PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Not sure I can think of another PNE player ever that people are so keen to make excuses for.

Whatever the issue is (and, at the risk of providing yet another excuse for his poor form, maybe he’s in a huff because nobody has come in for him), he needs to get over himself quickly.

If he can’t score, can’t assist AND can’t make his two interceptions and two tackles per game then he really isn’t much use to us right now.

Not sure I can think of another PNE player ever that people are so keen to make excuses for.

Whatever the issue is (and, at the risk of providing yet another excuse for his poor form, maybe he’s in a huff because nobody has come in for him), he needs to get over himself quickly.

If he can’t score, can’t assist AND can’t make his two interceptions and two tackles per game then he really isn’t much use to us right now.
He has 83% pass completion rate so far making 114 passes out of 134 so far this season.

He has won two thirds of tackles he has made this season. 4 tackles out of 6 attempted.

Probably one of most important players for setting the tempo and allowing us to dictate play with his position. I don't know many freescoring or assisting defensive midfielders. Don't understand why you have an issue with him...

That time of the week again.

We discuss a memorable first trip to the new Brentford Community Stadium and we also have an exclusive interview with Randers FC’s assistant coach, Rasmus Bertelsen.

Just halfway through the chat with rasmus, seems to me we're getting a good player already with scope for huge development. Can't wait to see him get going.

I didn't quite get the point though, was this because he's injury prone or him and Alex have a rocky relationship?

Re Fisher, certainly last season he had a poor December availability wise however it wasn't that bad...

In fact he was suspended for the Boxing Day game vs Leeds and then was then available for every game bar Millwall at home. So in the last 23 games of the season he missed one through injury, none through suspension but was an unused sub 8 times.

I think he hadn't fully recovered from the hernia opp he had.

Good Pod, must make it easier when we win and score 4. Good few points especially on the goals conceded lets hope they get to work on this during the international break. A Good start to the games after the break and we should be well set, can you see any more deals being done ?

As we gear up for the new site launching, we're going to be opening up a new monthly mailbag/fan letters section. Provided we get enough interest that is.

If you've got something to moan about, something to praise the club about, a player you want to talk about, anything at all North End related, let us know and we'll publish it.

Just email us on - fromthefinney@gmail.com.

From the Finney Meets... Sean Gregan - out now.

Just finished it, not long enough!!! Haha
Honestly Jake, he's the greatest player I've ever seen wear the shirt, and that period he is right - the team spirit the togetherness absolutely unreal. Probs will have to give it another listen.

Just a side note for @Joanpne ; greegs discusses the smashed up dressing room after the Leeds playoff.
Be worth giving that section a listen 👍🏻

Just finished it, not long enough!!! Haha
Honestly Jake, he's the greatest player I've ever seen wear the shirt, and that period he is right - the team spirit the togetherness absolutely unreal. Probs will have to give it another listen.

Just a side note for @Joanpne ; greegs discusses the smashed up dressing room after the Leeds playoff.
Be worth giving that section a listen 👍🏻

Thank you so much, I will certainly give it a listen.

second listen to the gregan chat now, really enjoyed it, of course.
spose one of the reasons why i'm such a huge fan of him is i was a young teen at the time he signed and it was the first time i'd seen such a giant play for us, going to deepdale to see him smashing into players, bossing games, being the driving force behind the side, always engaging with the crowd demanding more noise to me was just immense, gregan at deepdale is basically seared into my memory.

comes across as expected, the culture and time he played in was about work hard play hard, lost count how many times he mentioned squires haha them days are gone, in many ways thats good, but also its sad that the bond between the players and support has broken really. he also is a loyal fella, talked about his close bond with all the team but specifically rankine, which was so obvious to see when you're watching them both absolutely battling for the each other and the shirt. good memories, he is undoubtedly a north end legend, and always will be.

think hes right about the missed opportunities with the team and squad we had and were building, this build and collapse has plagued us ever since really. he's also right about fitness, i think he wouldve been a far far better player with enhanced elite level fitness, but its not always about that is it, fitness doesnt get you out of your seat and give you memories forever, its the player, the character, the contribution. gregan - legend!

Will deffo be giving the Gregan episode a listen, what a legend.

There was a time when he was literally carrying us on his own week in & week out.

Very rarely had a bad game, may not have been the most talented but gave everything he had & left it all out there which is good enough for me.