Policing of Blackpool Game - Meeting with Lancs Police

bobbydavro

Advisor to the Owner
some action at least well done

think they need a lot lot more work going forward tho

I doubt ill go to next seasons away game tho such abysmal stand, facilities, organisation...even rovers is a better away day

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
some action at least well done

think they need a lot lot more work going forward tho

I doubt ill go to next seasons away game tho such abysmal stand, facilities, organisation...even rovers is a better away day
At rovers and at Deepdale away coaches are directly behind the away stand. Its time for Blackpool to stop being stubborn and house away fans behind the goal in the north stand where coaches can be parked.

Its a really simple solution

Drunks

Forum Patron
Patron
They acknowledged that mistakes had been made and the routing of home and away supporters together out onto Bloomfield Road was not the best solution.

Wow, what a piece if genius. What boffin came up with this groundbreaker?

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
“the routing of home and away supporters together out onto Bloomfield Road was not the best solution.”

That’s understatement of the year.

I still can’t get my head around the fact that they had so much time to prepare for this & still stuffed it up.

GloucesterPete

Advisor to the Owner
There's an awful lot wrong with all if this.

I'm surprised that our local MP hasn't raised this.

Far too many serious errors of judgement in all of this for it to be dealt with at this level. Sounds like the Silver/Gold Commanders were totally our of their depth.

noelpne

Forum Patron
Patron
But it wasn't just Blackpool police's fault was it ?
The Club clearly believe it's more important to have Home Support behind both goals than the much more logical , easier to police , easier to get in/out (more turnstiles + no need to move any more coaches-of which there was a very limited no. of these from Deepdale/ Leyland ) and the long-side of the ground could have been successfully filled with 'pool supporters, with the behind the goals end successfully filled with PNE supporters. Then seal-off all the end totally, both in & out of the ground.
And an easier route in/out for a full no. of Coaches, with a MUCH easier job for the Cops.
It's so obvious, that it simply reveals the Bloomfield organisation as being Bloody Minded.
Will someone on here write this obvious suggestion to the Cheif-of-
Police , please, then he/she could STRONGLY suggest it to the Club.