PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Happy 2021 everyone! šŸ˜³

Couldnt disagree more with regard to right back and Alan Browne. He's played there multiple times and been, at best, average. At worst, horrendous.

Fisher's coverage of the back post is not great, but Browne's is Sunday league. Stevie Wonder would have more of an idea where Jake Bidwell was when we played Swansea.

The biggest problem for me with Browne at right back is the passing between the channels. Fisher is very consistent at finding feet/ chest of the striker. Browne doesnt have the ability to make those passes regularly and we lose a vital outlet.

Listened to the latest podcast last night. Although I had my usual disagreements with Oli (that's fine, it's a game of opinions), the Ched Evans stuff was handled beautifully with plenty of class. Very well done.

just finished laird's chat
what a fucking guy eh
and glad you discussed him being dropped for the play off final because i didnt agree with it, never a fan of Small forest personally, but scotty never let us down gutted for him that he was left out

and what a goal v man united - great story

Was Laird asked about the reasons behind that fella running on the pitch and belting him at Stevenage?

Listened to the latest podcast last night. Although I had my usual disagreements with Oli (that's fine, it's a game of opinions), the Ched Evans stuff was handled beautifully with plenty of class. Very well done.
Thank you very much, djwoody.

I've had a listen to the last two. I think it's fucking brilliant. Totally agree about the FA Cup. Keep up the good work. Change nothing as the best podcasts just do their own thing and don't listen to feedback.

Well handled on the Ched Evans although only a total weirdo would support the signing on either front but handled brilliantly nevertheless.

Listening to the podcast - nicely put together :)

I am surprised you mentioned the cup - its a bit of a mute point in such a compressed season? I don't think there should be cup competitions in a COVID season. I think rest and recuperation after the heavy schedule over the past few months would be more welcome to all squads across all divisions rather than more fixtures. Our cup performance showed our lack of strength in depth and the need for first choice signings rather than fourth/fifth choice options.

I think we do need to ship out Ripley, Rafu, Moult, Harrop, Stockley, Nugent, Bodin. We need to try and get some loans for our youngsters to help their development: Walker, O'Reilly, Baxter, Coulton and Holland-Wilkinson.

We need some key signings over the next few windows - 1 GK (1 perm), 1 RB (1 perm), 2 CBs (1 loan and 1 perm), 2 CM (Whiteman now and one in summer to replace Molumby on loan), 2 Wingers (tricky dribblers) and 1 Striker. We need to extend Fisher and Browne - the rest I accept sadly will go (Davies, Pearo, DJ) - hopefully for a fee rather than a pre contract but obviously much less than we should have got for them losing Ā£20M+.

It will probably take 2-3 windows to get this sorted but we need to learn from this experience and look to tie players down who expire in 2022 early rather than leave it until the last minute....

I was interested in perhaps another interview with the club - any chance of getting someone from the club on again anytime soon?

Listening to the podcast - nicely put together :)

I am surprised you mentioned the cup - its a bit of a mute point in such a compressed season? I don't think there should be cup competitions in a COVID season. I think rest and recuperation after the heavy schedule over the past few months would be more welcome to all squads across all divisions rather than more fixtures. Our cup performance showed our lack of strength in depth and the need for first choice signings rather than fourth/fifth choice options.

I think we do need to ship out Ripley, Rafu, Moult, Harrop, Stockley, Nugent, Bodin. We need to try and get some loans for our youngsters to help their development: Walker, O'Reilly, Baxter, Coulton and Holland-Wilkinson.

We need some key signings over the next few windows - 1 GK (1 perm), 1 RB (1 perm), 2 CBs (1 loan and 1 perm), 2 CM (Whiteman now and one in summer to replace Molumby on loan), 2 Wingers (tricky dribblers) and 1 Striker. We need to extend Fisher and Browne - the rest I accept sadly will go (Davies, Pearo, DJ) - hopefully for a fee rather than a pre contract but obviously much less than we should have got for them losing Ā£20M+.

It will probably take 2-3 windows to get this sorted but we need to learn from this experience and look to tie players down who expire in 2022 early rather than leave it until the last minute....

I was interested in perhaps another interview with the club - any chance of getting someone from the club on again anytime soon?
Thanks for the kind words again, Mr. M.

Next couple of windows, this one included, are massive. Time to shift on some of the players whom it feels have run their course here and time to actually replace them with quality. Molumby and Iversen, on paper at least, indicate that we seem to be open to trying to utilise the loan market and bring in some quality on loan. Let's hope it continues and we can get a couple of permanent deals over the line this window, hopefully starting with Ben Whiteman.

Might have something in the coming weeks.

Downloaded the podcast, but saw it is nearly as long as a match. Seriously... max 45 minutes boys!
Two parter this week @Chartley - got to make sure we did both the Wycombe and Transfers bit justice.

I listen to podcasts on 1.2x speed, keeps it under an hour then.

Nice one for the feedback chaps, and as Jake said - keep your eyes peeled for a couple of potential guests over the next month or so.

Enjoyed it. Dont agree with a lot but thats good sometimes.
Your loyalty to and apparant love of Neil is however worrying.
Diamond's and wing backs number 10s. Bla bla bla simple game and basic lack of passion.
Enjoyed though honest šŸ˜

Liked the suggestion of Josh Emmanuel from Hull. I liked the look of him when he was on loan at Rotherham a few years ago from Ipswich.

Not sure heā€™ll be available though as he only joined Hull in the summer.