PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

Good listen as always.

My highlight was the rebuttal of Ridsdale's talk of the play-offs: "I'll give you a reason we can't make the play-offs - we've won 3 in 13 and our manager has the worst CV in the top 4 divisions of English football." :LOL:
Cheers, Thracia.

Very impassioned episode this week, felt good after the recording though, it was like therapy for all three of us ha.

Personally I don’t enjoy your podcasts as not balanced and realistic.
Fair enough, I gather we aren't everyone's cup of tea. What is it about the episodes that you don't find balanced or realistic? As Cali says, happy to have you on with us one week if you like.

Probably one of my favourite names of a pod for this week. "Frankie's Magic Bag" is out now in all the usual places. Also, some bonus bad Neil Warnock impressions in this episode.

Two-parter with Billy Bodin is out now. Lots of great stuff in this one but the overriding feeling from Bill, for me at least, was just one of frustration and feeling messed around toward the end of his time at the club. Part one and part two are available to stream now.

Part one 👇

Part two 👇

Class player Billy, but not fit enough in every sense from injury resilience to general top end match fitness

But talented player

Personal highlights obviously goal v west ham which was incredible and his first half away performance (I think 1-1) at Nottingham forest where he was on a different level to everyone on the pitch.

Great episode summing up the past week. Where is box office @baysidepne? Have you locked him in the cellar? :)
I've had a few things on last couple of weekends Mr M (how inconsiderate of the wife to have her birthday on a podcast day 😂) but should be back this weekend if I'm allowed out the cellar 😉

Somehow managed to rescue an episode of sorts yesterday. It’s out now.

Interesting version of the podcast this week - I actually like fan voice notes as an idea where people give views of the game almost like the old style phone in where we can leave a voice note after the game and then hear from different fans on what they think of the game.

I do agree with the sentiment here - desperate for change for here on and off the pitch to deliver a cohesive strategy to get us to the promise land. We don't expect to win every week but we want to see identity, patterns of play and excitement. At present, how we attack and defend as a team is very dull to watch. No real approach apart from a very deep defensive line and nicking something off a set-piece or some magic.

Derby day results are pitiful this season - fans are walking with their feet and players seem frustrated to me with our setup and output. We are sliding down the table and the outward message from the club is to accept what we see.

Nice to hear from Oli after all of this time :)
Very shrewd observations about how we played. Interesting to hear about how ineffective Evans was on duels, the view on wingbacks on 1v1s and the lack of identity/flexibility in our play. Where would we be without Riis or Iversen? In January, I feel we need an investment in defenders and giving Riis an effective strike partner who chips in with a few goals. Perhaps selling some players or paying off contracts.

Any Christmas specials lined up @FTF ?

How far did you get in before noticing?
Don't mate it's a delicate subject 😂

The moment Jake went to press Stop Recording and it didn't say that.

I've got a short clip of the moment Jake's face melted when it happened which I'm sure will get leaked eventually.....