PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

I have done things like that all my sport- watching life - " that ginger bloke, that bald bloke , that short bloke, that tall bloke, that fat bloke etc etc etc " - it's just a way of identifying people..

Aye , I recall you heckling me from the sidelines once “ you good looking bastard “ you shouted.

I'm not exactly white skinned I'm sort of a washed out yellowy pink.. It's a colour !
Personally I'm quite fond of colour.. I prefer it to monochrome.

My mum always did, and still does, refer to black peoples as 'coloured' and she hasn't a racist bone in her body. It's the term she grew up using and she gets very frustrated when she feels she is using the wrong term and it is simply because she is not aware of which term is currently considered acceptable. It seems to change so much. I can't really see a difference either between the term 'people of colour', which is considered acceptable, and the term 'coloured people', which apparently now isn't. When I was younger we used the term 'half caste' which was replaced by 'mixed race' which now seems to have been replaced by 'dual heritage'. For the record, as a young lad at school, my first girlfriend was West Indian and my second was Indian. This was in the late 70s/early 80s and we often suffered nasty abuse from all sides if we were out together. Now, I have a black (Cuban) brother in Law, and a West Indian daughter in law. Neither takes offence at any label to describe their colour really, as long of course as it is not used in a derogatory or offensive fashion.

I'm not exactly white skinned I'm sort of a washed out yellowy pink.. It's a colour !
Personally I'm quite fond of colour.. I prefer it to monochrome.

Sounds pretty unattractive. Almost offensive as a hue. As if all the European blood, heritage and flavour has been drawn from you so youre left with a watered down stagnant residue!

My mum always did, and still does, refer to black peoples as 'coloured' and she hasn't a racist bone in her body. It's the term she grew up using and she gets very frustrated when she feels she is using the wrong term and it is simply because she is not aware of which term is currently considered acceptable. It seems to change so much. I can't really see a difference either between the term 'people of colour', which is considered acceptable, and the term 'coloured people', which apparently now isn't. When I was younger we used the term 'half caste' which was replaced by 'mixed race' which now seems to have been replaced by 'dual heritage'. For the record, as a young lad at school, my first girlfriend was West Indian and my second was Indian. This was in the late 70s/early 80s and we often suffered nasty abuse from all sides if we were out together. Now, I have a black (Cuban) brother in Law, and a West Indian daughter in law. Neither takes offence at any label to describe their colour really, as long of course as it is not used in a derogatory or offensive fashion.

Ah but you’re talking about decent rational people who are just getting on with life here Harry.

It’s the fucking liberal hand wringing tits with their faux outrage and offended on behalf of others who are doing untold damage .

If everyone just wore the progressive burqa then everything would be sorted.

Black, white, male, female non of it would matter. Oh and maybe ban talking, in case the pitch is offensive.

That’s what the liberals are pushing for, isn’t it?

If everyone just wore the progressive burqa then everything would be sorted.

Black, white, male, female non of it would matter. Oh and maybe ban talking, in case the pitch is offensive.

That’s what the liberals are pushing for, isn’t it?

What they are really pushing for is control - and that’s sinister.

Ah but you’re talking about decent rational people who are just getting on with life here Harry.

It’s the fucking liberal hand wringing tits with their faux outrage and offended on behalf of others who are doing untold damage .
Very true , Matic.

Sounds pretty unattractive. Almost offensive as a hue. As if all the European blood, heritage and flavour has been drawn from you so youre left with a watered down stagnant residue!

Yes but it is March and I have been mostly hibernating for several months now.. by August I will be a lovely shade of "brown"

Who have I offended this time ?

Love
Yes but it is March and I have been mostly hibernating for several months now.. by August I will be a lovely shade of "brown"

Who have I offended this time ?

Excellent news. Lets call it chestnut just to be on the safe side. Unless youre a loony I suppose.

Meanwhile back in the real world

The Morning papers are reporting Diane is afraid of assignation

Apparently (at least in the papers) She believes someone has photos of her covered on the walls of his bedroom

Relax Diane

It’s only ‘Our Dear Jeremy’ perhaps wishing his romance had never ended

As many of you know, I'm mixed race. Grandad came over from the Caribbean as part of the Windrush generation and married my Irish Grandmother.

We've always referred to black people as coloured in our family.

I've no problem whatsoever with the word, but I do understand that some folk do.

If you look at the comments from black and mixed people on the tweets regarding this Amber Rudd thing, it's pretty much an even 50/50 between those of us who are offended, and those of us who don't see what the fuss is all about.

One thing for certain though, I'm sick to the fucking back teeth of all this outrage at anything that is deemed to be even the slightest bit racist. It's making it look like we (people of colour ?) are right moaning sensitive bastards.... when in fact it's usually white folk that are telling us that we should be offended by X Y Z and instigating the 'outrage'

Well meaning as they are, I just think it's creating a lot of unnecessary animosity. It's spiralled completely out of control.

Missed this one yesterday but Christ Almighty we see common sense.............. Best if you keep it to yourself though 1880 because it doesn't fit in with " correctness " ( written by nuggets who know best ) .. :)

Good post...... I'd however have to disagree on one minor point. I don't actually think it's " faux ". They believe this shit is right which is even more worrying.

[QUOTE="portisheadpete]
Unless youre a loony I suppose.

I think you are confusing me with Raef..
[/QUOTE]

Didnt mean to offend you. I meant loonies/nutters that might get offended by the colour chestnut. Bit too oblique for my own good as usual.