PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

They do this every 10 years. 20 years ago it got quite far and was starting to be successful but then they pulled it AGAIN
Further Education and training has always been a cinderella service. Underfunded, with no proper strategic oversight, it has been generally last on the list for educational policy development. One thing that Blair and Brown did do right was to properly fund FE and training. The last 10 years has seen funding drop hugely. It's telling that in one of his previous incarnations Hancock had responsibility for this area.....

Last edited:

🤣
See, I don't understand the problem. It's a character in a cartoon. There's no black facing or racial malice there, Apu is a parody of a stereotypical shop keeper that most people can relate to.
Cleveland from family guy is voiced by a white man, it means nothing.
The character Rudy from the mighty boosh (clearly based on Jimi Hendrix) is Julien Barret.
The list is endless, all it takes is a little common sense but unfortunately there's a lot of people out there desperate to find something to kick up a stink about. Possibly because they've nothing else better to do than suck the life out of everything.
Obviously there's limits, but ffs, it's getting ridiculous.

I don't watch women's football, daddyman. Nothing against them playing as much they like, though.
Just revisiting this. Im watching this game now, being played at St Georges park, coverage on the red button, looks like 2 cameras being deployed, both unsteady because of the wind. Can you imagine a scenario when this would happen to a mens full international?

One for Mersey!

omg. They’re more likely to end “right” supremacy. (Titania MacGrath’s commentary is a bit hyperbolic- but not sure I blame her)

The website’s goal is to remove racial bias in the teaching of schoolkids. They probably have a point somewhere - but they have clearly become unhinged.

Katie whyatt a journo from the athletic tweeted this.

As I said earlier can anyone imagine any scenario where this type of coverage, Kick Off time, would be acceptable in a full mens international?

Seen a massive increase in uptake across White groups.

I'd be interested to see similar figures in apprenticeships. Far too much focus put on higher education when it isnt the right pathway for such a high percentage of people.
😲 👏

Just revisiting this. Im watching this game now, being played at St Georges park, coverage on the red button, looks like 2 cameras being deployed, both unsteady because of the wind. Can you imagine a scenario when this would happen to a mens full international?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, raefil.

Katie whyatt a journo from the athletic tweeted this.

As I said earlier can anyone imagine any scenario where this type of coverage, Kick Off time, would be acceptable in a full mens international?

Yep, Im sure all 8 viewers were furious.

I appreciate what youre saying, but it simply cant be argued that exposure isnt being given to Women's football, it is all over the BBC at the moment.

The last couple of comments actually show how backwards we still are. Thanks guys for proving the point admirably.

Still, only women eh lads?

Im watching an interesting series, right now, on Prime. "The Handmaidens Tale." Youd enjoy it a lot. Women put firmly in their place ;) None of this football nonsense.

That's just a lie.

It isnt a bad show, but it might have the worst pacing I've ever seen. Tediously ambles through what might have otherwise been an interesting plot.

As an aside, there's nothing sexist or backward about criticising women's football

Im watching an interesting series, right now, on Prime. "The Handmaidens Tale." Youd enjoy it a lot. Women put firmly in their place ;) None of this football nonsense.
No, you're watching the Handmaid's Tale, I suspect? I don't mind women playing football but I don't personally want to watch it. There are several reasons for that, mainly though because it's not very good. Nothing to do with putting women in their place. I believe men and women are equal (and they are) but they are also different.

Don't think women should he allowed to go down the pit or serve in the infantry (frontline etc) for instance, but I'm old school and dying out. I still try to open doors for them. Really weird, I know. I want shooting.