PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Going alright on this Gaffr league, much prefer it to FPL.
I'm a big fan, mainly as I'm #2 in that league at the minute 😂

Short and concise podcast out last night from the QPR game as mentioned above. Usual script, let us know your thoughts too.

A shocking revelation from Oli in this week’s pod. Available in all the usual places now.

Good pod.

FULLBACKS

When we look at the names we have missed out on in the last 18 months.
fully formed my opinion on the fullbacks now paddy - i bet you're chuffed about that :D

i have always defended rafferty and hughes whilst always acknowledging their limitations, they're decent and always put in a 6 to 8 out of 10 performance in, for their ability

but its blatantly obvious now that when our press and midfield cannot dominate the game, like it did at qpr and huddersfield, we need other ways to hurt the opposition. last two teams we've played both had excellent fullbacks/wingbacks, where ours are quite rudimentary and do not get high up the pitch, take chances or cause the opposition any sort of real danger; they just dont have the attributes required

so where i see just blatant unjustified criticism of either fullback thats not true, but just born our of frustration then id defend them, but we cannot have a go at refferty or hughes because he isnt as threatening going forward as romeo malone or pipa or toffolo; we just dont have them players, we just cannot criticize them for not being able to do something they cannot do

we need earl to grab this chance thats in front of him now and offer what we're lacking, its a big ask for him but hes got such a massive opportunity to improve this team, and can fisher avoid these knocks? rafferty and huges both have their place in this squad, and deservedly so but lastnight absolutely clearly identified our deficiency of lack of attacking threat from the wide areas

It's always a good listen but I feel there are too many excuses for the home form on last night's pod. "We've played 4 good teams" - no, we haven't. Cardiff were poor, Stoke were garbage, Millwall didn't have to do any defending. Take me back to last season - we only beat Birmingham, Hull and Charlton at home after Christmas didn't we? Two of those were relegated. Is that the level we should be happy with?
The last two home games have been absolutely awful to watch and it's okay to call it out as not good enough.

I like the tactical review by Oli on this podcast - we were sat far too deep and our lack of quality to break teams down at home is very apparent at the moment. Our defensive fullbacks (Hughes and Raff) they are very limited going forward - time to give Earl a go at left full back I think now more than ever. If we can get Darnell fit for the next game it will make a big difference offensively.

I am not sure how far away Pearson is away but last night he was a big miss. Browne cannot do the Pearo role. He needs to find a way of being more progressive in midfield and play with two creative midfielders perhaps starting Harrop and DJ together at home. I think we need to start Barky and Sinclair on the flanks - I wouldn't even mind seeing Bodin play to help unlock a low block with some trickery.

I think he needs to trust his players (rotate the squad) and take the shackles off - let them play positively and go after the opposition. He is lucky there were no fans at the stadium - I think it would have been very toxic. I think we should beat Birmingham on Saturday as long as we are positive from the off and play quickly.

It's always a good listen but I feel there are too many excuses for the home form on last night's pod. "We've played 4 good teams" - no, we haven't. Cardiff were poor, Stoke were garbage, Millwall didn't have to do any defending. Take me back to last season - we only beat Birmingham, Hull and Charlton at home after Christmas didn't we? Two of those were relegated. Is that the level we should be happy with?
The last two home games have been absolutely awful to watch and it's okay to call it out as not good enough.

The 4 sides who’ve come to Deepdale’s away form.

P16: W9, D5, L2.
GS 18, GC 8. Very good away sides.
They’re 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th in the “away” table.

The 4 sides who’ve come to Deepdale’s away form.

P16: W9, D5, L2.
GS 18, GC 8. Very good away sides.
They’re 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th in the “away” table.
I see what you're saying, but we're only 4 games in. I saw at least 3 poor to average sides at Deepdale, who found themselves playing against a side which didn't know how to attack at home, and hasn't done so for almost a calendar year. It's a massive concern.

Good pod as always and a fair assessment of the game on Saturday I thought.

Particularly enjoyed the analysis of a potential 442

We were joined by George Hodgson, PNE reporter for LancsIve for our monthly review episode. There’s also a little bit from Neil Mellor.

So who's who, on here?? I'm just listening to the podcast now and trying to voices to usernames :)

Not sure why it makes me smile so much, I spend all this time here reading words on a screen. I must read them in my own head sounding all posh or something, because I listen to the podcast and it reminds me we're in Preston :ROFLMAO:

Great job fellas - needs some female input though. Any takers??!