PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Poll - How do you feel about the Open Letter response?

Having read the response to the Open Letter, do you now feel better about the running of the club?

• Total voters

mozzchops

Patron
Can we have another option please?
It’s too early to tell if anything will change or if they were paying the attendees lip service.

It all sounds good and fair to me and I feel like.there still is a plan In place which is good ( as long as its not bullshit). However, with the budget I can't see the plan coming off. Also, perhaps I missed some but i didn't see anything about potential plans to perhaps sell the club or would that be something that wouldn't be up.for discussion either way?
I want to say I happy with what they said but not sure if it's all just glossing over with lip feed.

It all sounds good and fair to me and I feel like.there still is a plan In place which is good ( as long as its not bullshit). However, with the budget I can't see the plan coming off. Also, perhaps I missed some but i didn't see anything about potential plans to perhaps sell the club or would that be something that wouldn't be up.for discussion either way?
I want to say I happy with what they said but not sure if it's all just glossing over with lip feed.
Sorry Micky could you explain what the plan is to me because I have absolutely no clue what it is and worst still I don’t think the club do either.

Warton PNE

Patron

Please can you let me know where you saw this plan?

Oh Hughie Costello

Club Legend
The main issue concerning the club wasn't addressed:

Who owns the shares in Worden Ltd - the company that ultimately covers the clubs loses each year. Craig Hemmings might be a shareholder (alongside his siblings) or he might not be. The mods don't like Hemmings private life being discussed, which is fair enough, but we no longer have a billionaire owner. Preston NE is part of a billion pound estate which was put into trust to benefit x number of people. The long-term future for the club is very bleak if it isn't sold by the summer of 2024 as those who benefit from the trust won't want millions being drained from it each year.

noelpne

Patron
I still think there should be a 'plan' personally released by P.N.E.F.C. and detailing Short, Medium & Long Term Aims over periods of 2 ,5 & 10 years, along with those incomes & expenditures that can be guaranteed, along with a 'pessimistic' idea of the Plus's & Minus's of those that cannot.
(Better not be too financially optimistic in these uncertain times) !
The main area for expansion is on the Commercial side. PNE fall far behind other Lanky Clubs in this respect.

Yeti

Sorry Micky could you explain what the plan is to me because I have absolutely no clue what it is and worst still I don’t think the club do either.
My take on the plan is to sign younger players which we can sell on at a profit after a few years to cover the losses we occur over the year. The problem is with this is that Peter and Craig then said we don't offer long term contracts to players as the manager prefers players on shorter ones so they ahev to earn there new contracts which then means the first part is never going to happen as you have to have players on long term contracts to get maximum value and should be selling them at the latest with 2 years left before they run down there contract and the value decreases.

We can safely say according to the meeting notes non of it is Peter or Craig's fault and it mainly lies with Alex Neil signing players or giving contract to players he didn't play, and Ryan Lowe been to enthusiactic during the summer when all along he was happy with not signing a RWB or striker

My take on the plan is to sign younger players which we can sell on at a profit after a few years to cover the losses we occur over the year. The problem is with this is that Peter and Craig then said we don't offer long term contracts to players as the manager prefers players on shorter ones so they ahev to earn there new contracts which then means the first part is never going to happen as you have to have players on long term contracts to get maximum value and should be selling them at the latest with 2 years left before they run down there contract and the value decreases.

We can safely say according to the meeting notes non of it is Peter or Craig's fault and it mainly lies with Alex Neil signing players or giving contract to players he didn't play, and Ryan Lowe been to enthusiactic during the summer when all along he was happy with not signing a RWB or striker
Thank you Yeti.

So the plan is an unworkable plan because we have employed easily pleased managers thus far. I wonder if they have a plan on the recruitment of managers then;):eek::poop:

lenny

The plan is
cut costs as much as we can.
recruit cheap lower league players and hope one comes good.
sell that player as soon as a half decent offer comes in.
spend as little as possible on the stadium and the fanzone.
blame everyone else apart from the owners and Peter.
expect the fans to be great full that we have a team to support.
believe everything that Craig and Peter say because they done tell porkies. ( apparently).

Against the run of play, I've voted 'Yes, slightly' as I think CH's seemingly openness to having such a forum is a good start (can't imagine the late TH taking part in something like this). However, there was far too much of PR blaming everyone/thing else - it's Alex Neil; it's Ryan Lowe; it's the Council etc etc.
Plus, he snuck in his fabled 3 out of 5 line... although I'm yet to see him get past 1 in 5.

Damp Squib

Patron
Some fans will never be happy what ever CH or PR do or say .
The same will happen if we ever get new owners .
Sadly to many have high expectations.
The same applies 2 thirds of supporters of other championship clubs .
So what precisely are you happy with and what expectations do you consider are too high?

Or is this just one of those sweeping statements, which will, in your own mind, allow you to move another notch up on the "I'm a better fan than you" pedestal, hoping desperately that one day you'll be sat on the Riddler's lap while he recounts tales from his glory days at Leeds, Barnsley, Cardiff and Plymouth?

Some fans will never be happy what ever CH or PR do or say .
The same will happen if we ever get new owners .
Sadly to many have high expectations.
The same applies 2 thirds of supporters of other championship clubs .
If you don’t have expectations why bother? It’s a sport, a competitive game, ambition and expectations are essential. I despair you even think to use such a thing as an accusation.