PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

She is only relevant and heard while people listen to her and comment
simple solution is don't
if you actually look long enough she has no real talent or redeeming features at all
Ive had her blocked on twitter for a long time. Problem is occasionally some people screenshot her vile comments.

FWIW i blocked Terry christian tonight too. His attacks on ordinary people who voted for Brexit are getting to the same league as hopkins.

Ive had her blocked on twitter for a long time. Problem is occasionally some people screenshot her vile comments.

FWIW i blocked Terry christian tonight too. His attacks on ordinary people who voted for Brexit are getting to the same league as hopkins.
Screenshots are a pain in the arse for many people exercising their ability to block certain users, that's fair to say.

Don't blame you - while I follow many people I don't agree with to see all sides of an argument, I stopped bothering with Terry Christian a long time ago - not a very pleasant individual at all.

Screenshots are a pain in the arse for many people exercising their ability to block certain users, that's fair to say.

Don't blame you - while I follow many people I don't agree with to see all sides of an argument, I stopped bothering with Terry Christian a long time ago - not a very pleasant individual at all.
Is it because they are too far up their own arse that they are like that?

There has been some pretty unpleasant stuff from the extremes of both sides.. I was accused of being a fascist and racist some months back on Facebook.. it came completely out of the blue and after I'd given up trying to talk sensibly about Brexit on there for well over a year.

I laughed it off as the guy in question targeted others in a similar way but it just shows that some unstable people have been tipped over the edge by the whole business.

I've followed Barney Lane on Quora because I find his arguments to be well constructed and he studiously avoids responding to attacks.. Christian targeted him for months and was pretty threatening.. accusing of him of being in the pay of the far right.. as far as I can see with zero evidence.

Last edited:
There has been some pretty unpleasant stuff from the extremes of both sides.. I was accused of being a fascist and racist some months back on Facebook.. it came completely out of the blue and after I'd given up trying to talk sensibly about Brexit on there for well over a year.

I laughed it off as the guy in question targeted others in a similar way but it just shows that some unstable people have been tipped over the edge by the whole business.

I've followed Barney Lane on Quora because I find his arguments to be well constructed and he studiously avoids responding to attacks.. Christian had targeted him for months accusing of him of being in the pay of the far right.. with zero evidence.
My social media consists of using this forum (thanks again JK and mods)

face page
twatter
instantgrammy
snapnatter

all seem to be full of people who go out at night and throw sticks at the moon
and if we needed any more proof the recent departure of the newsreader is just about beyond my realm in logic

My social media consists of using this forum (thanks again JK and mods)

face page
twatter
instantgrammy
snapnatter

all seem to be full of people who go out at night and throw sticks at the moon
and if we needed any more proof the recent departure of the newsreader is just about beyond my realm in logic

Tend to agree.. I have an interest I promote via "anti social media" but otherwise I would have knocked it all on the head long a go. It really is very unpleasant at times.. I hate the constant stream of dictatorial posts telling me what to think by people who should know better... their position has shifted over time from "you are wrong.. lets discuss this" to "lets purge the internet of anyone who disagrees with us"
Happily I found I can put folks on "30 days rest" and I have used it a lot.

Last edited:
Tend to agree.. I have an interest I promote via "anti social media" but otherwise I would have knocked it all on the head long a go. It really is very unpleasant at times.. I hate the constant stream of negative posts telling me what to think by people who should know better... their position shifted over time from "you are wrong.. lets discuss this" to "lets purge the internet of anyone who disagrees with us"
Happily I found I can put folks on "30 days rest" and I have used it a lot.
Yes
gone it seems are the days of good intellectual debate or even a good old fashioned argument
on many an occasion though good debate and frankly someone who knows more about a subject than I thought I did I have changed and thankfully widened my view point
an example is Raefil, Essex and Sepp Blatter, and maybe yourself - there are many more - who have offered different dynamics to a vantage point that have made me look differently at things - maybe a change of perspective?
it doesn’t make you a more intelligent or better person but it does mean that you are much more receptive and responsive to information. It also means you can carry a bit more information round in your head that someday, somehow may come in useful ?
or there is the beat someone with a keyboard stick until they agree with your all so often blinkered and uneducated view

Last edited:
I tend to post less when things descend into a slanging match.. unless its Essex (hola) and I can get a laugh out of it.. I have my opinions and enjoy reading well argued posts from those who have a different perspective.

I'm absolutely not party political.. but I do hold pretty firm views.. my main reasons for supporting any political figure are based more on basic "competency" and "accountability" than their political stance.

Have they done much apart from Westminster/Brussels politics ?
Do they convince me they could organise a piss up in a brewery ?
If I support them.. and am wrong.. do I still have a mechanism to get rid of them ?
Is there main motivation "hatred" ? That includes "hatred" of their political opponents or could just be different people.

I tend to think (to paraphrase Churchill) "democracy/capitalism is the worst system ever invented apart from all the rest" but I definitely reject neo liberalism. There is a difference.

Last edited:

I've followed Barney Lane on Quora because I find his arguments to be well constructed and he studiously avoids responding to attacks.. Christian targeted him for months and was pretty threatening.. accusing of him of being in the pay of the far right.. as far as I can see with zero evidence.
I was called a racist by someone who then went on to label Greeks as lazy, corrupt thieves - he didn't appreciate the irony when I pointed it out and became rather irate. And I had someone threatening to punch my lights out. All very nasty - it happens on the other side, of course.

The word 'fascist' is thrown around far too casually and has been devalued.

I was called a racist by someone who then went on to label Greeks as lazy, corrupt thieves - he didn't appreciate the irony when I pointed it out and became rather irate. And I had someone threatening to punch my lights out. All very nasty - it happens on the other side, of course.

The word 'fascist' is thrown around far too casually and has been devalued.
At least he didn’t go down the goat conversation

I tend to post less when things descend into a slanging match.. unless its Essex (hola) and I can get a laugh out of it.. I have my opinions and enjoy reading well argued posts from those who have a different perspective.

I'm absolutely not party political.. but I do hold pretty firm views.. my main reasons for supporting any political figure are based more on basic "competency" and "accountability" than their political stance.

Have they done much apart from Westminster/Brussels politics ?
Do they convince me they could organise a piss up in a brewery ?
If I support them.. and am wrong.. do I still have a mechanism to get rid of them ?
Is there main motivation "hatred" ? That includes "hatred" of their political opponents or could just be different people.

I tend to think (to paraphrase Churchill) "democracy/capitalism is the worst system ever invented apart from all the rest" but I definitely reject neo liberalism. There is a difference.
When it descends into a slinging match I get the popcorn out.

That's actually not so far from the truth - here, people suggest tsipouro (raki) for whatever ails you.
Poteen used to be the answer to any ailments in humans or livestock in rural Ireland. The first Mrs E's ancient aunt used it on ailing calves and lambs as well as using it like liniment on her arthritic hands and having a drop in her tea when she was feeling under the weather.....she lived to be 95 and the vet bills were minimal for the animals