PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Poll - Is it time for Peter Ridsdale to Go?

Poll - Is it time for Peter Ridsdale to Go?

• Yes, go now

Votes: 195 78.9%
  • Yes, but leave it till the new year

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Give him rest of the season

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • He is doing OK

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Leave him alone, he doesn't pick the squad or tactics

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • He is doing Good for us

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive voted go now but theres nothing knee jerk about it.

He should have been shown the door when he attempted to fleece supporters during the pandemic,

Ive never forgiven him for putting a clause in that there would be no refunds of STs should the pandemic close football grounds. It was eventually removed but the fact he tried showed the contempt he has for the paying support of this club.

Go now, dont even bother closing the door behind you.

Ive said this before but without the removal of Ridsdale there is little point in changing the manager.

Gone second option, purely for the stability whilst Craig Hemmings transitions to ownership, but I’d happily see him go now. Club is stale and needs completely gutting and resetting
It might be an idea to have some irons in the fire ahead of the January transfer window, unless we want to end up with a bunch of Riddlers top selection of crocks and dross.

Joe Savage left on Jan 3rd but we didn't allow him any involvement in recruitment in the month prior to departure. I guess Riddler wanted a Xmas bonus for his new found recruitment skills. We just issued a statement saying...

"All player enquiries should be addressed to Peter Ridsdale at Preston North End until further notice."

And when Riddler said further notice, he meant our advisory-director-in-all-but-name had weighed up all the options and after deep thought decided that he himself was the best man for the job.

Ive voted go now but theres nothing knee jerk about it.

He should have been shown the door when he attempted to fleece supporters during the pandemic,

Ive never forgiven him for putting a clause in that there would be no refunds of STs should the pandemic close football grounds. It was eventually removed but the fact he tried showed the contempt he has for the paying support of this club.

Go now, dont even bother closing the door behind you.

Ive said this before but without the removal of Ridsdale there is little point in changing the manager.
Fully agree with raefil's comments.

Ridsdale is a blood sucking leach and is not concerned with the feelings of true fans who have supported the club all their lives.

I am nearly 70 now and first went on Deepdale when I was 4 years old. I think that Cliff Britton was the manager then followed later by Jimmy Milne. I have never seen my club; PNE in the top division in all that time.

Peter Ridsdale make me sick. Throughout his "advisory" career with a host of other clubs he has been interested only in lining his own pockets and not progressing the clubs. All the other clubs have seen through his antics and motives and sacked him.....For Christ's sake the crook was banned from being a director for 3 years yet Trevor Hemmings appointed him. Why the Hemmings family hold such faith in this cheat is beyond me and I ask Craig Hemmings if he would allow Ridsdale to manage any other of Hemmings Group of Companies?

Get rid of the fat b*****d now.

I’ll go against the grain and say til the end of the season.

It’s just incorrect to say he hasn’t done some good for the club. He played a role in acquiring some great talents for very little cash when we returned to the championship.

The contract situation unfortunately undid a lot of the good work, but we still got Cunningham, Pearson, DJ, Fisher and Hugill for collectively under £1m.

Whiteman and McCann are also good acquisitions and if we are going to be fair in analysis his performance as our de facto chairman, we have to give him credit there.

The reason I’d like to see him leave is that, at 70 years of age, he appears to be taking greater control over all aspects of the club, when really he should be unwinding.

What is the succession plan when he leaves? Analysts seem to have been disregarded to the point I have no confidence in the infrastructure of the club anymore.

I also think his perceived success with us has led to a return of the arrogance which cost him so dearly at previous clubs.

We created a crisis at right back in January last reason simply because he didn’t get on with our very capable right back. Selling a good player for peanuts over your manager’s head was the turning point for me.

He’s not a humble enough man to stop his personal grudges interfering with the playing squad, and that is enough for me to know he needs replacing

It’s just incorrect to say he hasn’t done some good for the club. He played a role in acquiring some great talents for very little cash when we returned to the championship.

The contract situation unfortunately undid a lot of the good work, but we still got Cunningham, Pearson, DJ, Fisher and Hugill for collectively under £1m.

Whiteman and McCann are also good acquisitions and if we are going to be fair in analysis his performance as our de facto chairman, we have to give him credit there.

The reason I’d like to see him leave is that, at 70 years of age, he appears to be taking greater control over all aspects of the club, when really he should be unwinding.

What is the succession plan when he leaves? Analysts seem to have been disregarded to the point I have no confidence in the infrastructure of the club anymore.

I also think his perceived success with us has led to a return of the arrogance which cost him so dearly at previous clubs.

We created a crisis at right back in January last reason simply because he didn’t get on with our very capable right back. Selling a good player for peanuts over your manager’s head was the turning point for me.

He’s not a humble enough man to stop his personal grudges interfering with the playing squad, and that is enough for me to know he needs replacing
I think you give him far too much credit for achieving a mere handful of good deals in a morass of appalling ones.

We are making next to nothing in transfer profits compared to a similar-sized club like Brentford, and the blame for that has to go to Ridsdale.

The whole reason we have exactly the same "strategy" as we had when we were in League One under Westley is, Ridsdale wrote the strategy then, and he has never seen any reason to revise it since.

We can't progress while Ridsdale is here, because he is a literal barrier to progress, so any season we allow him to stay, we are basically writing off.

There is no succession plan for when Riddler leaves. Cos he's not planning on leaving.

That's why he's tried to make himself indispensable by taking on all the positions of control at the club.

He's second to none, cos there's no one else left with any experience.

While Ridsdale plays the part of pantomime villain so effortlessly, he provides the perfect distraction from the strategic weakness at board level.

He's just what unambitious owners want.

He's not going anywhere. Whatever we may want or think.

Get the fuck out of the club.

You don't understand football, you are a talker, a businessman. There is no substance to you and for all of your guff, you know that you do not know the first thing about getting us out of this division apart from through the trap door.

You've made a huge error appointing this manager, awarding contracts to players who aren't up to standard or even fit enough and you have lost some of our most talented players this side of the millennium for peanuts through your dithering.

Get the fuck out.

While Ridsdale plays the part of pantomime villain so effortlessly, he provides the perfect distraction from the strategic weakness at board level.

He's just what unambitious owners want.

He's not going anywhere. Whatever we may want or think.

Has Joe Savage spent a lot at Hearts? Even Brentford's model has matched our wage bill for years.

I'm not having a dig, I just think the money squandered by Ridsdale makes what you say totally untrue. Someone could come in and get more out of the club with even less money.

Potts, Cunningham, Evans. There are lots of Directors and Chairman who wouldn't have given these people huge long contracts, as an example. Ridsdale's mistakes are through his decisions, not through the resources afforded him.

Fully agree with raefil's comments.

Ridsdale is a blood sucking leach and is not concerned with the feelings of true fans who have supported the club all their lives.

I am nearly 70 now and first went on Deepdale when I was 4 years old. I think that Cliff Britton was the manager then followed later by Jimmy Milne. I have never seen my club; PNE in the top division in all that time.

Peter Ridsdale make me sick. Throughout his "advisory" career with a host of other clubs he has been interested only in lining his own pockets and not progressing the clubs. All the other clubs have seen through his antics and motives and sacked him.....For Christ's sake the crook was banned from being a director for 3 years yet Trevor Hemmings appointed him. Why the Hemmings family hold such faith in this cheat is beyond me and I ask Craig Hemmings if he would allow Ridsdale to manage any other of Hemmings Group of Companies?

Get rid of the fat b*****d now.
Couldn’t have put it better myself - Frankie is out of his depth and seems to hold the supporters in the same character as the charlatan who appointed him , it makes me sad seeing what we have become with PR running the show , I can only hope that a dim light is just about showing that sees CH remove this fraud at the club or sell the club and give us something to give us belief we have a plan , vision , ambition instead of utter apathy and contempt at every turn and with regards to the utter garbage we see pretty much week in week out on the pitch that won’t change until the above happens ….such a shame to see the club I love and will always support in such a sorry state , being in the Championship is almost of no relevance when ‘ the football and that’s a lose term ‘ is so dull and the club is rotten from the inside ….. I will be delighted and only then with PNE when Risdale is out the door , come on CH Plymouth , Leeds , Cardiff , Barnsley all saw through it … RIP Trevor he couldn’t or simply didn’t want to I’m hoping you can and take the necessary action remove or sell up …

I think you give him far too much credit for achieving a mere handful of good deals in a morass of appalling ones.

We are making next to nothing in transfer profits compared to a similar-sized club like Brentford, and the blame for that has to go to Ridsdale.

The whole reason we have exactly the same "strategy" as we had when we were in League One under Westley is, Ridsdale wrote the strategy then, and he has never seen any reason to revise it since.

We can't progress while Ridsdale is here, because he is a literal barrier to progress, so any season we allow him to stay, we are basically writing off.

2 years ago the Ridsdale out movement would have got very little, if any, traction.

In The following 2 years he’s presided, and in many cases, forced through deals that have significantly weakened the standing of our club.

Good players have left, average players have been tied down to huge contracts, we’ve signed total shit.

The drop off in quality from the previous manager to the current is the biggest I’ve known in my entire time supporting the club.

Then you tag on the covid related stuff @raefil has explained and you’ve got more than enough reasons to sack a bloke reportedly earning upwards of 500k per year.

I do think he did good work in the past and I don’t feel the need to retcon that in order to justify my decision that he needs to go

2 years ago the Ridsdale out movement would have got very little, if any, traction.

In The following 2 years he’s presided, and in many cases, forced through deals that have significantly weakened the standing of our club.

Good players have left, average players have been tied down to huge contracts, we’ve signed total shit.

The drop off in quality from the previous manager to the current is the biggest I’ve known in my entire time supporting the club.

Then you tag on the covid related stuff @raefil has explained and you’ve got more than enough reasons to sack a bloke reportedly earning upwards of 500k per year.

I do think he did good work in the past and I don’t feel the need to retcon that in order to justify my decision that he needs to go

I agree, there was some good work done in the past. He used to be a significant upgrade on Maurice Lindsay and Deadly but it's been like four years of fucking up now. The decisions have got even worse. I know Potts is getting unfair abuse and it isn't on at all and I hope he proves everyone including me wrong but two year extension? Come on man,that is so out of touch with 99% of fans.