. And as the subject, they have been very respectful of he fact it is a fan made podcast, and have been happy to talk about those behind the scenes stories.

I'm looking forward to both parts of the GA Podcasts.

Have you anybody else lined up?

Perhaps you could ask the listeners if there is anything particular they want to know that you could ask them about.

Keep up the good work.

As promised, albeit delayed, here is my feedback. I really do enjoy listening to this podcast more so now than I did at first. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy them, but I found they have got better over the last few months.

I do enjoy the guests the most, Sedge and Mellor were brilliant. It's been great to hear their thoughts on those moments that you remember as a supporter. And as the subject, they have been very respectful of he fact it is a fan made podcast, and have been happy to talk about those behind the scenes stories.

I'm looking forward to both parts of the GA Podcasts.

Have you anybody else lined up?

Perhaps you could ask the listeners if there is anything particular they want to know that you could ask them about.

Keep up the good work.

When we started we knew nothing at all about podcasting so it's certainly been a case of learning on the job if you will. Sedgy and Mells were both brilliant, really helpful, friendly blokes. Same goes for Grezza. Having one of my North End heroes sat in my front room for 3 hours in an evening was and still is mind-blowing to think about.

We have Iain Hume coming out in January, Lonners in February and trying to arrange something with Sedds from the LEP to come on for a 'Meets...' episode, something a little bit different. Also talking to Danny Pugh, Lee Ashcroft, Jon Parkin and Chris Brown about coming on. Hoping to get something lined up in the future with Mark Lawrenson, Matt Hill, John Thomas, John Welsh and a couple of others.

We are also heading down to London in January to record a special episode with Colin Murray too. If you have anything in particular you would like us to ask Colin about, or Sedds (hopefully we will be meeting with him in the next few weeks or so) then feel free to DM us on here or on twitter. We usually put most of our stuff out on our twitter account as it's where we get the most interaction so if you aren't already, give us a follow on there - @fromthefinney.

Thanks for the kind words from you all though, appreciate it very much. We know we aren't perfect but we are trying. Also looking for a sponsor for the podcast so if anyone on here, or if anyone you know may be interested in getting involved, again, feel free to DM us on here, twitter or email us - fromthefinney@gmail.com

When we started we knew nothing at all about podcasting so it's certainly been a case of learning on the job if you will. Sedgy and Mells were both brilliant, really helpful, friendly blokes. Same goes for Grezza. Having one of my North End heroes sat in my front room for 3 hours in an evening was and still is mind-blowing to think about.

We have Iain Hume coming out in January, Lonners in February and trying to arrange something with Sedds from the LEP to come on for a 'Meets...' episode, something a little bit different. Also talking to Danny Pugh, Lee Ashcroft, Jon Parkin and Chris Brown about coming on. Hoping to get something lined up in the future with Mark Lawrenson, Matt Hill, John Thomas, John Welsh and a couple of others.

We are also heading down to London in January to record a special episode with Colin Murray too. If you have anything in particular you would like us to ask Colin about, or Sedds (hopefully we will be meeting with him in the next few weeks or so) then feel free to DM us on here or on twitter. We usually put most of our stuff out on our twitter account as it's where we get the most interaction so if you aren't already, give us a follow on there - @fromthefinney.

Thanks for the kind words from you all though, appreciate it very much. We know we aren't perfect but we are trying. Also looking for a sponsor for the podcast so if anyone on here, or if anyone you know may be interested in getting involved, again, feel free to DM us on here, twitter or email us - fromthefinney@gmail.com

Big things coming then. Sounds good. (y)

Episode #27 of the pod is out now. As we took a few weeks off over Christmas we tried to jazz things up a bit in this episode. We were joined by Olly from Deepdale Digest, Bob from Preston Updates, the forum's very own JK, Jimmy Atkinson who has been on with us a couple of times in the past and our final guest, I'm sure you all know him, was Dave Seddon.

Give it a listen here if you so wish - podcast.fromthefinney.co.uk

You will be able to find us on all of the usual streaming places that you listen on, too. Spotify, Apple Podcasts and many more. As always, appreciate any feedback.

I agree with the overall spirit of the feedback. I enjoy the podcast but get frustrated with the lack of preparation for the chat - stuff about goalscorers, subs etc you should check before you start talking about it.

Conversely, the interviews have been excellent. Much more interesting than the official podcast ones. I've listened to the Grezza interview multiple times already.

My advice - more guests, and shorter but better prepared chat when no guests.

Good to hear you mention the problems we have if we don't score in the first 20 minutes. This has been something we have been suffering with for a couple of years.

As an aside you made my Spotify 2019 wrapped!

I agree with the overall spirit of the feedback. I enjoy the podcast but get frustrated with the lack of preparation for the chat - stuff about goalscorers, subs etc you should check before you start talking about it.

Conversely, the interviews have been excellent. Much more interesting than the official podcast ones. I've listened to the Grezza interview multiple times already.

My advice - more guests, and shorter but better prepared chat when no guests.
Thanks for the feedback.

Interviews are tough as it's hard getting in touch with people and then nailing down a date, time, venue etc. Hence us only doing 1 a month at the moment.

Re: weekly podcasts. We do prepare as best as possible but as the nature is to just come across as a chat between friends down the pub, it sometimes takes us in unplanned directions, as any conversation does and thus, we end up being less prepared for those instances. We'll keep it in mind though, cheers!

Thanks for the feedback.

Interviews are tough as it's hard getting in touch with people and then nailing down a date, time, venue etc. Hence us only doing 1 a month at the moment.

Re: weekly podcasts. We do prepare as best as possible but as the nature is to just come across as a chat between friends down the pub, it sometimes takes us in unplanned directions, as any conversation does and thus, we end up being less prepared for those instances. We'll keep it in mind though, cheers!
Cheers. In terms of the planning, yes, I don't expect it to be scripted - but a basic fact sheet of who scored recently etc would help. I noticed how quick Dave Seddon was to give names for incidents.

Also, don't let the podcasts get too long. I'ld aim for 45 minutes max.

Cheers. In terms of the planning, yes, I don't expect it to be scripted - but a basic fact sheet of who scored recently etc would help. I noticed how quick Dave Seddon was to give names for incidents.

Also, don't let the podcasts get too long. I'ld aim for 45 minutes max.
Yeah, we aim for an hour tops but sometimes things can overrun. Last week's episode obviously an exception to the rule as it was a 'half-season review' type episode and we had 5 guests on so it was hard to cover everything with that many people on the pod.

I listened to the Alexander ones last week and I enjoyed them. Only slight bit of feedback I'd give as I know this sort of stuff isn't easy is to let the guest finish what they're saying. I thought you were trying to finish some of his answers for him possibly because you felt you had to speak a bit. I'd say let them say as much as they can.

And if you're going to interview players from before you watched us due to your age etc. maybe get some memories from 'older' fans. I'm sure you could get people on here give their opinions and memories of players which should help you.

Episode #28 of pod is out now - podcast.fromthefinney.co.uk

You can stream it through the link above on our web player and you can find it on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or wherever you usually stream your podcasts.