PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

I got given a timeout for replying to someone who said a Boris look alike who was climbing the Houses of Parliament should have warning shots fired, by saying can we still do it even if it’s the real thing?

Apparently I was inciting violence
I once got a 24 hour ban from Facebook for posting a picture of me wearing nothing except for a sock over my genitals with the caption "Happy Halloween" oddly Instagram were cool about it

Suspended from Twitter for this

"@savhenan You identify as a man. But the FACT is you are biologically a woman. Good luck to you but reality is against you."

I guess its no discussion allowed on that subject
Which one got banned?.... Savhenor or the one that isn't in tune with reality themselves but is stating a fact? I'm not on twatter but if you get banned for that what's the point using it?.........Live and let live with transgenders but they must not be allowed in sports... And yes I'm serious.

Which one got banned?.... Savhenor or the one that isn't in tune with reality themselves but is stating a fact? I'm not on twatter but if you get banned for that what's the point using it?.........Live and let live with transgenders but they must not be allowed in sports... And yes I'm serious.
That was Snickys account

Haha it's still on my Instagram! You have to go back about 5 years though
Haha this reminds me of a great joke....

This fellow was so deeply in love that just before he was married, he had his bride's name tattooed on his love muscle. Normally, only the first and last letters were visible, although when he was aroused, the tattoo spelled out W-E-N-D-Y. Now they're on their honeymoon at a resort in Montego Bay. One night, in the men's room, this fellow finds himself standing next to a tall Jamaican at the urinal.

To his amazement, he notices that this man, too, has the letters W-Y tattooed on his penis. "Excuse me," he says, "but I couldn't help noticing your tattoo. Do you have a girlfriend named Wendy?" "No way, mon, I work for the Tourist board. Mine reads, "Welcome to Jamaica, mon. We have great beaches, great ladies, and great sun, mon! Have a nice day.'"

This fellow was so deeply in love that just before he was married, he had his bride's name tattooed on his love muscle. Normally, only the first and last letters were visible, although when he was aroused, the tattoo spelled out W-E-N-D-Y. Now they're on their honeymoon at a resort in Montego Bay. One night, in the men's room, this fellow finds himself standing next to a tall Jamaican at the urinal.

To his amazement, he notices that this man, too, has the letters W-Y tattooed on his penis. "Excuse me," he says, "but I couldn't help noticing your tattoo. Do you have a girlfriend named Wendy?" "No way, mon, I work for the Tourist board. Mine reads, "Welcome to Jamaica, mon. We have great beaches, great ladies, and great sun, mon! Have a nice day.'"
Steady
Racial stereotyping
😉

For what my opinions worth I think Snicky's one of the best posters on here... We ban characters like that and the forum becomes mundane.

Although I do agree that if the silly fecker spouts abuse like he did on twatter then he deserves everything he gets ........... For actually bothering with them in the first place.. Dickhead. :D :D

Tbf to Snicky he has been a lot more restrained over the last few months. Still irritates the shot out of me at times but I'm sure the feeling is mutual as it is bound to be with most of the regular posters!!

I stopped at Wendy. That's my mum's name...

Okay, this will probably trigger some of you. The PC alarm bells will be ringing like crazy for one or two of you and you’ll be at racist alert DefCon 1 before you can say Owen Jones.

I’m therefore going to start with a disclaimer. I have absolutely nothing against Dev Patel playing the lead role in a Dickensian drama, David Copperfield. However, the CBBC Newsround article did raise a few questions with me which I want to share:
  1. If as Dev suggests we should cast ‘colour-blind’ then on the flip-side why does liberal media have a problem with white people playing non-white roles.
  2. If Dev admits to feeling alienated by period dramas but is now taking on the lead role of a character outside of his cultural experience, wouldn’t that same liberal media describe that as cultural appropriation? Recently we have had people berated and labelled in the same way by the same media for creating a fashion range based on the traditional Japanese kimono.
  3. If the film is more reflective of London’s current mix of cultures, doesn’t that miss the point that Dickens wrote about culture in 19th century London?
Like I said, I will happily watch Dev play this role. Good luck to him!

I guess its a case of language continuing to evolve.

I still remember "Gay," meaning fun and happy, for example.

I can honestly say that Ive never used the term BAME in ordinary conversation.

I can honestly say I haven’t used that term either. If I am being brutally truthful it’s not out of respect or thought, it’s because I have no idea what it’s meant to mean. That isn’t to say I don’t respect people I absolutely do, I just have no respect for being told what to say and think and these terms usually come from some overpaid and/or overthinking person that seem to think we all have no idea how to behave.

The Ribbleton thing. Are you really left wing? That’s terrible.

I was born and bred in Ribbleton and still live just outside it. It never ceases to amaze me that those that preach how we should be full of acceptance and speak accordingly have no problem whatsoever in throwing preconceived insults and abuse around themselves. It’s why I have no respect for any woke shite whatsoever.

I was born and bred in Ribbleton and still live just outside it. It never ceases to amaze me that those that preach how we should be full of acceptance and speak accordingly have no problem whatsoever in throwing preconceived insults and abuse around themselves. It’s why I have no respect for any woke shite whatsoever.

I couldn’t agree more.