PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Good Listen as always and a balanced honest take on what is going on. Great point on last season we lost a horrible game and then bounced back , the danger this season is the short turnaround , already a small squad if we do not sign players it will be a long season.
Cheers, Ducky.

Another good pod. I'm fast becoming a fan...

As others have said, balanced views considering some of the moods amongst fans.

Would there be any scope for you to be able to speak to any recently departed players, perhaps somebody who has played under AN to get a view of the club from a players perspective?

Another good pod. I'm fast becoming a fan...

As others have said, balanced views considering some of the moods amongst fans.

Would there be any scope for you to be able to speak to any recently departed players, perhaps somebody who has played under AN to get a view of the club from a players perspective?
Had Welshy on for a “Meets...” episode, not sure how keen he’d be to come on and specifically talk about working under AN, though.

However,we might be getting a certain Top Cat on at some point...

Whilst I do enjoy the podcast, especially the Riddler interview, I would pick you up on one thing in the last episode. It's mentioned that we should be like Brentford in our "succession planning" because they bought Toney, knowing they would have the money from the sale of Watkins, but earlier in the piece it was mentioned that if we sold any of the big four then Storey, Ledson et al would be the ones to step in. Whilst not succession planning at the same level of investment as Brentford, it IS succession planning.

Whilst I do enjoy the podcast, especially the Riddler interview, I would pick you up on one thing in the last episode. It's mentioned that we should be like Brentford in our "succession planning" because they bought Toney, knowing they would have the money from the sale of Watkins, but earlier in the piece it was mentioned that if we sold any of the big four then Storey, Ledson et al would be the ones to step in. Whilst not succession planning at the same level of investment as Brentford, it IS succession planning.

And arguably because they've been here for a couple of years will be more suited to stepping up than a new signing would.

However I'm sure the point is also about reinvestment, something we have shown we don't do, certainly not to the level that is required.

It all comes back to Hugill at £8M and Robinson at £7M so close to £15M received (rough figure) and very very little spent. I don't think anyone thinks or expects us to reinvest even £10M of that but there should be enough wriggle room in the budget to not be put off a target just because he would cost around £2M...

And arguably because they've been here for a couple of years will be more suited to stepping up than a new signing would.

However I'm sure the point is also about reinvestment, something we have shown we don't do, certainly not to the level that is required.

It all comes back to Hugill at £8M and Robinson at £7M so close to £15M received (rough figure) and very very little spent. I don't think anyone thinks or expects us to reinvest even £10M of that but there should be enough wriggle room in the budget to not be put off a target just because he would cost around £2M...
Yeah I get the "level" of reinvestment in terms of succession planning, but we are planning in some form.

another Monday another listen , solid episode again gents. Agree on Neil, but maybe the DJ thing might be the straw that has broken the camels back. Ledson has developed into a proper championship midfielder it helps when you kick the ball and not the man. On fisher his attitude is questionable so if we offer a decent contract he should sign.

Had a listen before. Can't believe Fisher has never played more than 9 games in a row. It's insane that
I didn't quite get the point though, was this because he's injury prone or him and Alex have a rocky relationship?

@FTF you know where I stand, firm supporter, and good to see some discussion on lack of singnings and this narrative that seems to be getting traction with the luddites that they're all Alex's top targets! Good fucking dismantling of that boring argument.

Was hoping for some chat on Pearson also, as he was shite on Saturday in a game where we needed him to grab the game by the scruff but was miles off his best.

I didn't quite get the point though, was this because he's injury prone or him and Alex have a rocky relationship?

@FTF you know where I stand, firm supporter, and good to see some discussion on lack of singnings and this narrative that seems to be getting traction with the luddites that they're all Alex's top targets! Good fucking dismantling of that boring argument.

Was hoping for some chat on Pearson also, as he was shite on Saturday in a game where we needed him to grab the game by the scruff but was miles off his best.
I think through injury and suspension. It doesn't help the team when our best fullback cant play a decent run of games

I think through injury and suspension. It doesn't help the team when our best fullback cant play a decent run of games

Ok paddy 👍🏻 big fan of fisher of course, he's our best right back by a distance.

@FTF lads can id Rafferty's limitations a bit whilst I think this fella has done himself and our club extremely proud, but I totally understand their critique.

I mentioned something about this the previous week, but hard to judge Pearson in a game where we've been up against it for well over an hour. Can't take the game by the scruff of the neck when you're basically overloaded in the middle of the park.