PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

Does this warrant investigation like it would do if it was black people at the bottom of the pile?

I wonder if the hollow-headed likes of Dawn Butler will have anything to say about this.

One way of looking at it is that there has been 'progress' over the ten years, should you see higher education as an aspiration (which many don't).

It seems to me that anyone who are offended by something insist everyone else must be offended too

What do such people want? Us all to be robots

They have a choice they can ignore it, or if it’s on TV switch off or over

If it’s personal they can take it to the Law

Just why do such People think they have the right to dictate to others

Does this warrant investigation like it would do if it was black people at the bottom of the pile?

I wonder if the hollow-headed likes of Dawn Butler will have anything to say about this.

One way of looking at it is that there has been 'progress' over the ten years, should you see higher education as an aspiration (which many don't).

Surely they’re white and privileged?
Surely the white kids have good role models and the other kids don’t?

After all that’s what they keep telling us is the problem, isn’t it?

Seen a massive increase in uptake across White groups.

I'd be interested to see similar figures in apprenticeships. Far too much focus put on higher education when it isnt the right pathway for such a high percentage of people.

Seen a massive increase in uptake across White groups.

I'd be interested to see similar figures in apprenticeships. Far too much focus put on higher education when it isnt the right pathway for such a high percentage of people.
Would agree with that Paddy. The amount of money wasted on Mickey Mouse degrees is astonishing.

Wasn't there a few whispers a few months ago that the government were going to put more emphasis on vocational training? There's some great jobs out there, like carpenters and bricklayers just to name two, of which you can never have too many.

Would agree with that Paddy. The amount of money wasted on Mickey Mouse degrees is astonishing.

Wasn't there a few whispers a few months ago that the government were going to put more emphasis on vocational training? There's some great jobs out there, like carpenters and bricklayers just to name two, of which you can never have too many.
We sriously have, post Brexit, to head down this line.

Media degrees arent going to be much use to the country going forward.

Why do the journalists go out of their way to trip Johnson and the Science people up............ its as if they have had a bet before hand to see who can ask the most knobish question.. Kuensberg, Peston , Coates all asked questions designed to trip them up !

Kuensberg asked " When will we finally be able to declare the lockdown over ??? " ( or words to that effect )

First of all , he has just given you an exit plan and secondly, as Whitty pointed out, COVID is gonna be here forever as a seasonal virus !!!!

I turned it off in the end...................

We sriously have, post Brexit, to head down this line.

Media degrees arent going to be much use to the country going forward.
Not so sure about that - one strength the UK has is its creative industry. It has been a growing part of the economy and no reason to assume that won't continue, even post Brexit and post Covid as more things move online.

Do get your overall point though, and I am definitely a supporter of vocational education and apprenticeships.

They do this every 10 years. 20 years ago it got quite far and was starting to be successful but then they pulled it AGAIN