Podcasts - Anyone listen to them?

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
For those of you who like the whole true crime stuff, I'd highly recommend the Sword and Scale podcasts.

They're absolutely exceptional.

Eddie Kelly

First Team
For those of you who like the whole true crime stuff, I'd highly recommend the Sword and Scale podcasts.

They're absolutely exceptional.

Casefile is the GOAT of true crime.

Sword and Scale
Minds of Madness
They Walk Among Us
UK True Crime (Leeds fan)
True Crime Enthusiast
True Crime All The Time

All very good.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Undr the cosh have just done 2 with Clarke Carlisle. PNE and Westley get a mention in the 2nd one. Both worth a listen, 3 hours in total.

Dr Marten

First Team
Undr the cosh have just done 2 with Clarke Carlisle. PNE and Westley get a mention in the 2nd one. Both worth a listen, 3 hours in total.

I'm a few episodes behind with Undr the Cosh and I always like to listen in sequence but I might skip forward for this one. Have you noticed in the last couple of series the episodes have got longer and longer? I've just finished the John Beresford one which was very entertaining but at 2 and 1/2 hours, it took me 2 days to get through it on the commute to and from work. I used to manage an episode per day in the same journey.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm a few episodes behind with Undr the Cosh and I always like to listen in sequence but I might skip forward for this one. Have you noticed in the last couple of series the episodes have got longer and longer? I've just finished the John Beresford one which was very entertaining but at 2 and 1/2 hours, it took me 2 days to get through it on the commute to and from work. I used to manage an episode per day in the same journey.

They have got longer yes, easily 90 minutes each one now so a 2 parter touches 3 hours. I'm same with the commute, mine is only 30 mins each way so can easily be a couple of days to get through it...

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Hillsborough: the Full Story is tough going but only a couple of episodes in

You're dead to me - all history related but includes one about origins of football and a section on Dick Kerr Ladies

northender2

Manager
just listening to the 2nd one now, interesting to hear he actually hated PNE most of his life because the club rejected his dad and didnt give him a trial as a kid

KeithLard

Advisor to the Owner
Just finished the Clarke Carlisle episodes. Loved them and Clarke, as I expected, is a really nice, sound guy. He's had his demons, and they aren't his fault. Glad he's a lot better now. Seemingly he must have moved back to Preston too, he's a member of Ashton & Lea Golf Club with Lonners & Lucas.

Not surprised he said he hated North End! I get that. Shame we didn't get him earlier in his career because he was a very good defender at his peak.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Just finished the Clarke Carlisle episodes. Loved them and Clarke, as I expected, is a really nice, sound guy. He's had his demons, and they aren't his fault. Glad he's a lot better now. Seemingly he must have moved back to Preston too, he's a member of Ashton & Lea Golf Club with Lonners & Lucas.

Not surprised he said he hated North End! I get that. Shame we didn't get him earlier in his career because he was a very good defender at his peak.
He was with us a young kid but got released early and ended up with the Lashers. He once told me that was probably the most hurt he had been in football cause all he had wanted to do was play for us.

I'm a big fan of Undr The Cosh Podcasts. So much so that I've become a member on the Patreon App. The Chris Browns & the Beast deserve to make a success of such an entertaining podcast. Lots of fascinating & very entertaining insight from many current & ex pros. Also , some insight in to mental illness struggles from the likes of Clarke Carlisle & Dean Windass....

If you are looking for a laugh for an hour and a half plus, give the episode with Paul Beesley (Ex Wigan, Leeds, Man City, Sheff United centre back) a listen.... Stories about Billy Whitehurst & the Greyhound etc are insane

KeithLard

Advisor to the Owner
Cheers BW.(y)

After doing the PNE ones - Ormerod, McKenna, Sedgwick, Carlisle, I'm working through the others now from the start after also doing Kevin Campbell and Geoff Horsfield.

Andy Griffin's the first one. He's pretty dull and you could tell he wasn't committed to tell all like others.

Parkin is relentlessly funny though. And the Podcasts confirmed Kevin Blackwell is a cunt as I always suspected.

Korol

Football Expert
Patron
'The Price of Football' is a good listen. Lots of episodes covering different topics which gives real insight into certain things.

Episodes include FFP, Agents, Stadium sales etc. Led by Kieran Maguire, who's a football finance expert at the University of Liverpool.

Cheers BW.(y)

After doing the PNE ones - Ormerod, McKenna, Sedgwick, Carlisle, I'm working through the others now from the start after also doing Kevin Campbell and Geoff Horsfield.

Andy Griffin's the first one. He's pretty dull and you could tell he wasn't committed to tell all like others.

Parkin is relentlessly funny though. And the Podcasts confirmed Kevin Blackwell is a cunt as I always suspected.
The podcasts also confirms that Gary Megson is in the same bracket as Blackwell!... It's well worth a listen to thelatest podcast with Alan Rodgers... Amongst other tales is the tale of the "Gunman at the training ground" & the clip of said incident that Undr The Cosh have shared on Twitter. Has to be the best football wind up ever... Hilarious !.... "It's not Pat !!"

Minty pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Cheers BW.

Listened to the Campbell one today, brilliant. The Cloughie story 'don't hurt me Campbell. Don't you fucking hurt me' :ROFLMAO:

Doc Brown

Advisor to the Owner
Cheers BW.(y)

I've listened to most of the PNE-related episodes, and a couple of others too. I'd say the Mark Crossley podcast is the best one - a genuinely great listen for an hour or two. Some classic Clough stories.

If I was being hyper-critical, I'd say Parkin, as much as he is the USP of the podcast, is a little too reliant on swearing which probably limits their audience to a degree. Without him, though, it would barely be worth listening to - he is the life and soul of it.

Dr Marten

First Team
I've listened to most of the PNE-related episodes, and a couple of others too. I'd say the Mark Crossley podcast is the best one - a genuinely great listen for an hour or two. Some classic Clough stories.

If I was being hyper-critical, I'd say Parkin, as much as he is the USP of the podcast, is a little too reliant on swearing which probably limits their audience to a degree. Without him, though, it would barely be worth listening to - he is the life and soul of it.

Don't bother with the Leon Knight two-parter because the guy is an absolute Bell end. Seriously it was the first time I considered switching off and it was only Chris Brown challenging him on his attitude for a micro second that gave me the faith to listen to the end. However I thought he came across as having a huge chip on his shoulder and had barely any respect for anyone apart from himself.

Don't bother with the Leon Knight two-parter because the guy is an absolute Bell end. Seriously it was the first time I considered switching off and it was only Chris Brown challenging him on his attitude for a micro second that gave me the faith to listen to the end. However I thought he came across as having a huge chip on his shoulder and had barely any respect for anyone apart from himself.
Whilst I completely agree that Knight comes across as a bell end of jaw dropping proportions, who must have been a nightmare to manage and play with. I still feel it is a worthwhile and entertaining listen. I don't think there was much point in the lads challenging him on his attitude because, as you rightly said, there is only one opinion that counts and that is his. Still some fascinating dialogue & laugh out loud moments in it

??

Shit house !??

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron

The Nicky Weaver one is very good as well.