PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Poll - Is it time for Peter Ridsdale to Go?

Poll - Is it time for Peter Ridsdale to Go?

• Yes, go now

Votes: 195 78.9%
  • Yes, but leave it till the new year

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Give him rest of the season

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • He is doing OK

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Leave him alone, he doesn't pick the squad or tactics

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • He is doing Good for us

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, there was some good work done in the past. He used to be a significant upgrade on Maurice Lindsay and Deadly but it's been like four years of fucking up now. The decisions have got even worse. I know Potts is getting unfair abuse and it isn't on at all and I hope he proves everyone including me wrong but two year extension? Come on man,that is so out of touch with 99% of fans.
If ever there was a player on easy street it’s Brad Potts. Not a key player, nor even a semi regular starter, nor young enough to be a development player who may get better, and makes zero impact from the bench, why oh why?

If ever there was a player on easy street it’s Brad Potts. Not a key player, nor even a semi regular starter, nor young enough to be a development player who may get better, and makes zero impact from the bench, why oh why?

It's lunacy. I think he got an easy time from fans on the Ched Evans and Greg Cunningham 2 yearers. Fucking hell, had there been enough shown from either? Evans had the form of his post prison career last year, deserved a year but 2? Who gives a 32 year old 2 years? Cunningham has looked like a shadow of himself.

He could be fired on contract negotiations alone in the last 12 months. Easy.

It certainly would be a statement for Craig to sack both Ridsdale and McAvoy at the same time unfortunately I can’t see that happening , we probably need someone to sort out things when Frankie goes , he did get Neil here which at the time seemed a good appointment but equally he was a fault for appointing Frankie his recruitment and contract extensions in the last couple of years we all know have been awful.
But who would sort out negotiations with a new coach and almost as important what will happen in the January transfer window, it would probably be hard for someone to take over from Ridsdale and deal with both issues when he knows nothing about the club the priority of the players we need while still getting his feet under the table .
It’s for that reason and that reason only that I think the end of the season would be a better time to get rid of Ridsdale, at least Craig can say you’d better get things right in the next couple of months or you like Frankie will be looking at the situations vacant .

Has Joe Savage spent a lot at Hearts? Even Brentford's model has matched our wage bill for years.

I'm not having a dig, I just think the money squandered by Ridsdale makes what you say totally untrue. Someone could come in and get more out of the club with even less money.

Potts, Cunningham, Evans. There are lots of Directors and Chairman who wouldn't have given these people huge long contracts, as an example. Ridsdale's mistakes are through his decisions, not through the resources afforded him.

I'm saying that while Ridsdale carries on making these mistakes (the ones you describe), he distracts us from placing the ambitions of the owners under the microscope.

And if I was a football club owner without ambition - that would suit me just fine.

It certainly would be a statement for Craig to sack both Ridsdale and McAvoy at the same time unfortunately I can’t see that happening , we probably need someone to sort out things when Frankie goes , he did get Neil here which at the time seemed a good appointment but equally he was a fault for appointing Frankie his recruitment and contract extensions in the last couple of years we all know have been awful.
But who would sort out negotiations with a new coach and almost as important what will happen in the January transfer window, it would probably be hard for someone to take over from Ridsdale and deal with both issues when he knows nothing about the club the priority of the players we need while still getting his feet under the table .
It’s for that reason and that reason only that I think the end of the season would be a better time to get rid of Ridsdale, at least Craig can say you’d better get things right in the next couple of months or you like Frankie will be looking at the situations vacant .

Yeah, also Craig seems a bit in awe of PR's league director position. I don't see how it helps us much as we need to get it right on the pitch and seemingly that is impossible with him pulling the strings

He must go and soon, Ridsdale is the big problem here and we have been saying this for too long, his arrogance and "it's my decision or nothing" attitude has died a slow death, I'm ashamed that Trevor Hemmings thought him fit to leave in charge of certain issues, like contracts, where he failed miserably. When the LEP used to show Ridsdale accompanying Neil to away matches I knew then we were doomed, he just likes to laud it over people. Horrible arrogant man with no idea at all.

GET RID but not sdale.

Derek did the job better than the last two put together, if Trevor had given the money for team strengthening that he was asked for when first Billy then Simmo were in charge and flying high in the league we may well have made the Premiership, we didn’t lose our prize assets for peanuts either.

Derek did the job better than the last two put together, if Trevor had given the money for team strengthening that he was asked for when first Billy then Simmo were in charge and flying high in the league we may well have made the Premiership, we didn’t lose our prize assets for peanuts either.

Welcome to the forum Derek.

Finally run out of chicken?

Poll on a forum, what are we actually going to do though? Nothing.

Next home game we should stop this twat from even getting in the stadium. He's absolutely taking the piss out of us.

It is with regret, that as Peter has proved himself consistently slow to recognise problems with the managers he has selected, he has been relieved of his duties along with McAvoy.

The club will be advertising for new manager, and a new chief executive.

It is with regret, that as Peter has proved himself consistently slow to recognise problems with the managers he has selected, he has been relieved of his duties along with McAvoy.

The club will be advertising for new manager, and a new chief executive.
Grayson & Neil were good appointments but it was pure luck, as they were out of work and just fit the bill.

The only consideration apart from McAvoy was Grant McCann, as no compensation would have been involved due to a clause in his contract.

Grayson & Neil were good appointments but it was pure luck, as they were out of work and just fit the bill.

The only consideration apart from McAvoy was Grant McCann, as no compensation would have been involved due to a clause in his contract.
Westley - shite appointment and refused to admit it
Grayson - excellent appointment
Neil - very decent appointment but when it went sour, took a long time to admit it
Frankie - made some sense at the time but refuses to accept it isn’t working ala Westley

I'm saying that while Ridsdale carries on making these mistakes (the ones you describe), he distracts us from placing the ambitions of the owners under the microscope.

And if I was a football club owner without ambition - that would suit me just fine.
It's exactly this - CH said pretty much this in his statement ...

"Peter Ridsdale .... is tasked with managing all the football related matters of the club ....... Peter and the team work to an annual budget. ..... Both Peter and I are very aware that not every transfer decision works ...... At PNE both Peter and I strive to be an asset to the coaching/playing staff not a hindrance, but ultimately we are the ones who have to enforce our budget."

Nothing about accountability. Nothing about scrutiny. No mention of the constant devaluing of the clubs assets. No concept of the outright alienation of the vast majority of the club's customer base. No ambition.

CH's statement may as well have said ....

"Peter runs the club and, as long as he does so within the budget, no-one on the board gives a f***."

Westley - shite appointment and refused to admit it
Grayson - excellent appointment
Neil - very decent appointment but when it went sour, took a long time to admit it
Frankie - made some sense at the time but refuses to accept it isn’t working ala Westley
Sadly agree with this. I've always wondered why people in the public eye refuse to level with anyone (BoJo anyone?). A bit of humility once in a while (read: Southgate's response to getting into the Euro finals about 96) and we'd all be in a much better place.

I have put no he is doing Ok. I have voted this is I do not believe him going will see a massive change. I would like to see him having less involvement on the football side of things though.