PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Police Commander of the game against BurnleyFC

They would only have needed to walk to the bus station, surely?
raefil: surely yes, but because it was an 8pm kick off for the Sky Coverage making it a later than normal end of the Match, and that becomes a knock on effect because of the time people are needing to reach bus station for a connection of the 2nd Bus.

We wanted to turn left of the club car park to head for Leyland, via Bamber Bridge where my daughter and grandson live, and via Euxton where my mother in law lives, but the officer I spoke to asked me to turn right towards Fulwood, intimating that we could go that way round instead. Unfortunately, we got stuck going in the wrong direction, as that end of the road was blocked too, which was very misleading on the officers part. Now, had we have known before the game that they were going to shut the road completely for a length of time, or had the police just stated that they were going to be opening the road soon, and to remain on the car park until I could in fact turn left, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. My wife and I didn't get home until just before midnight, after dropping the others off, and bearing in mind we had to be back up at 5am for work, we were not best pleased about the situation. I do not see this so much as a club issue personally, which is why I e-mailed the constabulary on Wednesday afternoon to vent my displeasure. Today, I have had a letter from the police, to say that they are going to look into the complaint, and that someone will be in touch with me about it, but I won't hold my breath.

We wanted to turn left of the club car park to head for Leyland, via Bamber Bridge where my daughter and grandson live, and via Euxton where my mother in law lives, but the officer I spoke to asked me to turn right towards Fulwood, intimating that we could go that way round instead. Unfortunately, we got stuck going in the wrong direction, as that end of the road was blocked too, which was very misleading on the officers part. Now, had we have known before the game that they were going to shut the road completely for a length of time, or had the police just stated that they were going to be opening the road soon, and to remain on the car park until I could in fact turn left, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. My wife and I didn't get home until just before midnight, after dropping the others off, and bearing in mind we had to be back up at 5am for work, we were not best pleased about the situation. I do not see this so much as a club issue personally, which is why I e-mailed the constabulary on Wednesday afternoon to vent my displeasure. Today, I have had a letter from the police, to say that they are going to look into the complaint, and that someone will be in touch with me about it, but I won't hold my breath.
Grand Tour. I can't agree with you more than what you have just stated and also that not everyone is as fit as they used to be when walking around on foot. Meaning that quite a few members of pne online have replied that supporters are able to walk to the bus station, but as I have previously stated not everyone is as fit and healthy like they were back in the day. I have emailed pne but I haven't received a reply, I am wondering if I've entered the correct email address
management@pnefc.com I didn't get a not known email address. But if you are aware of which email address I need to use please let me know it.

I have also emailed Preston Labour Party MP Sir Mark Hendrick about the diabolical decision by the Police Commander, but being as it's parliaments summer vacation period I won't hold my breath.

Cheers for the reply NG White because a lot of what you've stated is absolutely right, especially if and when we are promoted to the Premiership, but I am stating that the buses were not able to reach the bus stop for supporters to get onto the bus whilst those 3 Police Minibuses were blocking access for the vehicles to travel. Meaning myself and lots of other PNE supporters weren't going to catch a bus, so I and others wasn't seated on the bus.

Ok sorry, I don't know exactly where you get on to the bus outside Deepdale to get to the bus station.

Grand Tour. I can't agree with you more than what you have just stated and also that not everyone is as fit as they used to be when walking around on foot. Meaning that quite a few members of pne online have replied that supporters are able to walk to the bus station, but as I have previously stated not everyone is as fit and healthy like they were back in the day. I have emailed pne but I haven't received a reply, I am wondering if I've entered the correct email address
management@pnefc.com I didn't get a not known email address. But if you are aware of which email address I need to use please let me know it.

I have also emailed Preston Labour Party MP Sir Mark Hendrick about the diabolical decision by the Police Commander, but being as it's parliaments summer vacation period I won't hold my breath.
use enquiries@pnefc.com

Just to add to my previous post, that I too am physically disabled, as is my daughter, my 14 y/o grandson is mentally disabled, and he had to be up for school the next morning, and my mother in law is in her late eighties. Not that any of this info makes much difference to our scenario, but it just "paints a picture" for folk reading this.

Just to add to my previous post, that I too am physically disabled, as is my daughter, my 14 y/o grandson is mentally disabled, and he had to be up for school the next morning, and my mother in law is in her late eighties. Not that any of this info makes much difference to our scenario, but it just "paints a picture" for folk reading this.
Grand Tour. I have to overwhelmingly thank you for your reply and the true facts about the monstrous decision by the Police Commander of the PNEFC vs BurnleyFC game afterwards of the proceedings. Blocking Deepdale Road Totally in two separate places of Deepdale Road as for myself I am the sufferer of an Acquired Brain Injury since October 2008 which as caused quite a few ailments personally to myself one of means I can no longer run and I have to walk with a gait.

I was formerly a Apprenticeship Served Joiner prior to being assaulted and fracturing my Skull on the Kerbstone.

A lot of the fellow pne online members have replied that people can walk to the bus station.

A key point here is telling people in advance and that they rarely bother. They did at least say that Lowthorpe Road would be blocked.

However they had so many officers blocking the road by the park that there were none in the key areas where the different sets of fans started to mix namely the kop car park, Park Side and STFW heading up past sainsburys where there were several groups of Burnley fans looking for aggro, and also blocking the roads by walking on it. Not a single copper to be seen.

Still, I was back home in Chorley by 10:20 so can’t complain too much.

Let's ignore the football fans for a moment, there were probably just people on a bus that couldn't get through. Also I parked on that Moor Park path, it was blocked. I spoke to the police and pointed at my car, it was 10 yds away. I had to walk all the way round and then back and still managed to talk to the officer who stopped me. It made no sense, surely let me get to my car and get out of there rather than send me down St George's Rd and back up.

raefil: no trouble then, for supporters who are going to Bamber Bridge. But not everyone is as fit as they were when younger, or for example on the many occasions I have caught the bus to Deepdale Stadium a few older aged people who simply love watching pne from the past of when Finney was still doing his skills, and some people use crutches.
For night games, I`d also have a check of the new Preston Bus times for the 19 and 6 going to town as they only run every hour now after 7pm.
So you`re looking at 9.45 or 10.20 ish for a 7.45ko.

For night games, I`d also have a check of the new Preston Bus times for the 19 and 6 going to town as they only run every hour now after 7pm.
So you`re looking at 9.45 or 10.20 ish for a 7.45ko.
Bazooka Joe: So what you're stating is that even when there's a football night game taking place after 7pm Preston Bus pay no attention to this fact?

I think the stopping of traffic going down Deepdale Road for a period of time makes a lot of sense and makes the egress of people from the stadium a far safer experience.

The same is done at the Manchester arena allowing people to walk safely into Manchester.
They were parked so far across the road though, that folks were having to sidestep a bench to get access to Moor Park avenue. If they did it so they could funnel Burnley fans down Moor Park avenue, it didn’t work, because Burnley fans and PNE fans were walking down Moor Park Avenue together.
luckily enough everyone was well behaved.

Let's ignore the football fans for a moment, there were probably just people on a bus that couldn't get through. Also I parked on that Moor Park path, it was blocked. I spoke to the police and pointed at my car, it was 10 yds away. I had to walk all the way round and then back and still managed to talk to the officer who stopped me. It made no sense, surely let me get to my car and get out of there rather than send me down St George's Rd and back up.
Plod's not paid to think.
Plod's paid to obey a Senior Officer's Direct Instructions.
---oOo---

This is a little bit like the debacle at Bloomfield last season. For the Commander of the game, they show inexperience of organising such Potentially Fraught (& at Blackpool it  was fraught) events, because these matches (these derby games ) are only Occasional Events tbh. So, these 'top brass' are on a heck of a Learning Curve... .

No, I don't know why they can't sit around a Bloody Big Table with -- Both Clubs Officials, Supporters Club Representatives, Public Transport Officials, Ambulance Officials, Residents/Local Councillors etc etc etc EITHER.

Stuck on a bus for ages going nowhere, maybe coming home from work or going to.
Yet you had to walk a small distance to get to your car, aye right.

Bazooka Joe: So what you're stating is that even when there's a football night game taking place after 7pm Preston Bus pay no attention to this fact?
Firstly, Preston bus timetable is a complete joke, I have to get the Bus each day and they always "lay" 2 buses off each hour (cannot get the drivers needed).
Having said that they have a night timetable to work to, so no, they are not just going to change it for a football match once every 2 weeks at most are they?.

As it stands at the moment I need to hang around for the last bus home (away from Town) or try and do a 40 minute walk home.

Plod's not paid to think.
Plod's paid to obey a Senior Officer's Direct Instructions.
---oOo---

This is a little bit like the debacle at Bloomfield last season. For the Commander of the game, they show inexperience of organising such Potentially Fraught (& at Blackpool it  was fraught) events, because these matches (these derby games ) are only Occasional Events tbh. So, these 'top brass' are on a heck of a Learning Curve... .

No, I don't know why they can't sit around a Bloody Big Table with -- Both Clubs Officials, Supporters Club Representatives, Public Transport Officials, Ambulance Officials, Residents/Local Councillors etc etc etc EITHER.
noelpne. Your reply is like a god send to what I have been trying to explain to you all on pne online, but ever since I have been suffering with an Acquired Brain Injury when I unfortunately fractured my Skull on a kerbstone in October 2008 I have had to learn how to read and write again, so compiling a written post on pne online as become more difficult for me.
I have been finding it trouble to make most fellow pnefc supporters on this forum to fully understand the issues with what that imbecile of a so-called Police Commander decided to do, and he should be put down a good few places in rank because of the mess he as caused. noelpne

I thought the police got it spot on and didn't see any issues.

Always going to be slight inconveniences when you have 5,500 dingles visiting.
There was an issue further down Deepdale Road towards the old PRI - albeit a fairly brief skirmish between opposing fans which spilled out onto the road. Lots of Burnley fans had clearly evaded the cordon. Eventually, mounted Police and a van arrived and herded the Burnley fans down Meadow Street.

There was an issue further down Deepdale Road towards the old PRI - albeit a fairly brief skirmish between opposing fans which spilled out onto the road. Lots of Burnley fans had clearly evaded the cordon. Eventually, mounted Police and a van arrived and herded the Burnley fans down Meadow Street.
Another good move! ;)