Podcasts - Anyone listen to them?

For some reason podcasts have always passed me by. Never thought to look into them but the past couple of months I've become addicted to them. I commute 2 hours a day so they're great for that. The ones I've listed to recently have been Serial (series 1) and S-Town, both absolutely brilliant. Anyone have any recommendations?

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
I tried to get into them a while back but struggled, mainly because I couldn't find a decent footy one. Sunday Supplement (recorded from the Sky tv programme) might be worth a look though I found it hard to hear some of the comments.

Sports Lawyer

Youth Team
I subscribe to a few. I am an Apple fan and so download them from iTunes.

My catalogue is as follows: -

i) NY Giants Weekly (NFL New York Giants podcast)
ii) Inside the Huddle (Skysports NFL podcasts with Neil Reynolds and Jeff Reinbold)
iii) Apple Byte (An Apple podcast discussing everything Apple)
iv) The Magic Sponge with Jimmy Bullard, Rob Beckett and Ian Smith (Football discussion with former players, it is superb and very funny)
v) The Gary Neville Podcast (A short weekly podcast from G Nev usually following the super Sunday game he does on sky)
vi) Flintoff and Holcroft (A podcast of all things Freddie Flintoff although it hasn't really been updated in a while)

I have been told about Serial and i am about to subscribe to that also.

If you can also find them, the old Ricky Gervais podcasts from over 10 years ago with Karl Pilkington and Steve Merchant are all very funny too.

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
For some reason podcasts have always passed me by. Never thought to look into them but the past couple of months I've become addicted to them. I commute 2 hours a day so they're great for that. The ones I've listed to recently have been Serial (series 1) and S-Town, both absolutely brilliant. Anyone have any recommendations?

desert island disks - it should be on any school curiculum
The Danny Baker show
Friday night comedy show
drama of the week
Saturday live
All grace the Edgy iphone

Worthington

Manager
Wasn't aware of this. Listened to 3 or 4 now. Utter surreal bollocks.....I love it. Funny as fuck.

Just wait until you get up to about Number 24..............Steve McClaren and Casper the snake.

Remember this post when you get there "That's my haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair islaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!"

Nice One.

Hitch 22

Forum Patron
Patron
Not really sport but my favourites are
Elis James and John Robbins xfm (funniest) Also absolute radio Jason Manford and Frank Skinner can be funny.
Ign for gaming although the language can be bad.
I like the comedians comedian where Stuart Goldsmith interviews a different comedian every week to discuss their craft.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

OP
Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

Manager
Just listened to an episode of Athletico Mince on the train down to London. Actually had to stop at one point as I was pissing myself and people were starting to stare.

Worthington

Manager
Just listened to an episode of Athletico Mince on the train down to London. Actually had to stop at one point as I was pissing myself and people were starting to stare.

Glad you enjoyed it.
They used to come out every Friday, but they have been doing live shows lately so there haven't been any podcasts for a few weeks so I've been listening back to old ones and they still get me.
It's one that you really have to listen to in order as characters and stories start to build week on week as Bob and Andy get into doing the podcasts.

Nice One.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
Just wait until you get up to about Number 24..............Steve McClaren and Casper the snake.

Remember this post when you get there "That's my haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair islaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!"

Nice One.

Heard the "hair island" song in a couple of the ones I've listened to, but as I've been just picking random episodes out, I'm unsure where it originates from. I think I'm gonna start at the beginning and work through em.

Just listened to the "Borthwick" episode from November 25th - Harry Kane, Wilshire, Rooney etc in the bogs at the Burton training complex....

Nearly pissed myself at the voice he does for Kane.

Genius.

Worthington

Manager
Heard the "hair island" song in a couple of the ones I've listened to, but as I've been just picking random episodes out, I'm unsure where it originates from. I think I'm gonna start at the beginning and work through em.

Just listened to the "Borthwick" episode from November 25th - Harry Kane, Wilshire, Rooney etc in the bogs at the Burton training complex....

Genius.

Definitely do them in order and then you know how it all develops. Wait till you hear his voices for Phil Jones and Marc Rashford.

Nice One.

OP
Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

Manager

Genius.

It was the same kind of thing that got me. Doing a voice for Marcus Rashford and Phil Jones that almost had me in tears. Was fucking brilliant.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
Hahaha yeah, I heard Rashford and Jones yesterday. The tattoo parlour episode.

Rashford sounds like Michael Jackson in 50s Alabama, and Jones a docile cunt from Burnley.

Class.